• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apex VS5-RS wheels, not a good fit for Michelin PS4S tires???

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
So far so good here, but skeptical about pushing the car in turns now.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I hear you. It seems like pressure is the big thing here. Both times I lost air was when we had a significant cooling in ambient temps. So let's say I was at 35 psi, but then weather changed drastically in a short period, pressure drops to 32 psi and that's the critical point where the seating got a bit loose, causing further air drop. I bet if you keep pressure at 35 psi it woun't unseat and start leaking.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I hear you. It seems like pressure is the big thing here. Both times I lost air was when we had a significant cooling in ambient temps. So let's say I was at 35 psi, but then weather changed drastically in a short period, pressure drops to 32 psi and that's the critical point where the seating got a bit loose, causing further air drop. I bet if you keep pressure at 35 psi it woun't unseat and start leaking.
We dropped to 26Ā° last night so I parked down in the shop & had the heater on just in case. Iā€™ll continue to do that overnight until we finally get to warmer overnight temps. Iā€™ve been wanting a second set of wheels just to be able to quickly swap street/track & summer/winter especially being in a rural area, it really is a time suck. But also donā€™t really want to spend the money now since Iā€™ve done a lot of that lately lol Maybe Iā€™ll find a decent used set around here but itā€™s slim pickings for sure.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I did a full day Auto-X school this weekend on the stock tires on the Apexes. Started off at 38/35 cold, warmed up to around 41/38 when I was checking them. I was working the fronts HARD, 10 straight runs with only a couple minutes cool down between laps. Everything seems fine till I got home and somehow my fronts were down to 34 PSI. Nothing concerning, just really odd, never seen that happen. I took everything back to stock (35/33) and it's held there since. Not sure if maybe I lost seal there for a bit, or what. Good news is nothing serious happened, but will keep an eye on it, thankfully we have TPMS.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I did a full day Auto-X school this weekend on the stock tires on the Apexes. Started off at 38/35 cold, warmed up to around 41/38 when I was checking them. I was working the fronts HARD, 10 straight runs with only a couple minutes cool down between laps. Everything seems fine till I got home and somehow my fronts were down to 34 PSI. Nothing concerning, just really odd, never seen that happen. I took everything back to stock (35/33) and it's held there since. Not sure if maybe I lost seal there for a bit, or what. Good news is nothing serious happened, but will keep an eye on it, thankfully we have TPMS.
Great news!! Glad it held up. Canā€™t wait to get out there.

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
All these stores suck to hear. I really wanted to order a set of brushed clear. Now I have no idea what wheels to getā€¦.. no idea this was even a thing this day and age.
They are still great wheels, just wouldn't recommend using the stock Michelin's on them.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
They are still great wheels, just wouldn't recommend using the stock Michelin's on them.
just knowing a highly known brand isnā€™t recommended sucks just because not many tire options in stock size. 3/19 apex launches a new wheel maybe that one will be for Michelins šŸ¤Ŗ.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
just knowing a highly known brand isnā€™t recommended sucks just because not many tire options in stock size. 3/19 apex launches a new wheel maybe that one will be for Michelins šŸ¤Ŗ

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
just knowing a highly known brand isnā€™t recommended sucks just because not many tire options in stock size. 3/19 apex launches a new wheel maybe that one will be for Michelins šŸ¤Ŗ
Agreed. I doubt their will be improvements in the design if they still use that knurling. Maybe some of their lower end wheels would be better. Like their flow formed ones or whatever.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So, happy to report so far so good with the Continental Extreme Contact tires. I went with 275 x30.

Also happy to report the 275 width, with the +45 offset appears to be a good fit with the car dropped on Eiback pro kit springs. I definitely do not think anything wider would work with the drop though. I guess if you could increase the offset slightly, like maybe +50 or so, you may be able to squeeze more in there. If you want more aggressive wheel tire combo than what I have, best not to drop the car. I'm very close on the rear, and honestly not 100% sure if the tire is able to touch the inner fender ligning on the rear. Fortunately it's that soft mouse fur liner in the wheel well.

