• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where to get an alignment?

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Ok i lowered the car called few places, told them what I have. Then they said bring it in. Once I got to Firestone they said they can’t do it because lane keep or adaptive cruise “2 things I care nothing about or use”. They said go back to the dealer which I really don’t want to go too…. What’s everybody doing ?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Just Google or Yelp “alignment” near your area. Any performance shop will be able to set you up perfectly. Plus they usually have a good ramp system to avoid scrapping. The Firestones I’ve seen have abnormally large speed bumps just to get into the bay.

Firestone is the pits. LKA and Adaptive Cruise Control don’t affect their ability to set your toe to zero. Are you serious?? LoL.

Not sure if you have camber arms in the rear. If you do, it’s a little tricker. If not, it’s pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes I did all that that whole search and other shops refered me to them because they had ramps that would require a drive 45 degrees up ramp and maybe removing bumper so they said go to “this” Firestone it’s got a drive on ramp. So I call tell them what I have I go in they then say can’t do it because of the tech can’t reset shit. Why is getting service done so difficult these days?

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
How low is your car?....idk why not the dealer its just an alignment..could they jack that it up sure(pun not intended)..but so could any shop now a days...customers service is second to profits

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Have you checked with your Acura dealer? If they can service and NSX I'm sure our ITS wouldnt be too much of an issue for them lowered.

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m just wondering if people that with a lowered a type S are finding good alignments outside of going back to the dealer is what I should have asked….

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you checked with your Acura dealer? If they can service and NSX I'm sure our ITS wouldnt be too much of an issue for them lowered.
I’ve sure some Acura service centers are good but I didn’t get that vibe at mine.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just go to a small chain place here in NC. I've developed a relationship with them over the last 10+ years.
They have always been able to handle my lowered vehicles, they'll even put wood planks down before the entry of the alignment ramp, and let me drive the car on to the ramp. I get to hang out in the shop when they do anything on my car. I bring donuts, or buy my tech a breakfast sandwich, etc. I also always tip whoever works on my car $20. for putting up with me. I'm lucky to have that.
Today they switched my tires over to my new rims. Tipped the guy $50. for taking his time.

It's not easy to find, but if you can develop a relationship with a small shop, they will take great care of you.

That nonsense of Firestone not being able to do the alignment is just crazy!

I hope you can find someone good, even if you have to drive a bit.

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yep just the style shop Ive been looking for. Think I’ve found one just happens to be 45 mins away, dealer is 30 so not big deal.
I really only want to go to the dealer if I really need to for service. I know not all acuras are the same but that’s the vibe I get from mine.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I don't trust any dealer unfortunately. I've actually paid for stuff in the past that would have been covered under warranty, just to avoid the dealer. LOL. Nothing major, but still.