• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hatchback wiper?

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Aspec w/Tech CVT
I am surprised how most hatchbacks or even non-hatch back vehicle these days have a rear wiper.
Yet... the 2024 Integra 5 DR hatch back does not - am I missing this an invisible wiper or what?
I owned 3; 3rd Gen Integras in the past and all have it; even a sedan one I recall had it.
Yet... these new 2024 does not?

Where, why?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Glad it doesn't have an extra 20+ lbs of useless junk in the hatch and a hole you have to plug.
There's a fix for that.
Screenshot_20240209-200809.png

Also it's a Sportback😉

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
True. It's a north american car only so they don't have to meet the regs from around the world. Most enthusiasts do the wiper delete. We get no wiper, better exhaust sounds, etc.

That's my guess anyway.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
It's funny because Type R has rear wipers 🤭

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It's funny because Type R has rear wipers 🤭
Type R not as cool as Type S!

I will say I was able to sit in a Type R last week, and I really did love the seats and the general feel of all the Alcantara. Made me kind of want it.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I also sat in a friend's Type R last month and immediately noticed the grip and the much more focused fit compared to the Type S.

I couldn't tell him in person that the Type S was cooler though...

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Add some Rain-X in the rear glass.
Problem solved.
Haven't driven in the rain yet, but is it a problem? I would image the acute angle of the rear glass allows the air to push down the water as opposed to the CTR's more hatchback slope, thereby needing the rear wiper.

The more I hear, the ITS doesn't have this or that, the more I fall in love with it. Hard to find a car these days that's not cluttered with crap. I want a powerful engine, in a light good looking car and this is that car.

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I lightly polished all glass and applied aquapel. Rain/water doesn’t even stick anymore.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Haven't driven in the rain yet, but is it a problem? I would image the acute angle of the rear glass allows the air to push down the water as opposed to the CTR's more hatchback slope, thereby needing the rear wiper.

The more I hear, the ITS doesn't have this or that, the more I fall in love with it. Hard to find a car these days that's not cluttered with crap. I want a powerful engine, in a light good looking car and this is that car.
I never look behind me and always looking ahead.😉
My last hatch had a rear wiper I never used in 8 years. A year before I sold it I realized the rear defrost heated the mirrors.. that's how often I looked behind me.

c jones

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra S
Had the '19 Type R and traded for a Type S. Never used the rear wiper. R seats have more side bolster closer together for a clingier fit. Love both, R is a rambunctious 20 yr old (beer) and the S is a 35 yr old (wine or bourbon). Am very happy to experience both.

NOVABlueyITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Acura MDX Tech
Definitely don't mind lack of rear wiper. Had one on my RSX and never used it.

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Aspec w/Tech CVT
Glad it doesn't have an extra 20+ lbs of useless junk in the hatch and a hole you have to plug.
There's a fix for that.
Screenshot_20240209-200809.png

Also it's a Sportback😉
Come to think of it. You're right~ I recall plugging the rear wiper on my DC2 :D