Of course I am on 19 x 9.5 wheels as well.

Air pressure seems to be stable. bead seat is super tight. (so far) Not sure if this is good or not but the guy had 100 psi in there to get the bead seated. Way higher than what the Michelin 265 x 30 tires required.

I'll post up some pics once I cna get the car washed.

Oh, I also gained 3mm in sidewall height with the 275 x 30 vs. 265 x 30 tire. so far speedometer seems to match GPS speed, although I haven't had it out on the highway at 80 mph yet, so it's probably going to be a bit off at Highway speeds. maybe 1 mph or so?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
So, happy to report so far so good with the Continental Extreme Contact tires. I went with 275 x30.

Also happy to report the 275 width, with the +45 offset appears to be a good fit with the car dropped on Eiback pro kit springs. I definitely do not think anything wider would work with the drop though. I guess if you could increase the offset slightly, like maybe +50 or so, you may be able to squeeze more in there. If you want more aggressive wheel tire combo than what I have, best not to drop the car. I'm very close on the rear, and honestly not 100% sure if the tire is able to touch the inner fender ligning on the rear. Fortunately it's that soft mouse fur liner in the wheel well.

Of course I am on 19 x 9.5 wheels as well.

Air pressure seems to be stable. bead seat is super tight. (so far) Not sure if this is good or not but the guy had 100 psi in there to get the bead seated. Way higher than what the Michelin 265 x 30 tires required.

I'll post up some pics once I cna get the car washed.

Oh, I also gained 3mm in sidewall height with the 275 x 30 vs. 265 x 30 tire. so far speedometer seems to match GPS speed, although I haven't had it out on the highway at 80 mph yet, so it's probably going to be a bit off at Highway speeds. maybe 1 mph or so?
Fortunately Iā€™ve had no faults yet, but wasnā€™t even aware of the Conti ECS 02 until just now - is that what you decided to go with or the DWS06+? I just removed the DWS06+ but kinda wish I had known about these summer Contiā€™s sooner. Lol! I havenā€™t pulled up online to read about tomorrow.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fortunately Iā€™ve had no faults yet, but wasnā€™t even aware of the Conti ECS 02 until just now - is that what you decided to go with or the DWS06+? I just removed the DWS06+ but kinda wish I had known about these summer Contiā€™s sooner. Lol! I havenā€™t pulled up online to read about tomorrow.
This ECS 02 looks wild ! Side wall and tread look aggressive

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, it's the ECS 02. Tire Rack's testing had them slighly better than PS4S on Braking and maybe something else, like wet weather, on track. They are also 340 treadwear. Because I did the 19" rims, and I wanted 275's, and I'm dropped, and I wanted to stay away from Michelins, choices were super slim.

I suspect they will be about the same as the PS4S overall. Since I only track a few days a year, I just can't justify dedicated wheels/tires just for track, and I drive the ITS daily, this was the best category tire for me to have.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yes, it's the ECS 02. Tire Rack's testing had them slighly better than PS4S on Braking and maybe something else, like wet weather, on track. They are also 340 treadwear. Because I did the 19" rims, and I wanted 275's, and I'm dropped, and I wanted to stay away from Michelins, choices were super slim.

I suspect they will be about the same as the PS4S overall. Since I only track a few days a year, I just can't justify dedicated wheels/tires just for track, and I drive the ITS daily, this was the best category tire for me to have.
Same here. If I had known about this tire, I would have tried them out also even though they are extremely close in performance. Some other vehicle forums appear to still like the Michelin more but we know it is a marginal difference if anything. I very much want to try the Potenza. I donā€™t want to buy another set of wheels for that at all, but if I can find a local cheap used set that fits the bill, I will probably do that since I canā€™t mount my own tires. šŸ˜† but first, Turbo!

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I need some close up wheel tire pics with that set up want to see those side walls ! Sounds like that might be the way to go if the wheels ever get out of the back order window.