• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Odd part: Too many hood insulator clips?

ChicagoShogun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Had my car washed this weekend -- very reputable and professional place I've been going to for years -- and I found a number of clips put into my cup holder I hadn't seen before. It was already past open hours so thought I'd post here first to get opinions. The attached pic is of a hood insulator clip. The hood insulator only needs 8 clips from what I see, and they're all in place. But now I have all these extra. Not sure where they came from. Any ideas would be appreciated!

1702910999428.png

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Strange. You're correct in the amount of those that are required for the hood insulator(8) and I don't see anywhere else on the car where these particular clips go. I checked Base, A-Spec and Type-S models and these are specific to the hood area, insulator only. :what:

91501-SWA-003

-G

OP
OP
ChicagoShogun

ChicagoShogun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Appreciate the response... yeah, I'm scratching my head on it too. I have two hypotheses on this: either the guys at the shop had some extra laying around the shop and they wanted me to have them, or they were left in the car somewhere by the dealer for whatever reason... maybe they took the hood insulator off when doing PDI or something, broke a clip or two and replaced them and gave me the extra. Will find out more hopefully when I call the shop later.