• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yet another offset question.....

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec w Tech Integra
Hey all.....new here and was looking at wheel options. I notice most stay w an 8.5 wide wheel. I'm looking at getting a set of Enkei TS-5 18x9.5 w a +38 offset. Looking to run a 235/40 tire. Car will eventually be on some sort of coilover (unsure of which ones I plan to go with yet). Will this setup work? Obv looking to be flush but not so flush that I'm having to run a ton of neg camber just to get it all to work. If that doesn/t work, what are some suggestions? Lower offset? maybe run an 8.5 wide wheel? Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

OP
OP

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually I think I found my answer after watching a few vids on YT. Seems an 18x8.5 +35 w a 245/35/18 seems to work best without having to do many more mods to suspension and fear of crumpling a fender by rubbing. If anyone else has insight though please reply and lemme know!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
235/40 on a 9.5 will have a good amount of stretch. I had a 255/35 and it still had stretch on a 9.5 wheel.

18x9.5 +38 will fit but will have some poke out of the fenders
18x8.5 +35 or +30 will fit and be flush

In regards to lowering, if you’re lowering lower than say what lowering springs will give you then you will need negative chamber, and that will depend on how low you’re going. If you stay as low as what lowering spring will give you which is 1.5-2in drop then the set up will be fine with no negative chamber. Just keep in mind the rear does not have adjustable chamber control so if lowered you will naturally have negative chamber unless you buy rear chamber kits.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
235/40 on a 9.5 will have a good amount of stretch. I had a 255/35 and it still had stretch on a 9.5 wheel.

18x9.5 +38 will fit but will have some poke out of the fenders
18x8.5 +35 or +30 will fit and be flush

In regards to lowering, if you’re lowering lower than say what lowering springs will give you then you will need negative chamber, and that will depend on how low you’re going. If you stay as low as what lowering spring will give you which is 1.5-2in drop then the set up will be fine with no negative chamber. Just keep in mind the rear does not have adjustable chamber control so if lowered you will naturally have negative chamber unless you buy rear chamber kits.
Perfect!! Thank you for the reply....also spoke to another fella running the same wheels I want and he said with the 18x9.5 and running 255's lowered on Tein's...no rubbing at all:)So that's also reassuring.

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
https://www.systemmotorsports.blog/...ent-thread-system-motorsports-updated-8312022

Here is a link to a blog from System Motorsports who have fitted the FL5 with different setups and I messaged Thomson Ho the owner who said that the FL5 has info is the same for the DE5. Stick with offsets that are +42 to +45 on 9.5” wide wheels for flush fitment and no rubbing on 265 wide tires in general. You will have a bit of poke with +38.