• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Very interested to hear from new ITS owners that came from a smaller car!

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
The big elephant in the room for me is the fact that I would be coming out of my 167" long Hyundai Veloster N, and the ITS is 19" longer, not to mention the added width! I would love to hear from folks as to how they adapted to such a larger car. Does it feel too big on smaller country B roads? Is it more annoying to fit into parking spaces and drive in a tight downtown environment? Does the driving experience make it feel smaller than it really is? Thanks in advance to small car transitioners for your feedback!

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
It's only 7-8 inches longer than your Mazdaspeed 3 listed. Should feel similar to that as far as parallel parking or tight spaces go.

OP
OP
ChromaPop

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's only 7-8 inches longer than your Mazdaspeed 3 listed. Should feel similar to that as far as parallel parking or tight spaces go.
Great point, I forgot how long that car actually was!

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Coming from a mk7 GTI (similarly sized to Veloster N), the additional length in wheelbase is about 4", which I believe is what makes you feel its size when you're moving. The GTI feels more go-kart esque/nimble in tight radius turning. The ITS also has a huge turning radius, and that further compounds that feeling. The flipside to that is outside of very tight turns, the ITS feels rock solid.

With regards to the length and width, this car does have much longer front/rear overhang, but you quickly calibrate after parking a few times. It's still a compact car, so B roads/downtown driving is perfectly fine. Pay caution if you're parking along a curb as the width does sneak up on you.

OP
OP
ChromaPop

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dude the Teg is a compact. The difference should be minimal. You will be fine.

I come from a 21 Ridgeline, which really is a big difference in size.
That's like driving a bus to me haha.

OP
OP
ChromaPop

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Coming from a mk7 GTI (similarly sized to Veloster N), the additional length in wheelbase is about 4", which I believe is what makes you feel its size when you're moving. The GTI feels more go-kart esque/nimble in tight radius turning. The ITS also has a huge turning radius, and that further compounds that feeling. The flipside to that is outside of very tight turns, the ITS feels rock solid.

With regards to the length and width, this car does have much longer front/rear overhang, but you quickly calibrate after parking a few times. It's still a compact car, so B roads/downtown driving is perfectly fine. Pay caution if you're parking along a curb as the width does sneak up on you.
I too had a Gen 7 Volkswagen GTI, your comments are great and I appreciate that you pointed out the wheelbase differences as I had not taken that into consideration.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Dude the Teg is a compact. The difference should be minimal. You will be fine.

I come from a 21 Ridgeline, which really is a big difference in size.
Compact???? Maybe in 2023 it is, but this car is wider and longer than my Wife's SUV (RDX). Coming from a S2k and S3 this car is BIG. I will echo other comments, it only feels big when making a tight U turn or when I look out the rear hatch. It's very agile and responsive, more so than the S3. So in motion, it feels great, but it barely fits a compact spot and I had to make a lot of room for it in the garage... Granted, my cars were truly compact before. I am worried I will be collecting quite a few cones at my first Auto-X.

In motion on a backroad you won't notice the size or weight, it's just a blast.

OP
OP
ChromaPop

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Compact???? Maybe in 2023 it is, but this car is wider and longer than my Wife's SUV (RDX). Coming from a S2k and S3 this car is BIG. I will echo other comments, it only feels big when making a tight U turn or when I look out the rear hatch. It's very agile and responsive, more so than the S3. So in motion, it feels great, but it barely fits a compact spot and I had to make a lot of room for it in the garage... Granted, my cars were truly compact before. I am worried I will be collecting quite a few cones at my first Auto-X.

In motion on a backroad you won't notice the size or weight, it's just a blast.
Perfect thanks!

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
I dont have one yet but I came from S2k, ITR, early '00 civic coupe,, GR86. I got a 2018 civic hatchback and it felt huge to me. Big enough that I scratched a rim parking, something I had never done before. I then got a 2019 Mazda 3 hatch. Definitely smaller inside and outside. It felt more familiar but I know the ITS will be cavernous to me.

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
The ITS has all the parking sensors and cameras to help navigate tight spots. I come from a Rivian R1T and 2010 Toyota Tundra which doesn’t have any sensors since I have aftetmarket bumpers. The Integra is not a big vehicle at all.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
How bout coming from a 22 Ram Limited crew cab? 🙋🏽‍♂️😆

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
I too have a S2k, my last car was a ND Miata and Audi RS3. Behind the wheel, it doesn't feel all that big, when parked next to my 2007 4 runner is like maybe a few inches shorter. Park it in my garage and you'll notice how tight of a fit it can be. It'll fit, but its nowhere near compact.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
ITS has a “big” look and great looking wide stance. Overall it isn’t huge but I love the fact that it just feels big. Though it is larger than the old school Integra.