• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
2024 Acura Integra Type S new halo for the brand

Acura's Integra Type S carries on the spirit of the now-retired NSX, but at a price point attainable to a wider set of buyers.

Korkor said he classifies the Integra Type S as more of a specialty vehicle. But maintaining a balanced approach for it, in terms of production and sales, is key to preserving its exclusivity without making it too unattainable. "We want to create sufficient demand to satisfy enthusiasts yearning for a specialty vehicle like this with limited production and avoid saturating the market because that takes away that specialness from the car," Korkor said.

Big share of sales Acura estimates the hot-selling Integra will reach year-end volume of about 36,000, comprising about 22.5 percent of total brand sales. The Type S is expected to make up 10 percent of those sales.[/QUOTE]

2024_Acura_Integra_Type_S_front_3qtr-MAIN_i.jpg

2024_Acura_Integra_Type_S_interior-01_i.jpg

2024_Acura_Integra_Type_S_rear-02_i.jpg

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Shared this article mainly to highlight what appears to be a statement from Acura on planned production figures for the Integra and Type-S, specifically:

Big share of sales Acura estimates the hot-selling Integra will reach year-end volume of about 36,000, comprising about 22.5 percent of total brand sales. The Type S is expected to make up 10 percent of those sales.

This sure seems like it aligns with someone's guess on production numbers from a few months ago, but who was it... let me see... oh wait...

Understeer said:
I think the numbers will be about 15x that. If chevy can sell nearly 30k corvettes a year, Acura can build least half that.

RUNN1N said:

@chenc544's breakdown and thought process is actually pretty good--how many Corvettes Chevy can pump out isn't relevant to the number of Type-S' Acura can/will produce. They're apples and oranges.

If Acura sells 2,500 Integras in a good month (they did this in February 2023), they're going to want to keep that going, then add to that number Type-S sales (ideal, business-wise) or convert a fraction of those 2,500/month to Type-S sales (probably more realistic). These cars share the same production line, but they're going to be pretty different price points and very different target customers. Might the Type-S make up just 10% of the total Integras built/sold? It seems possible. The Type-R was a very small fraction of the total Integras sold each year.

They have to make what they can sell.

Oh. That's right. It was me. Hold the applause, I'll just put this right here... 🏆

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I knew the volume would be low. FL5 production is capped at 400 units a month. With the shared components I would think production wouldn't exceed this plus its only a north American market vehicle. If one looked at the TLX type S the first few years saw 2000 units a year. Even 10% seems high for the integra @3,500 units. there are only 274 Acura dealers in US with most claiming to receive less than 6 units this year. I'd expect no more that 2500 units produced annually.

MrOhnoez

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
Very curious. Im sure this number includes all canadian sold vehicles as well.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Very curious. Im sure this number includes all canadian sold vehicles as well.
I agree--the Integra production numbers are for all of North America, so I think it's fair to assume the 10% is for all of North America as well.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
I think those production numbers seem possible but I don't necessarily believe you can take a general business prediction of 36,000 cars (a guess on their part) along with another guess of the take rate for the Type S being 10% to mean they'll only produce 3,600 cars. By that logic if Integra sales are weak for the base model they'll make/sell far fewer Type S's? Why would they? The S might be one of the highest margin cars they sell. Same production line, most of the R&D already done for the Type R. The fact that they allow the Type R to sell for what, $8k less? means this car is hugely profitable.

I also question dealers claiming to only getting "less than 6" cars the whole year. I think they don't know anything past their initial allocation. I seriously doubt Acura would bother producing 275 demo cars, dozens of press cars, then only build 1,500 cars for the entire rest of the year. Pretty much a business and marketing flop if dealers don't even get one of these a month to sell.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
My interpretation is a 7 month 2023 build (30 weeks) production run, with a total of 3600 cars. That yield roughly 100 cars per week average, starting at about 50 per week and ramping up.

If the roughly 250 dealers got an average of 7 cars each on allocation plus the 250 demo cars and the 200 online orders, that yields about 2250 cars for the US tthis yr. If Canda demand is added on top (guessing 1000 cars) then something around 3250 seems logical.

I would expect 2024 production capability of atleast 2x that rate or 6000-7000 cars. It will all depend on the economy and popularity of ITS as to how many will be built.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Yeah, this doesn't seem like bad numbers. It's also exciting cause the only actual dealer I put a deposit with I'm 6th in line which should mean I'll actually get one this year lmao

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
According to SavageGeese (toward the end of their review) Acura's going to limit production of the Type-S similar to what Honda's doing on the Type-R--they didn't give specifics, but just plainly said production would be quite limited.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
3600 a year is plenty. The FK8 was selling around 4500ish a year in the US at around 37k and that was enough supply to keep the car somewhat hard to get but not impossible (if I remember, markups hovered around 2-3k). There's been 2200 FL5s brought to the US in the last 7 months, so we can expect around 3000 FL5s a year, for roughly 6500 FL5s and DE5s (both selling around 50k instead of 39k like the FK8) a year. I think within a year or so, the supply should make it doable for someone who wants either an FL5 or a DE5 to get their hands on one.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
3600 a year is plenty. The FK8 was selling around 4500ish a year in the US at around 37k and that was enough supply to keep the car somewhat hard to get but not impossible (if I remember, markups hovered around 2-3k). There's been 2200 FL5s brought to the US in the last 7 months, so we can expect around 3000 FL5s a year, for roughly 6500 FL5s and DE5s (both selling around 50k instead of 39k like the FK8) a year. I think within a year or so, the supply should make it doable for someone who wants either an FL5 or a DE5 to get their hands on one.
I don't think those numbers are accurate, ADM on the FK8 in my area was always astronomical. Used models sold for $2-3K over MSRP, but new it was hard to leave the lot for under $50K. Now it's $60K.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I hope so. Although the two dealers in on the list for mentioned they’ve only got 2 and 4 ITS allocated for the year. I’m prepared to wait but hopefully I’ll be able to get it and drive before winter

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, CTR
I don't think those numbers are accurate, ADM on the FK8 in my area was always astronomical. Used models sold for $2-3K over MSRP, but new it was hard to leave the lot for under $50K. Now it's $60K.
As you stated, depends on the area. I bought a FK8 in 2021 at MSRP. It was an impulse buy, where I spent 2-3 hours one afternoon talking to 7-8 dealers before finding one at MSRP. Most of the dealers were 2-5k adm / forced accessories or some combo of the two. Maybe I just got lucky 😅. Black was likely the least popular color, so I'm sure that played a role.

I'm hopeful that ITS pricing will be "normal" by / late 24. At these estimated production numbers, it seems probable.