• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trunk hatch doesn't open very quickly...

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
5’9”, 170lbs, 40yo
Build: Athletic…somewhat

With the stronger struts, I feel like a small child could hang from the open hatch, and it wouldn’t close.
i think this would be perfect for me. Drop my sister off at high school everyday. She gets her backpack out and slams the hatch I die a little inside each time

Last edited:

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
5’9”, 170lbs, 40yo
Build: Athletic…somewhat

With the stronger struts, I feel like a small child could hang from the open hatch, and it wouldn’t close.
Oh damn! I wouldn’t have thought the wing on the FL5 warranted so much ‘tension’/‘life power’. Thank you for sharing! I guess we should stick with the OEM struts unless someone feels like adding weight to the rear hatch via sound deadening or a DE4/DE5 wing when they become available

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Oh damn! I wouldn’t have thought the wing on the FL5 warranted so much ‘tension’/‘life power’. Thank you for sharing! I guess we should stick with the OEM struts unless someone feels like adding weight to the rear hatch via sound deadening or a DE4/DE5 wing when they become available
DE5 380newton struts. FL5 700N. I haven’t tried it but if it is too stiff, 500-550N could be the sweet spot

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
DE5 380newton struts. FL5 700N. I haven’t tried it but if it is too stiff, 500-550N could be the sweet spot
Kinda blew me away. Not a physics guy so couldn’t really picture the ‘power’ jump from 380 to 700. I think you’re right!

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Kinda blew me away. Not a physics guy so couldn’t really picture the ‘power’ jump from 380 to 700. I think you’re right!
Interestingly enough, there are a number of CTR folks who have the same complaint that their hatch struts are too weak. I didn't imagine theirs would be that much heavier with the wing.

ponny18

First Name
Ponny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser
Now I’m starting to doubt myself and kind of want to reinstall the struts and try again…