• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
I just left an Acura dealership…the Integra I wanted got sold last night so that was a bummer. However my salesperson and the manager told me that the Type S will be revealed next month! No specific dates yet. I don’t think they are lying about it either.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
I just left an Acura dealership…the Integra I wanted got sold last night so that was a bummer. However my salesperson and the manager told me that the Type S will be revealed next month! No specific dates yet. I don’t think they are lying about it either.
I wonder who they need to talk to to get information like that? My dealer doesn't have any specific info about release or on-sale date.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
April kind of makes sense though
I wonder who they need to talk to to get information like that? My dealer doesn't have any specific info about release or on-sale date.
April makes sense for the debut...if it goes on sale in June. Typically we've seen Honda release a product (like say the Pilot or Accord) in the months of October or November and those cars be on sale by December or January/Feb.

First they will do a tesaser campaign...where we'll start to get little trickles of information. Might show a picture of the badging, or a picture of the fender flares or something....then

Month 1: Debut with spirnkling of specs, pictures, etc.

Month 2: Full Spec and an on sale date, more pictures.

Month 3: On sale, build your own on Honda/Acura website. Embargo ends and auto reviews begin.

Also, the NY autoshow is next month...Honda/Acura TYPICALLY have not been doing auto show press events lately but what they have been doing is having their own event around the time of the autoshows...the Integra debut comes to mind for that. In November 2021 I went to LA for the autoshow and the radwood event where they had the Integra Prototype.

We are getting closer :D

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree, April makes sense. My question really was, why are some dealers "in the know" and others "in the dark?" Seems strange.
Maybe its a regional rep type of thing. Not really sure. I just cant wait to see it...I also wonder if there will be multiple type S models

Like the MDX.

Crux_03

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I agree, April makes sense. My question really was, why are some dealers "in the know" and others "in the dark?" Seems strange.
This was the same with the Type R Forums. People were saying that their dealers were giving them information that was not corroborated by others. It turns out that it was because some dealers had friends in corporate who were feeding them info.

however, some info was just wrong.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I completely understand that 8k is a BIG difference. Which is why an SI at sticker price is so enticing. If you can get an SI at sticker price it would be difficult to say no. But one of the posts above said it right in that Acura is much more likely to be selling there cars at MSRP than Honda even though they are the same company. I guess it pays (or doesn’t!) to have a North American version of a Japanese brand.

When it comes to the ITS, I can’t imagine that any ADMs would be similar to what we’ve seen with the CTR. The ADMs for the CTR is straight up highway robbery, no pun intended.

I agree that those who pay 75k for a CTR are ruining it for everyone else. I can’t believe that people are spending the same amount of money on a new CIVIC as a used Lamborghini Gallardo or Porsche, or any other supremely better car.

I think one of the reasons why the CTR has a bigger ADM is due to the fact that the USA has seen more integra sales in February alone (over 2,900) than CTRs that Honda has MANUFACTURED for the USA in the past 5 months.

At the same time, it’s important to remember that the Type R badge doesn’t exist on any other Honda vehicle while the Type S version of the Integra is joining FOUR other vehicles in the current Acura Type S line up. Thus, exclusivity was a big part of the CTRs jacked up price. I highly doubt that we will see anything like that for the ITS.

great points ... hoping you're right about the ITS and i hope it gets plenty supply to meet the demand. still eager to see the rest of the details. crossing fingers for some good news !

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
great points ... hoping you're right about the ITS and i hope it gets plenty supply to meet the demand. still eager to see the rest of the details. crossing fingers for some good news !
The ads that Acura has been making for the Integra also really suggest that they're trying to position Acura as a youthful enthusiast brand, and the best way to completely ruin that positioning is limit ITS production enough that young people can't get their hands on them or can't afford the markups.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Maybe its a regional rep type of thing. Not really sure. I just cant wait to see it...I also wonder if there will be multiple type S models

Like the MDX.
There are multiple MDX type S models?

