• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
pretty dead around here, it seems. granted, not surprising since there's very little info, but i expected a little more buzz due to the recent Daytona sighting.

I went and put a deposit down on a car today. Interested to see the price and color options. I've had about 30 cars, probably more... and almost always do some version of white, black, gray, silver so not super worried about it but would entertain a blue or green.

wheels look promising. i like the subdued looks compared to the CTR. i also prefer the 3 exhaust exits being the same size vs the CTR. interior likely less red which a huge plus for my wife. i expect it to have a good sound system like the base integra. i hope the seats aren't TOO subdued... i'd like something as close to the CTR seats as possible. my GT4 has carbon buckets and I don't mind dailying them. definitely make the experience more memorable when driving it, too. power should be really close to CTR = adequate. shifter should be great. i hope there's an option to delete the sunroof.... more space for a helmet during occasional track days. finally price.. integra is $37k; Si is $28.5 CTR is $43k so puts Integra Type S ~ $51.5k? probably pretty close, you think? getting close to TLX type S ($56) but still slots below it, and also aimed at different markets.

biggest thing i'd cross shop is a CTR.

any thoughts?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
There is already a thread with most of this but I'll chime in.
Well so far it looks like no sunroof based on what was at Daytona. I'm sticking with liquid carbon,red interior unless they release Long Beach blue. Apex blue looks purple. With the TLX Type S at 55k I'm assuming the integra will be under 50 maybe 47k?
I hope the seats are better. My Aspec seats have very little padding and if you press on the bottom cushion you can feel the steel bar under it, maybe 1" of padding. Also vented/cooled seats would be amazing.
I'm wanting the exhaust to have more sound to it. Ctr exhaust is silent
I'm always up for more speakers . Maybe the ELS Signature

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
Everything I have heard about the Type-S so far sounds completely suitable for my needs. I have not had a new car in 15 years, and I am really looking forward to this one. My only real hope is that it might be available in a deep green or purple.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
There is already a thread with most of this but I'll chime in.
Well so far it looks like no sunroof based on what was at Daytona. I'm sticking with liquid carbon,red interior unless they release Long Beach blue. Apex blue looks purple. With the TLX Type S at 55k I'm assuming the integra will be under 50 maybe 47k?
I hope the seats are better. My Aspec seats have very little padding and if you press on the bottom cushion you can feel the steel bar under it, maybe 1" of padding. Also vented/cooled seats would be amazing.
I'm wanting the exhaust to have more sound to it. Ctr exhaust is silent
I'm always up for more speakers . Maybe the ELS Signature
i did see parts here and there .. it seems like a lot of speculation though .. thanks for humoring me and posting your response!

do you think the interior options will be similar to the ASpec? I haven't seen any speculation or reports on this ... I like my seats in my Si and i'm disappointed to hear that the Aspec seats are so flimsy.... seats are a big deal to me so i hope they are a nice sporty and comfortable execution.

I hope you're right about the price ... it seems like going over $50k may lose some of their target audience (people who want to act like a hoonigan, but don't want to look like one [i.e. CTR]). also going over $50k starts to creep into territory for other cars TLX Type S, Audi S4/S5, M340i...) If you want a fun, smallish car that is family friendly and comes in a MANUAL that you can take it to autocross/track ... the CTR/TypeS is still the best car until you make it all the way to M3 prices, imo. I just don't know how many people are trying to satisfy all of those criteria.

excited to see some more info about the car ... !

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Everything I have heard about the Type-S so far sounds completely suitable for my needs. I have not had a new car in 15 years, and I am really looking forward to this one. My only real hope is that it might be available in a deep green or purple.
purple! i haven't seen too many purples .. some Porsche paint to sample stuff, BMW, maybe Dodge? a deep green would look great. I like Sonoma green on an Audi RS5 ... I would definitely consider it.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
purple! i haven't seen too many purples .. some Porsche paint to sample stuff, BMW, maybe Dodge? a deep green would look great. I like Sonoma green on an Audi RS5 ... I would definitely consider it.
As far as purple, the Dodge and M240i come to mind.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
As far as purple, the Dodge and M240i come to mind.
the m240i is really nice — I probably couldn’t pull it off (or get approval from my wife) butI’d support it verbally.

the salesman where I put in my order said he expected people to be able to order cars to their specs. I think with the CTR (and integra a spec?)dealerships “get what they get” and the buyer can either take it or pass. It would be nice to choose the (likely very limited) options!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the m240i is really nice — I probably couldn’t pull it off (or get approval from my wife) butI’d support it verbally.

the salesman where I put in my order said he expected people to be able to order cars to their specs. I think with the CTR (and integra a spec?)dealerships “get what they get” and the buyer can either take it or pass. It would be nice to choose the (likely very limited) options!
Wife has already approved green or purple. She's had 4 new cars since I last had mine (growing family). She is just happy for me to get a new car. 😂

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If you want purple get a apex blue. I had a loaner apex blue and everyone at work thought it was purple and joked about it.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
How is that different from what is happening here?
I suppose the differenceis that this is my collection of thoughts opposed to thoughts by others dispersed throughout other threads. :headbang::D

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
My thoughts are this car will be priced right at 47k and typical options will bring it to 50. I wish they would release some more information. Im wondering if the summer release means deliveries or if we will not see any reveal til summer , then with production starting after that no one gets a car until winter. My hope is a big reveal soon and orders start arriving this summer.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My thoughts are this car will be priced right at 47k and typical options will bring it to 50. I wish they would release some more information. Im wondering if the summer release means deliveries or if we will not see any reveal til summer , then with production starting after that no one gets a car until winter. My hope is a big reveal soon and orders start arriving this summer.
For the CTR, I remember Honda's revealing the prototype at Mid Ohio July 4th weekend, followed by the official online reveal on July 20th. We could see the ITS in her birthday suit very soon. CTR specs came out end of August 2022, and pricing was revealed just before Halloween for Winter deliveries. ITS deliveries in winter would be depressing and unlikely I suspect. I'm thinking, being about 6 months ahead of the CTR, ITS reveal Feb/Mar, with specs/pricing/ordering starting around April/May for mid to late summer deliveries...

....hopefully purple or green deliveries.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
This should go quick since they allowed journalists to drive and provide initial reviews already. This is way ahead of type r which occurred after they were at dealers.

Betting a NYC autoshow reveal with June acutal availability at dealers. An old rumor floated around from 2 sources that pointed to June availability...