• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apex VS5-RS wheels, not a good fit for Michelin PS4S tires???

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Couple pics to tide you over. Definitely a bit more meaty looking. I’ll post better pics once I can get the car cleaned up. 4 days in and air pressure is good. Also after day one I dropped pressure back to 36 front, 34 rear.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Sexy, look real nice That fitment and little more meat gives it a much fulle motor sport look. Love it.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Sexy, look real nice That fitment and little more meat gives it a much fulle motor sport look. Love it.
Thanks!

I'm definitely happy to have 19's. Just a bit bummed that there's not a lot of tire choices in this size. Conti's or PS4S basically the same level of tire so I guess it doesn't matter. I was thinking about sport cup 2's when the PS4S wore out, but not anymore! I suspect 265 x 35 would fit with the drop as well, worst case.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks!

I'm definitely happy to have 19's. Just a bit bummed that there's not a lot of tire choices in this size. Conti's or PS4S basically the same level of tire so I guess it doesn't matter. I was thinking about sport cup 2's when the PS4S wore out, but not anymore! I suspect 265 x 35 would fit with the drop as well, worst case.
Yes I was thinking about the cup 2s I would like some more grip and I life south enough so they’ve great.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ahh and I keep looking at the organized shelves, what’s on them and of course the car. I’m gonna guess you’re 43? 😝

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ahh and I keep looking at the organized shelves, what’s on them and of course the car. I’m gonna guess you’re 43? 😝
Ha, all those boxes are brake pads!

Mole pellets, Tennis balls, full size spare! LOL.

52 actually!

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ha, all those boxes are brake pads!

Mole pellets, Tennis balls, full size spare! LOL.

52 actually!
52 , no kidding. Feeling younger everyday behind the wheel in the ITS, I know I do. Love the fitment with those wheels and tires.

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
I did reach out to apex on this very subject, I’m not sure what they can do other then put a disclaimer on their website for Michelins, truthfully, this whole thing has ruined my experience with the wheels and I really have buyers remorse, I will update when they reach out to me.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I did reach out to apex on this very subject, I’m not sure what they can do other then put a disclaimer on their website for Michelins, truthfully, this whole thing has ruined my experience with the wheels and I really have buyers remorse, I will update when they reach out to me.
I would be constantly wondering in the back of my head “when will they lose pressure” that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the drive.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I know what you mean. Total bummer. Now that I have the Conti's on there, I'm just trying to forget about the whole thing. 9 days in and holding air just fine now.
My buddy has these same wheels on his Camaro, with 100 TW tires and he just threw them on the car and beat the crap out of it at VIR, no issue. I'm sure more success stories than not, but how is this even possible?!?! Michelin's?!?! LOL.

Oh well, such is life.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I’m no tire mechanic, but I’ve wondered if it depends on the tech and the equipment they use symbiotically to achieve a proper seating of the bead. So far so good here and I’ve pushed the car quite hard recently. Temps are climbing into the 70’s now so hopefully all will be good until October.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I’m no tire mechanic, but I’ve wondered if it depends on the tech and the equipment they use symbiotically to achieve a proper seating of the bead. So far so good here and I’ve pushed the car quite hard recently. Temps are climbing into the 70’s now so hopefully all will be good until October.

I agree with you, given Michelins relatively small bead area, they go in their and bend the F out of it getting it on, and it may take some time and some heat to fully return to it's normal shape. Extra air pressure may help this scenario.

My experience was after airing up higher, and leaving it for a couple days, coupled with stable ambient temps, the Michelin's were holding.

Perhaps if I had been more patient it all would have been ok.

seems like some of the other reported issues resolved for folks eventually as well, especially with remounts, spinning the tire on the wheel, etc.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I agree with you, given Michelins relatively small bead area, they go in their and bend the F out of it getting it on, and it may take some time and some heat to fully return to it's normal shape. Extra air pressure may help this scenario.

My experience was after airing up higher, and leaving it for a couple days, coupled with stable ambient temps, the Michelin's were holding.

Perhaps if I had been more patient it all would have been ok.

seems like some of the other reported issues resolved for folks eventually as well, especially with remounts, spinning the tire on the wheel, etc.
Think I’ll try out the Conti’s after wearing these out still 😄 I was almost starting to wonder if they stretch the tire too much over the wheel if it causes the seating issue. 🤷🏽‍♂️

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
Got an email from Dan at apex, nice dude, super in-depth, trying to figure out resolutions for the wheel issue, he said apex is in the process of revising the knurling on the sprint line, we have not come up with a solution to my issue yet as I do not plan on going to a different brand of tires (purchased tire warranty through Acura) so I plan on staying on the PS4S for the time being, he did say they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right and they thrive on customer satisfaction so hopefully we can put our heads together and get something figured out.

Overall, would 100% do business with Apex again, if you're on the fence about the wheels just reach out to their customer service department, I am sure they would be glad to help you out and answer any questions you might have.

Will update again after I speak to Dan.