• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluey - 24' Acura Integra A-Spec Tech - Apex Blue Pearl

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
This will be the build journal for my 24 Acura Integra.

Overall, my goal is to achieve an OEM+ appearance.

MODS -

Installed:
  1. Integra Door Visors
  2. Integra Splash Guards
  3. Tuxmats - Front and Rear
  4. Tint - Ceramic 30% all the way around
  5. Thermal R&D - Front back exhaust
  6. K&N drop in air filter
  7. K&N cabin air filter

Future:
  1. Obsessed Garage License Plate Frame - Black
  2. TSP Downpipe
  3. Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
  4. Konig FreeForm 18x8.5 + 43 Matte Silver (Discontinued by Konig)
  5. Konig Heliogram 5x114.3 18x8.5 +42 Titanium Silver
  6. Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 245/40r18
  7. PRL Intercooler - Black

Maybe:
  1. Phearable Tune

Background -

This is my 5th Hatchback and overall many vehicles later over the past 16 years.
Previous Hatchbacks:

Hyundai Veloster
12' Ford Focus
15' VW Golf GTI Mk7 - EQT Tuned, Built Motor (RIP)
22' Kia Stinger GT1
24' Acura Integra

I have also owned a 2001 Ford Mustang, Kia Sportage, 10' Toyota Tacoma Sport, 12' Nissan Altima.
I have been all over the place with vehicles.
The Acura Integra reminds me a lot of the VW GTI, which I miss dearly. Bluey is a joke with my wife as I couldn't think of a name to fit the Acura.

20231015_152522.jpg

20231015_152505.jpg

20231015_152538.jpg

20231016_050600.jpg

Last edited:

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Blue is a hard color to name. I struggled with mine for a while and then landed on Cookie Monster.

OP
OP
5thHatchback

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thermal R&D Front Pipe Back Exhaust:

20231021_124014.jpg

20231021_124053.jpg

K&N Drop in and Cabin Air filters:

20231021_075215.jpg

Oem Splash Guards and Window Deflectors:

20231021_082635.jpg

Still working towards the oem+ look.

Thermal R&D: Took the advice and watched videos of other forum members. The exhaust is almost perfect. I wish it was a bit louder. It has a great tone and doesn't drone. Cannot be too upset. Install was incredibly easy, I just took my time. Did it solo in about 1.5hrs.

Splash guards:
The splash guards were mind boggling to install. Basically I was missing oem location inner fender liner screws. The dealership apparently took off the ones that were on it previously as I cannot think of another reason why. The metal connectors for the rear didnt make sense at first. You just have to poke a hole through the inner fender liner and use tool of choice to clamp down the metal tabs. Then it is straightforward.

Window deflectors:

Fairly simple install. Open door, pull down rubber seal, wipe down surface with alcohol and line up on door frame. Only had one issue with push pins on the driver side. I decided to pull them back out and re attempt install and they clicked in like they were supposed too.

K&N Filters:

Open glovebox or hood and basically slide into place. Honestly, no noticeable difference.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Thermal R&D Front Pipe Back Exhaust:

20231021_124014.jpg

20231021_124053.jpg

K&N Drop in and Cabin Air filters:

20231021_075215.jpg

Oem Splash Guards and Window Deflectors:

20231021_082635.jpg

Still working towards the oem+ look.

Thermal R&D: Took the advice and watched videos of other forum members. The exhaust is almost perfect. I wish it was a bit louder. It has a great tone and doesn't drone. Cannot be too upset. Install was incredibly easy, I just took my time. Did it solo in about 1.5hrs.

Splash guards:
The splash guards were mind boggling to install. Basically I was missing oem location inner fender liner screws. The dealership apparently took off the ones that were on it previously as I cannot think of another reason why. The metal connectors for the rear didnt make sense at first. You just have to poke a hole through the inner fender liner and use tool of choice to clamp down the metal tabs. Then it is straightforward.

Window deflectors:

Fairly simple install. Open door, pull down rubber seal, wipe down surface with alcohol and line up on door frame. Only had one issue with push pins on the driver side. I decided to pull them back out and re attempt install and they clicked in like they were supposed too.

K&N Filters:

Open glovebox or hood and basically slide into place. Honestly, no noticeable difference.
Nice! Would you mind sharing links to the k&n filters you used for both engine and cabin? And/or part numbers 🤙

OP
OP
5thHatchback

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! Would you mind sharing links to the k&n filters you used for both engine and cabin? And/or part numbers 🤙
K&N Engine Air Filter: Part Number, 33-5120

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5FKKQML?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

K&N In Cabin Air Filter: Part Number, VF2086

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJ9Z3FG8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Hope that helps. I was looking for something that would be easy to maintain and not cheap filters. So, the logical route for me was K&N. I said I didn't notice a difference but I do not think that is the point of the filters. They are lifetime filters are more efficient and just work.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech

Hope that helps. I was looking for something that would be easy to maintain and not cheap filters. So, the logical route for me was K&N. I said I didn't notice a difference but I do not think that is the point of the filters. They are lifetime filters are more efficient and just work.
Thanks for providing man 🤙 I just ordered a new cabin filter; a charcoal activated one from Amazon, but ideally had wanted k&n but couldn’t locate one.
Have you used them in your previous vehicles? How easy was the maintenance of them in your opinion?

OP
OP
5thHatchback

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for providing man 🤙 I just ordered a new cabin filter; a charcoal activated one from Amazon, but ideally had wanted k&n but couldn’t locate one.
Have you used them in your previous vehicles? How easy was the maintenance of them in your opinion?
I've used the drop in filters for the air intake but this is my first time using the K&N cabin air filter. I like the idea that it is easily washable and can blow out and tap any debri from the filter. Makes life a bit easier than remembering 60k miles from now which filter to get or mess with. It is piece of mind for me that I don't have to worry about it again. I try to get the simple things dialed in.

The air filter is straight forward. You take it out and clean it with an oil filter kit from K&N. Other than that you do not ever have to worry about it.

OP
OP
5thHatchback

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Small update to be followed by a forum post:

Wanted to post a little teaser. Something special is on the way for the Integra. Recieved confirmation today, for the part I have been most excited to get installed.

Integra Downpipe.jpg

Last edited:

nigel36r

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra A spec

how do you wash them? Just run them under hot water?

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
got any sound clips of the thermal exhaust with the CVT? I want to get this one and was worried it would sound like a moped