• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Rear Wiper/Washer

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Technically, it's a hatchback, but effectively it's more of a lift or sportback, depending on what you want to call it. If anyone has driven in rain/on wet roads, did the back window stay mostly clean, like it would in a sedan, or did you find yourself wishing it had a rear wiper?

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Stays clean for most part when it rains, doesn't hinder rear visibility which I might add is better than I thought it would be. Thought the rear glass would be small, but it's actually reasonably sized. Overall visibility throughout the car is quite good

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I gulped when I saw there was no rear wiper on this hatch. My Honda CR-Z hatch has a wiper/washer, which I use often, but it gets dirtier than the Integra’s hatch glass. The aerodynamics are better on the Integra. I’ve also ceramic coated the outside of all my windows so that is helping too.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I never used the rear wiper or rear defrost of my last hatchback. After 6 years of ownership I found out it had heated mirrors tied to the same rear defrost switch...like the Teggy. Then I sold it for this car.lol
Do you guys look out the rear alot? I just use my side mirrors mostly and glance out the rear once in awhile don't think I would even notice dirt.

OP
OP
BKK Jack

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I never used the rear wiper or rear defrost of my last hatchback. After 6 years of ownership I found out it had heated mirrors tied to the same rear defrost switch...like the Teggy. Then I sold it for this car.lol
Do you guys look out the rear alot? I just use my side mirrors mostly and glance out the rear once in awhile don't think I would even notice dirt.
Yes, I do look out the rear quite frequently as part of my scanning routine. With as much slope as the rear glass has on the Integra, I'm hoping it stays much cleaner than my previous hatches. Those had much more vertical rear glass and sucked in every bit of dirt they could, especially when driving in winter.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I use the rear mirror quite a bit because I like to coast when no car is following. I like to coast to improve the mpgs.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I use the rear mirror quite a bit because I like to coast when no car is following. I like to coast to improve the mpgs.
Keep it in sport mode for optimum fuel economy.. that's what I do