• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shift knobs anyone?

OP
OP
providenceleaf
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I swapped in my 9th Gen Civic SI knob. That knob in my mind is near perfection. Ball shaped, not too big or small, red engraved shift pattern and a leather collar with red stitching makes it usable even in the dead of summer or winter * with a little extra finesse.

I have a picture of it installed with the center console wrap in another thread:
https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/do-you-have-a-car-totem.52000/

Also, it's not the same as the 11th gen. They made the latest version much more bulbous, looks weird to me.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Acuity Poco Insulated. It sits lower on the shifter so you end up with shorter throws, which is a good thing IMO.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Last edited:

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Shift knobs anyone? I believe my quest for the perfect shift knob is over. I have issues 🤣. I wanted to share all the different knobs I tried.

Ultimately I’m going with the MUGEN ball. The color really goes well with the interior. I had the Skunk2 knob on for the last few weeks. I like that too. I was a little torn but I finally am going with MUGEN and keeping the Skunk2 as a spare to possibly change it up in the future. I also changed the boot collar to a HybridRacing one. It’s a little more substantial than stock.

The other shift knobs I tried were the OEM brushed, DREAM stainless ball (this one was a favorite too), Acuity POCO ball in white.

I sold the OEM brushed and DREAM shift knobs so thanks for all the interest.

Lots of pics. Let me know what you think!

IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7296.jpeg

IMG_7293.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

IMG_7292.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg

IMG_7278.jpeg
Nice , I like the mugen one best. I was looking at the carbon version of it for my type s. I cannot decide though if I like a heavier knob or one with next to no weight . When I had my S2000 I ran the spoon knob that weighed almost nothing , it was developed that weigh to feel the shifting more and the gear box when you shift , now I don’t know if I like one like that or a weighted .

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Kingsmotorsport should be legit. Only authorized dealer in US to sell Mugen parts.
King Motorsports is definitely legit. They specialize in Honda/Acura and are frequently featured in the Savagegeese videos. King did the dyno testing of the ITS and CTR in the Savagegeese review of the ITS.

Duke55

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-SPEC
I am looking to try a different knob but am afraid I might wreck something whem removing the original one. Can you advise how to safely remove the old one without damaging something in the process?

OP
OP
providenceleaf
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I am looking to try a different knob but am afraid I might wreck something whem removing the original one. Can you advise how to safely remove the old one without damaging something in the process?
Skip to 9:17 for the shift knob install. It’s pretty easy. You just need a flat head screwdriver and an adjustable wrench.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
No it isn't actually. They are different in that area
Gotcha - that's what I thought I read somewhere as well.

Thanks - I'm pretty content with the boot as it is right now anyway.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Gotcha - that's what I thought I read somewhere as well.

Thanks - I'm pretty content with the boot as it is right now anyway.
It’s a nice boot! Usually people are wanting to swap the other way around and get one that’s similar to ours from Overland