Just for fun I did a search for TLX Type-S available for sale nationwide, it shows 660+. The same search for '23 Type R shows 99... Hopefully this is a good indication about the ITS availability in the future.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are multiple MDX type S models?

Just for fun I did a search for TLX Type-S available for sale, it shows 660+. The same search for '23 Type R shows 99... Hopefully this is a good indication about the ITS availability in the future.
Yep a Type S around 67k and a Type S Advanced for around 73k.

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
Im between the Civic Hatchback ST and the Integra A-Spec Tech...I finally found a dealership that would sell at MSRP for the Civic Hatchback ST with a manual but its all the way in Ohio and after driving the Integra again today...I'm leaning toward Integra again....BUT I'm gonna hold off until the Type S comes out.

I really was hoping for a Type R with more creature comforts (like a sunroof, heated/ventilated seats etc) but I get the feeling the Type S isn't gonna have two of the three featues I'd want over a Type R (sunroof and ventilated seats) A sunroof is a MUST for me. I'm holding off to see exactly what Honda/Acura does with the car but after really DRIVING that Integra today (a White/Orchid 6MT model) I'd rather just spend the little extra and get the Integra.

If I had to pay the ADM there is no question which one I'd go with.

Anyway back to the Integra 6MT

The shifter was incredible, it felt more powerful and it was a little more fun than the ST. I'm in Maryland working and the only dealer that has a ST/6MT in stock wants like 6K over the sticker...6K over the sticker is the same price as an Integra. That makes no sense at all to me.

Acura needs to hurry up and reveal this thing so I can get another car. Im in a good position with my CX5 right now (I have a little bit of equity in it and will be selling it to Carvana this weekend) so I'm getting rid of it regardless. I travel for work so I have no need to rush because my job provides me with rentals while Im on work assignements. My other two Hondas have long been gone. I sold them both when the market was crazy last year.

Hurry the hell up Acura and reveal this thing! June cant get here fast enough! I LOVE my CX5 because it handles well and its a relatively fun SUV to drive but nothing beats a Honda stick shift...and the Integra has a really good one IMO.
I too have been shopping these two cars. I drove a Civic Hatch ST 6MT and I liked it enough to seriously consider it. I then drove an Integra A-Spec Tech CVT (no unsold 6MT on the lot). I immediately was sold on the Integra over the Civic, noticeable difference in power, even with the CVT, the NVH and sound system are better, the HUD is a nice feature for DD, and although subjective, the Integra looks better too.

There are a few things that could be a deal maker or breaker for many. The Civic back seats have plenty of head space and the hatch has more usable space. The Integra lacks rear seat head space, I'm 5'8" and I can't even sit up straight without head pressed into the roof, I told the sales consultant, around 6' and he comically couldn't even begin to fit in the back seat, he had to bend his head completely forward and slouch down, he was surprised that I was even still interested in the car at that point. The other is the LSD, especially on wet, snow, ice, or spirited driving, the Civic Hatch lacking an LSD is simply a no go for me, which is too bad being it is the more practical car.

At the end of the day, I ordered in a black on black Integra 6MT to arrive in April.

There is only one other car I'm considering and have a reservation on at MSRP and would probably prefer from a fun and residual value standpoint and that is the GR Corolla. Fairly opposite from the refinement standpoint, but I'm ok with that. Size is a bit of a downside, but livable and an adult can sit in the back, I have been in one, but not able to drive one. Problem is getting one, I'm likely looking at late 2023 early 2024 until one comes in meeting my specs given my place in line. I'm not really interested in the Civic R or Integra S, too much money for a FWD car in my opinion and I'm not interested in spending that much either, I suspect for public road performance that an Integra 6MT with a tune is probably pretty close and more livable, I never intend to drive on track.

