• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hood vent missing bolts?!

keAiko18

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS
I’ve owned my brand new ‘24 ITS for less than a week. Popped the hood open and was checking out the beauty of it all. Then I noticed the hood vent was hanging a little loose. It only had 2 out of 5 bolts holding it on. Yes, I know it’s an easy fix but still, whaaaat the heck is going on?! Makes me feel like I gotta inspect to assure myself that every nut and bolt is in place💆‍♂️
IMG_7019.jpeg
IMG_7020.jpeg
IMG_7021.jpeg
IMG_7022.jpeg

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
smh...Dealership's PDI are a joke...Now you have to waste your time with a trip back to the dealer..

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
No witness marks, like they were never even there to begin with.

I also recall two members who each found a stray nut.

Are the accountants still assembling these cars over at Marysville?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you get PPF done on the hood? I know my installer removed it.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's like a carnival ride--if the thing stays mostly together without all the bolts, they were never needed to begin with.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Congrats on your free weight reduction!

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
You can just take it off if you like.
It just diffuses water (car wash/rain) from top of motor.

I do understand the qc concern

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
I understand the frustration and concern. My passenger side skirt is not installed correctly and the bumper cover had some misaligned clips. Installed splashguards last weekend and found they had used the wrong hardware on the driver rear fender liner. Most of it was hanging loose. All in all minor stuff, but in the moment I was frustrated enough that I started looking for boost blue FL5s 😆.

Obviously the dealer will fix you up quick. I doubt I’ll have the same luck on my side skirt but I’ll try. I’m sure they’ll say it took a hit but it did not. I saw some minor misalignment at pick up but didn’t flag it. Later I found a cracked clip and some clips not popped in. I replaced the cracked clip but will need to take it all the way off to figure out what is up with the other clips that won’t fully seat. It will be a good excuse to visit my buddy with a lift if the dealer won’t help.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Yea pretty much par for the course as they say. Just go in tell them you would like the bill song bolts screws nuts whatever you find missing. Some times they even give them to
you for free. I got my .94 cent tray screw bolt on the house….

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This must be one of the cars that were built after a late Sunday or Monday Night Football game with the Browns or Bengals.

Dealer will take care of it, and no it won't cost you a dime. FWIW, on my car a piece of trim in the windshield cowl was either never there or maybe flew off on the interstate or track, who knows? But the dealer dealt with it. It happens.

You could pop over to Rennlist and hear about guys getting their Porsches delivered with factory "powder-coated" wheels that were supposed to have silver trim, or half the roof one shade of silver and the other half a different shade of silver... actually come to think of it I had to take a Macan to the dealer for a weird noise that only happened when I accelerated or decelerated- the driver's side seat bolts were loose from the factory.

OP
OP
keAiko18

keAiko18

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS
This must be one of the cars that were built after a late Sunday or Monday Night Football game with the Browns or Bengals.

Dealer will take care of it, and no it won't cost you a dime. FWIW, on my car a piece of trim in the windshield cowl was either never there or maybe flew off on the interstate or track, who knows? But the dealer dealt with it. It happens.

You could pop over to Rennlist and hear about guys getting their Porsches delivered with factory "powder-coated" wheels that were supposed to have silver trim, or half the roof one shade of silver and the other half a different shade of silver... actually come to think of it I had to take a Macan to the dealer for a weird noise that only happened when I accelerated or decelerated- the driver's side seat bolts were loose from the factory.
Yeah guarantee car was built after SNF🏈, so they was short handed Monday at work. Put only two bolts in and moved the car right along ➡➡➡😆