• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shift knobs anyone?

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I am looking to try a different knob but am afraid I might wreck something whem removing the original one. Can you advise how to safely remove the old one without damaging something in the process?
I was hesitant too, but it’s super easy! There are several YouTube videos on it. Just don’t listen to the folks that said they couldn’t figure out the stock collar and just broke it lol

all you have to do to get it off is gently pull down and slowly rotate it clockwise until it pulls down

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
No it isn't actually. They are different in that area
Does anyone know if the Civic one will swap in if we remove the matte chrome trim ring? After wrapping the piano black, It's the next thing to start showing scratches.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Does anyone know if the Civic one will swap in if we remove the matte chrome trim ring? After wrapping the piano black, It's the next thing to start showing scratches.
I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it. You can pop that trim off though, why not just get that wrapped too?

Duke55

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-SPEC
Skip to 9:17 for the shift knob install. It’s pretty easy. You just need a flat head screwdriver and an adjustable wrench.

Thanks for the info. It looks easy enough so that even a doofus like me can probably do it. :)

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What's up with the Raceseng Nitro? I like the idea of the delrin wrapped stainless steel as an "insulated" shift knob, but it appears that Raceseng is no longer going to make it. I always want what I can't have.

porkster

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS - ABP
Went with the CTR red leather knob. Much more comfortable for palm down grip. There's two part numbers for the CTR knob oddly enough, with different base sizes and the one you want is the 08U92-TEA-110 one, which may be the FK8 knob with a skinny base. The FL5 knob is $50 cheaper(!!) and has a flared out base which won't match up with the OEM ITS plastic boot collar. Or maybe get the cheaper FL5 knob and then a custom shift boot collar.

The "turning 90 degree" collar trick did not work for me, and maybe it's just false period. The plastic OEM collar has two tabs that hold it on regardless of rotation. I use a plastic pry tool to gently lift up the piano black center console trim (as per a video on Youtube), and then clipped off a zip tie to release the alcantara boot off the plastic collar. Then, used a small flat head to pry up on one clip at a time while pushing the collar down. No broken pieces doing it this way.

The OEM knob actually is fairly heavy in weight, heavier than this red knob. The red knob is still weighted but not as much. There are Amazon fakes for $23 so don't buy this off ebay or anywhere else except for a legit Honda parts site.

IMG_9583x.jpg

degenerategolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM, '23 GR Corolla (Core)
WC Lathewerks

I've had at least a dozen knobs made by them the last 14yrs for Subarus/Fords/Toyotas and now the ITS.

He has tons of shapes/materials. Everything is made to order, work quality is exceptional.

Highly recommended.
1000049162.jpg
1000049312.jpg

Honda4eva

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Z
The mugen looks like it will fill in the palm most of all. Thr stock knob feels small...

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Anyone have this one installed and with pix thinking of going with this

Screenshot_20240331-212145.png
Here are some pics I finally got around to taking. I really like the knob. Feels good and looks unique in the interior of my ITS.

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

knob3.jpg