• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has Anyone Tried Installing FL5 Aftermarket Parts On Their DE5 Yet?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Is this down pipe made for the FL5 and would be compatible with proper spacing for the ITS?
Down pipe is the same for FK8, FL5, and DE5.

Overall, most FL5 parts will work on a DE5, shops I have talked to just don't have a DE5 in stock to test. FK8 parts are hit or miss on FL5/DE5.

As a note, if anyone with a DE5 is on the East Coast, PRL needs a product tester. I mentioned the intercooler gap to them and they were interested to come up with a solution, but they don't have access to the car.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Is this down pipe made for the FL5 and would be compatible with proper spacing for the ITS?
Yep. I have already installed FL5 DP,FP, IC

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Yep. I have already installed FL5 DP,FP, IC
How does it drive with those upgrades? You mentioned minimal gains without a tune before, I likely won’t be tuning or it will be a wait before we get a reliable one.
If the ITS drives and feels better with a noticeable gain then I’d do it in a heartbeat

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
How does it drive with those upgrades? You mentioned minimal gains without a tune before, I likely won’t be tuning or it will be a wait before we get a reliable one.
If the ITS drives and feels better with a noticeable gain then I’d do it in a heartbeat
Did all upgrades in the first 100 miles. Lol can't compare it much to stock. DP is definitely louder. I don't know if I'd do any bolt-ons without a tune, best bag for the buck.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Down pipe is the same for FK8, FL5, and DE5.

Overall, most FL5 parts will work on a DE5, shops I have talked to just don't have a DE5 in stock to test. FK8 parts are hit or miss on FL5/DE5.

As a note, if anyone with a DE5 is on the East Coast, PRL needs a product tester. I mentioned the intercooler gap to them and they were interested to come up with a solution, but they don't have access to the car.
Im glad you mentioned this bc the TSP site says that it does NOT fit the DE5 so I messaged them last night wondering if it's just a website update issue & expecting to hear back today hopefully. Otherwise I would've bought it. Have you installed it yet? Also curious if the oem downpipe is raw?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Im glad you mentioned this bc the TSP site says that it does NOT fit the DE5 so I messaged them last night wondering if it's just a website update issue & expecting to hear back today hopefully. Otherwise I would've bought it. Have you installed it yet? Also curious if the oem downpipe is raw?
Down pipe is the same.. the front pipe is different from the FK8 and unique to the FL5/DE5

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Down pipe is the same.. the front pipe is different from the FK8 and unique to the FL5/DE5
Thanks man! I figured there should be no different fitting in that area either but definitely didn't want to deal with a return and wait any longer to put these parts on. I said I was going to wait until spring, but I just can't longer! 😆

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Did you hook up any charge pipes yet? It says the PRL ones will work for both 1.5 & FL5. I'm trying to do everything at once that would require removing the bumper if possible.

It's about time you start your ongoing build thread. 😎🙏🏽

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you hook up any charge pipes yet? It says the PRL ones will work for both 1.5 & FL5. I'm trying to do everything at once that would require removing the bumper if possible.

It's about time you start your ongoing build thread. 😎🙏🏽
Are they released? I wanted them but they weren't available.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Are they released? I wanted them but they weren't available.
I'm asking them in the chat now & will confirm asap.

Seems some of their items say they don't fit but do & vice versa. Just like they still have the PRL front pipe shown with both corrugated & woven steel still.

IMG_3633.png

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm asking them in the chat now & will confirm asap.

Seems some of their items say they don't fit but do & vice versa. Just like they still have the PRL front pipe shown with both corrugated & woven steel still.

IMG_3633.png
That's the 1.5T parts. I don't even see the FL5 charge pipes anymore. They were $1 coming soon.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
That's the 1.5T parts. I don't even see the FL5 charge pipes anymore. They were $1 coming soon.
Yeah I figured as much with the 1.5, but then it said that it fits. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Probably still waiting on those then but I asked anyway & awaiting a response still.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah I figured as much with the 1.5, but then it said that it fits. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Probably still waiting on those then but I asked anyway & awaiting a response still.
The FL5 kit has aluminum cast pieces that go along with the pipes from what was shown earlier. Not sure why the whole listing is now pulled.
@PRL Motorsports
I did send photos of my install to them but didn't hear anything back.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The FL5 kit has aluminum cast pieces that go along with the pipes from what was shown earlier. Not sure why the whole listing is now pulled.
@PRL Motorsports
I did send photos of my install to them but didn't hear anything back.
They just emailed me back to confirm no charge pipes for the FL5 from PRL yet.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Is there any reason why I shouldn't add this to the cart as well? Is there another manifold with the same efficiency for less price?

It would look friggin' cool too, though. 🤔

IMG_3654.png

IMG_3655.png