• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
I’ve Been looking at the integras too. I just can’t justify the price over the Civic ST honestly. I’m trying to hold out for the ITS but I really don’t want to spend that kind of money unless it’s really worth it. Hopefullly it is.
I'm more cross shopping with an used FK8 or FL5 CTR instead of Si. ITS is going to be in the price range/above CTR and way more than Si. If I find a good deal with the CTR I will probably jump on that vs wait for the ITS.

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
Good question.. I believe someone on here was offered 31k for trade-in a few months ago. I will have 20k+miles on mine by June so I'm hoping for high 20k trade-in.
What do you plan to do with all the mods added to the car when you trade in for a type s is it just a lost of money?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’ve Been looking at the integras too. I just can’t justify the price over the Civic ST honestly. I’m trying to hold out for the ITS but I really don’t want to spend that kind of money unless it’s really worth it. Hopefullly it is.
Make sure you test drive. I did and without the LSD, traction is an issue.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What do you plan to do with all the mods added to the car when you trade in for a type s is it just a lost of money?
Assuming you kept the stock parts, a lot of people would return the car to stock before trading it in. And then sell the mods to try to recover some of the investment.

Crux_03

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I cross shopped the Integra with the SI back in November when I was looking for a new car.

After doing a lot of research and going to see both cars (literally no one was letting me test drive an SI) there were a couple things that stood out to me that few people mention.

AMENITIES

[DISCLAIMER]: I live in the states so the SI for us is less enticing than our Canadian confreres.

Yes, under the hood they are the same car, but as a daily driver, here are the things that made me ultimately choose the Integra.

1. Price was the same after ADMs. I couldn’t find a dealer that was selling an SI under 38k USD

2. I hate cloth seats. I was able to sit in an SI and all the cloth was a turn off for me.

3. I LOVE the HUD. It includes navigation from CarPlay as well as speed and speed limit. I wouldn’t want to be without it.

4. ELS 3D sound system is AMAZING

5. Wireless Charging is perfect for wireless CarPlay. I don’t understand the value of having wireless CarPlay without a wireless charger.

6. Full digital cluster. The USA version of the SI has an ugly hybrid cluster.

7. You have OPTIONS when it comes to the interior color

8. Small thing, but I love the holder for my sunglasses. (I’m not entirely sure if the SI has one) I use it almost everyday.

9. Parking sensors

10. Heated seats

11. Auto Dimming Mirror

These are just a couple of things that I use everyday in my Integra that I wouldn’t want to give up anymore. I know there are a lot of my own preferences, but I just thought I’d share because few people have talked about how these differences affect daily driving experience.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
I cross shopped the Integra with the SI back in November when I was looking for a new car.

After doing a lot of research and going to see both cars (literally no one was letting me test drive an SI) there were a couple things that stood out to me that few people mention.

AMENITIES

[DISCLAIMER]: I live in the states so the SI for us is less enticing than our Canadian confreres.

Yes, under the hood they are the same car, but as a daily driver, here are the things that made me ultimately choose the Integra.

1. Price was the same after ADMs. I couldn’t find a dealer that was selling an SI under 38k USD

2. I hate cloth seats. I was able to sit in an SI and all the cloth was a turn off for me.

3. I LOVE the HUD. It includes navigation from CarPlay as well as speed and speed limit. I wouldn’t want to be without it.

4. ELS 3D sound system is AMAZING

5. Wireless Charging is perfect for wireless CarPlay. I don’t understand the value of having wireless CarPlay without a wireless charger.

6. Full digital cluster. The USA version of the SI has an ugly hybrid cluster.

7. You have OPTIONS when it comes to the interior color

8. Small thing, but I love the holder for my sunglasses. (I’m not entirely sure if the SI has one) I use it almost everyday.

9. Parking sensors

10. Heated seats

11. Auto Dimming Mirror

These are just a couple of things that I use everyday in my Integra that I wouldn’t want to give up anymore. I know there are a lot of my own preferences, but I just thought I’d share because few people have talked about how these differences affect daily driving experience.
Im between the Civic Hatchback ST and the Integra A-Spec Tech...I finally found a dealership that would sell at MSRP for the Civic Hatchback ST with a manual but its all the way in Ohio and after driving the Integra again today...I'm leaning toward Integra again....BUT I'm gonna hold off until the Type S comes out.

I really was hoping for a Type R with more creature comforts (like a sunroof, heated/ventilated seats etc) but I get the feeling the Type S isn't gonna have two of the three featues I'd want over a Type R (sunroof and ventilated seats) A sunroof is a MUST for me. I'm holding off to see exactly what Honda/Acura does with the car but after really DRIVING that Integra today (a White/Orchid 6MT model) I'd rather just spend the little extra and get the Integra.

If I had to pay the ADM there is no question which one I'd go with.

Anyway back to the Integra 6MT

The shifter was incredible, it felt more powerful and it was a little more fun than the ST. I'm in Maryland working and the only dealer that has a ST/6MT in stock wants like 6K over the sticker...6K over the sticker is the same price as an Integra. That makes no sense at all to me.

Acura needs to hurry up and reveal this thing so I can get another car. Im in a good position with my CX5 right now (I have a little bit of equity in it and will be selling it to Carvana this weekend) so I'm getting rid of it regardless. I travel for work so I have no need to rush because my job provides me with rentals while Im on work assignements. My other two Hondas have long been gone. I sold them both when the market was crazy last year.

