• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has Anyone Tried Installing FL5 Aftermarket Parts On Their DE5 Yet?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
And also this - is the off road statement just for liability reasons like it is in the Jeep/off road industry?

IMG_3658.png

IMG_3659.png

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
The sway bar is probably noisy and/or not great for street driving. It would be legal to street drive. I had plenty of 'off road' use exhaust over the years but that's a different story entirely.

If the intake manifold increases power as advertised that's pretty impressive. Quick Google search didn't find anything from third party testing. Coming from NA LS stuff I can definitely appreciate worthwhile bolt-on mods.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Did you hook up any charge pipes yet? It says the PRL ones will work for both 1.5 & FL5. I'm trying to do everything at once that would require removing the bumper if possible.

It's about time you start your ongoing build thread. 😎🙏🏽
May want to get replacement pushpins and retainer clips if you end up taking the bumper on and off a few times. That’ll help ensure the best fitment possible

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The sway bar is probably noisy and/or not great for street driving. It would be legal to street drive. I had plenty of 'off road' use exhaust over the years but that's a different story entirely.

If the intake manifold increases power as advertised that's pretty impressive. Quick Google search didn't find anything from third party testing. Coming from NA LS stuff I can definitely appreciate worthwhile bolt-on mods.
NA LS is exactly what I'm coming from too. 😄 bolt on's & tune can make great power! I'm excited to pursue the same with the platform now. I was almost wondering if things like this & a tune can get the top speed higher without damage - but really not necessary at the same time. I'm all over the place right now.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
May want to get replacement pushpins and retainer clips if you end up taking the bumper on and off a few times. That’ll help ensure the best fitment possible
That's a very good point, thanks! I don't even want to take it off but alas, I must. I haven't had to remove body panels for engine mods on sooooo long. 😁 I'm trying to work with Diode Dynamics since they are local to see if we can make a custom mount for amber fogs or n the lower front corners, too. & I was even thinking about painting the matte black center piece gloss black - but I'm still unsure on that one.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
That's a very good point, thanks! I don't even want to take it off but alas, I must. I haven't had to remove body panels for engine mods on sooooo long. 😁 I'm trying to work with Diode Dynamics since they are local to see if we can make a custom mount for amber fogs or n the lower front corners, too. & I was even thinking about painting the matte black center piece gloss black - but I'm still unsure on that one.
As a warning, if you can get someone else to do it, I would. That bumper is a nightmare to get back on correctly. Maybe the Acura techs screwed it up installing my black emblem, but it does not want to go back on correctly. I am never touching it again.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
As a warning, if you can get someone else to do it, I would. That bumper is a nightmare to get back on correctly. Maybe the Acura techs screwed it up installing my black emblem, but it does not want to go back on correctly. I am never touching it again.
Awww shoot. This would be my luck also - I'm not a body guy. It will be hard to find someone who will remove & replace while I do the other work though. I know what I'll be thinking about all week now waiting for parts. 😆

How's your look now??

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awww shoot. This would be my luck also - I'm not a body guy. It will be hard to find someone who will remove & replace while I do the other work though. I know what I'll be thinking about all week now waiting for parts. 😆

How's your look now??
It looks like it's sitting on my weight bench while I find a body shop to do it... Even with help today it wouldn't go back on, can get it 95% there but that's it. Not worth doing more damage at this point. I knew body panels aren't my thing, but was told it's easy. Oh well, live and learn.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It looks like it's sitting on my weight bench while I find a body shop to do it... Even with help today it wouldn't go back on, can get it 95% there but that's it. Not worth doing more damage at this point. I knew body panels aren't my thing, but was told it's easy. Oh well, live and learn.
You could be right about the front emblem swap at the dealer. Maybe @Integra23 has some tips for us? 😁😎

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you remove the original intercooler air dam ? Sides and bottom rubber piece? This is required other wise the bottom portion will be pushed away and won't seat. FL5 instructions show only removing the sides .

20230910_1.jpg

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you remove the original intercooler air dam ? Sides and bottom rubber piece? This is required other wise the bottom portion will be pushed away and won't seat. FL5 instructions show only removing the sides .
Uggh, that's all it is??? I removed the sides, but not the bottom. Does it look awful removed though? That's a big space to leave open without that cover. I can see were its rubbing, suppose I could trim it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Uggh, that's all it is??? I removed the sides, but not the bottom. Does it look awful removed though? That's a big space to leave open without that cover. I can see were its rubbing, suppose I could trim it.
Yeah you could trim it or maybe make it thinner to fit underneath.
I don't think it looks.verry noticable with it gone .