FWIW, you are in MD, might be a lot closer, come up to Bobby Rahal Honda/Acura in Mechanicsburg, PA, DM me, I can put you with my sales consultant, he's great, MSRP or better: no ADM ever on any of their vehicles, and if they don't have it, they'll get what you want in. The white Civic Hatch ST 6MT I drove is sold, but I think they have a blue/grey Civic Hatch ST 6MT coming in/or in if it isn't already sold.

Last edited:

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
There is only one other car I'm considering and have a reservation on at MSRP and would probably prefer from a fun and residual value standpoint and that is the GR Corolla. Fairly opposite from the refinement standpoint, but I'm ok with that. Size is a bit of a downside, but livable and an adult can sit in the back, I have been in one, but not able to drive one. Problem is getting one, I'm likely looking at late 2023 early 2024 until one comes in meeting my specs given my place in line. I'm not really interested in the Civic R or Integra S, too much money for a FWD car in my opinion and I'm not interested in spending that much either, I suspect for public road performance that an Integra 6MT with a tune is probably pretty close and more livable, I never intend to drive on track.
I too was considering the GR Corolla. I actually have a reservation on a GR Corolla Circuit Edition (Ice Cap) at MSRP. However, with the current production estimates, the best case scenario, each dealer will only receive 5 GR Corolla's per year. My dealer already has more than 10 reservations and I'm not on the top of the list. The Circuit & Morizo Editions are even more limited and some dealers won't even get these models.

I was already considering the Integra A-Spec 6MT (even before the GR Corolla) and with Acura announcing the Type S....I'm all in! It took me some time but, I found an MSRP dealer and I have a Type S reserved.

Mike

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
GR rolla looks like a cheap rental car inside, noway I would wanna be stuck traffic daily in that thing.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
So, that's the other reason why I'm going with the Type S. ;)

In all seriousness, my criteria for this car purchase is manual transmission, 4 doors, acceptable fuel economy and fun to drive.

I've considered the Integra A-Spec, GR Corolla, Integra Type S and the CT4-V Blackwing. The CT4-V Blackwing has a few negatives; fuel economy, RWD (normally a benefit but, not for a DD in the PNW) and price (the lady said NO, lol). The GR Corolla has a few negatives; interior quality, dealer allocation/availability and overall value ($45K for a Corolla, pretty ridiculous). The Integra A-Spec 6MT is virtually perfect for my needs and really doesn't have any negatives (and has an optional 'heating steering wheel' accessory which I'm hoping I can add to the Type S). If I had to choose something I don't like about the A-Spec 6MT, it would be the limited HP. The Integra Type-S literally has everything I'm looking for in my next vehicle.

The Integra Type S will be my first Acura vehicle and shockingly, if memory serves me correctly, I've only owned one Honda (excluding sport bikes & recreational vehicles)...a 2006 S2000.

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
^^^^
So, that's the other reason why I'm going with the Type S. ;)

In all seriousness, my criteria for this car purchase is manual transmission, 4 doors, acceptable fuel economy and fun to drive.

I've considered the Integra A-Spec, GR Corolla, Integra Type S and the CT4-V Blackwing. The CT4-V Blackwing has a few negatives; fuel economy, RWD (normally a benefit but, not for a DD in the PNW) and price (the lady said NO, lol). The GR Corolla has a few negatives; interior quality, dealer allocation/availability and overall value ($45K for a Corolla, pretty ridiculous). The Integra A-Spec 6MT is virtually perfect for my needs and really doesn't have any negatives (and has an optional 'heating steering wheel' accessory which I'm hoping I can add to the Type S). If I had to choose something I don't like about the A-Spec 6MT, it would be the limited HP. The Integra Type-S literally has everything I'm looking for in my next vehicle.

The Integra Type S will be my first Acura vehicle and shockingly, if memory serves me correctly, I've only owned one Honda (excluding sport bikes & recreational vehicles)...a 2006 S2000.

Mike
Haha. Same here this teggy is my first Honda car. Had a CBR in the past.