Hurry the hell up Acura and reveal this thing! June cant get here fast enough! I LOVE my CX5 because it handles well and its a relatively fun SUV to drive but nothing beats a Honda stick shift...and the Integra has a really good one IMO.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Im between the Civic Hatchback ST and the Integra A-Spec Tech...I finally found a dealership that would sell at MSRP for the Civic Hatchback ST with a manual but its all the way in Ohio and after driving the Integra again today...I'm leaning toward Integra again....BUT I'm gonna hold off until the Type S comes out.

I really was hoping for a Type R with more creature comforts (like a sunroof, heated/ventilated seats etc) but I get the feeling the Type S isn't gonna have two of the three featues I'd want over a Type R (sunroof and ventilated seats) A sunroof is a MUST for me. I'm holding off to see exactly what Honda/Acura does with the car but after really DRIVING that Integra today (a White/Orchid 6MT model) I'd rather just spend the little extra and get the Integra.

If I had to pay the ADM there is no question which one I'd go with.

Anyway back to the Integra 6MT

The shifter was incredible, it felt more powerful and it was a little more fun than the ST. I'm in Maryland working and the only dealer that has a ST/6MT in stock wants like 6K over the sticker...6K over the sticker is the same price as an Integra. That makes no sense at all to me.

Acura needs to hurry up and reveal this thing so I can get another car. Im in a good position with my CX5 right now (I have a little bit of equity in it and will be selling it to Carvana this weekend) so I'm getting rid of it regardless. I travel for work so I have no need to rush because my job provides me with rentals while Im on work assignements. My other two Hondas have long been gone. I sold them both when the market was crazy last year.

Hurry the hell up Acura and reveal this thing! June cant get here fast enough! I LOVE my CX5 because it handles well and its a relatively fun SUV to drive but nothing beats a Honda stick shift...and the Integra has a really good one IMO.
Yep. I looked at the civc ST before the teggy came out and dealers were wanting 40k+. No regrets and would keep it longer but that Type S looks tasty.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea I don't understand dealers that are charging ADM for any Civics to be honest. If you could get a Integra at MSRP it's basically a no brainer for any buyer.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Yea I don't understand dealers that are charging ADM for any Civics to be honest. If you could get a Integra at MSRP it's basically a no brainer for any buyer.
Blame the buyers who play into their hands. I guess if someone wants a car bad enough they have to decide what they want to do with their money , but in the end they push the market higher for everyone. I’m not for more laws and I don’t wish for Congress to set limits , however I think they should have to post the price online instead of “call for price”.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
because they know the average buyer isn’t gonna look at an integra or even knows it exists and if you’ve dealt with dealers like I have they’ll lie and tell you that Acura is charging an ADM too.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
because they know the average buyer isn’t gonna look at an integra or even knows it exists and if you’ve dealt with dealers like I have they’ll lie and tell you that Acura is charging an ADM too.
i was going to get an integra at MSRP ... but then i got offered an Si at sticker so i jumped on it. i like the integra and it's the obvious choice if the Honda is over sticker and the Acura is MSRP... but the Honda does have the stuff i care about the most (motor, manual being #1 and #2). still hoping for an MSRP ITS ...

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
This is how I ended up with one because I refuse to pay any ADM.

Crux_03

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
i was going to get an integra at MSRP ... but then i got offered an Si at sticker so i jumped on it. i like the integra and it's the obvious choice if the Honda is over sticker and the Acura is MSRP... but the Honda does have the stuff i care about the most (motor, manual being #1 and #2). still hoping for an MSRP ITS ...
I completely understand that 8k is a BIG difference. Which is why an SI at sticker price is so enticing. If you can get an SI at sticker price it would be difficult to say no. But one of the posts above said it right in that Acura is much more likely to be selling there cars at MSRP than Honda even though they are the same company. I guess it pays (or doesn’t!) to have a North American version of a Japanese brand.

When it comes to the ITS, I can’t imagine that any ADMs would be similar to what we’ve seen with the CTR. The ADMs for the CTR is straight up highway robbery, no pun intended.

I agree that those who pay 75k for a CTR are ruining it for everyone else. I can’t believe that people are spending the same amount of money on a new CIVIC as a used Lamborghini Gallardo or Porsche, or any other supremely better car.

I think one of the reasons why the CTR has a bigger ADM is due to the fact that the USA has seen more integra sales in February alone (over 2,900) than CTRs that Honda has MANUFACTURED for the USA in the past 5 months.

At the same time, it’s important to remember that the Type R badge doesn’t exist on any other Honda vehicle while the Type S version of the Integra is joining FOUR other vehicles in the current Acura Type S line up. Thus, exclusivity was a big part of the CTRs jacked up price. I highly doubt that we will see anything like that for the ITS.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Why CTR has ridiculous ADM but ITS likely won’t:
  • It’s rare - they’re intentionally limiting numbers, to up the price and hype
  • It’s iconic - CTR has some history that ITS doesn’t
  • Type R > Type S, it’s more hard core track focused, more Type S models and they’re not so track focused
  • Acura brand is struggling in ways Honda isn’t, need to get as many people in the show room and on the brand as possible

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Why CTR has ridiculous ADM but ITS likely won’t:
  • It’s rare - they’re intentionally limiting numbers, to up the price and hype
  • It’s iconic - CTR has some history that ITS doesn’t
  • Type R > Type S, it’s more hard core track focused, more Type S models and they’re not so track focused
  • Acura brand is struggling in ways Honda isn’t, need to get as many people in the show room and on the brand as possible
I found an older TLX Type S Article mentioning that they would only produce 2000 units of the TypeS. Wonder how many of the integra will be produced.