• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Acura Integra Type S Squeaky Steering

viCARious24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volkswagen GLI, Mazda Miata MX-5
I just picked up my Apex Blue ITS yesterday. So far the experience has been great! My car is number 51 on the VIN so I fully anticipate early adopter problems.

I noticed on my 20 minute drive this morning that the steering would periodically make squeaky sounds. I dropped the car off at a paint protection shop and the shop owner maneuvered the car around some tight spaces, which involved alot of steering movement. I could hear several squeaks while standing outside the car. I couldn't seem to identify any rhyme or reason to when the squeaks would occur.

This car is brand new so this might just be some part breaking in. My salesman said if the sound persists to bring it back for a look over. I am curious if anyone has also noticed this steering squeaky sound?

Dan

20230627_191806.jpg

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I had a similar experience w my Aspec tech.... more of a pinging vs squeak... it went away after a few weeks and never came back...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Never noticed in mine but maybe I have the music cranked too loud

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Cars make noises sometimes. Especially new cars. I'm dealing with an issue right now in my wife's Macan where there's a squeak every time I let off the gas. I think it's the seat- which is pretty much identical to an issue I had in my previous Macan. Bolts were loose from the factory.

I've noticed squeaky steering in several cars actually, but it went away before I got around to actually scheduling a service appointment.

If it persists it will bother you and you will get it in to get it fixed. Just try to notice the best ways to reproduce the noise; if the tech can't reproduce it, they can't fix it.

Another tip- if you do end up having a problem that gets fixed please update your original post with the problem and the solution. It will be immensely helpful for people going through similar issues in the future.

maximetardif

First Name
Maxime
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 WRX, 2024 integra type s
I just picked up my Apex Blue ITS yesterday. So far the experience has been great! My car is number 51 on the VIN so I fully anticipate early adopter problems.

I noticed on my 20 minute drive this morning that the steering would periodically make squeaky sounds. I dropped the car off at a paint protection shop and the shop owner maneuvered the car around some tight spaces, which involved alot of steering movement. I could hear several squeaks while standing outside the car. I couldn't seem to identify any rhyme or reason to when the squeaks would occur.

This car is brand new so this might just be some part breaking in. My salesman said if the sound persists to bring it back for a look over. I am curious if anyone has also noticed this steering squeaky sound?

Dan

20230627_191806.jpg
I wonder if they forgot to remove the "height holder" from the front suspension doing the PDI
received_945925969953871.jpeg

Tony_2271

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TSX
Anyone has been able to remove all add on when buying? Thanks