• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You're all over the place. Acura is the Luxury branded Honda, period. The Type-S is the performance/hot version, however, it is not a 'track oriented' Type-R. As you say, the Type-S is the performance street version. Not to be compared to 'R' = Race.

We're simply not going to agree.

Mike
I guess not because you're placing too much of an emphasis on literal letter selection. It's the same car. R or S, so far only the body and interior are confirmed to be different. It's not substantially heavier. The seats, shift lights, and track app don't actually make the car more capable, and tires are wear items (and a dealer option anyway). The only thing more "oriented" is marketing. That's it.

The reaction from today's news is actually entertaining. It's kind of like watching the Dillon Brooks saga unfold in the NBA over the course of last week... it's like a train wreck! It's cringey as hell to see people melt down over a 5 in the front number vs a 4!!!

I really don't think you guys posting in this thread are the target demographic.

Honestly... if you're suggesting to run away to German brands that don't offer a manual at all... you're absolutely not the target demographic.

This is a niche car. They won't make that many of them, they won't sell that many of them. They don't intend to. It's all part of the plan... so go buy your S4, TLX, or Civic Si (good luck with the CTR, it will ultimately cost the same...).

Barring a true market collapse (which could easily happen...), these cars will absolutely not "sit on lots". They'll sell every single one they make.

It just won't be enough to convince bargain shoppers to pony up an extra couple grand apparently. :eek:

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I guess not because you're placing too much of an emphasis on literal letter selection. It's the same car. R or S, so far only the body and interior are confirmed to be different. It's not substantially heavier. The seats, shift lights, and track app don't actually make the car more capable, and tires are wear items (and a dealer option anyway). The only thing more "oriented" is marketing. That's it.

The reaction from today's news is actually entertaining. It's kind of like watching the Dillon Brooks saga unfold in the NBA over the course of last week... it's like a train wreck! It's cringey as hell to see people melt down over a 5 in the front number vs a 4!!!

I really don't think you guys posting in this thread are the target demographic.

Honestly... if you're suggesting to run away to German brands that don't offer a manual at all... you're absolutely not the target demographic.

This is a niche car. They won't make that many of them, they won't sell that many of them. They don't intend to. It's all part of the plan... so go buy your S4, TLX, or Civic Si (good luck with the CTR, it will ultimately cost the same...).

Barring a true market collapse (which could easily happen...), these cars will absolutely not "sit on lots". They'll sell every single one they make.

It just won't be enough to convince bargain shoppers to pony up an extra couple grand apparently. :eek:
Interesting response....

No. I'm not suggesting anyone run to a German brand. I wouldn't.

I'm not the target demographic? Are you sure?
Please educate me on the target demographic.

I agree that Acura will sell every Type-S they build. I do believe this vehicle 'should' have come with an MSRP of $48K. My original MSRP estimate was $48-52K. With this announcement, I'm certainly not in a hurry to pull the trigger. I may just wait for my GR Corolla 'Circuit Edition' to arrive or, talk my better half into the CT4-V Blackwing (which actually is a bargain at a $65K starting price). I'm just not sure at this point. Luckily, I have plenty of time to make a decision.

PS. And, you should have bought a 911. The 718 isn't a Porsche. ;)
See you on Rennlist.

Mike

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
It's cringey as hell to see people melt down over a 5 in the front number vs a 4!!!

I am as target as a demographic as possible. I drive a manual RSX-S and make enough to afford a $50K sporty car.

My value for my $ is much, much better on a CPO M240i xDrive than a ITS after this insane pricing. Even at $48K my friends thought I was crazy considering a FWD glorified Civic.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
For me personally it makes sense. As its my one car solution, and I live in a cold snowy state, so I really cant even consider things like a manual supra or a Nissan Z. At the end of the day if you dont care for the manual driving experience, then yes this car is not worth it.
I live in a slightly less snowier midwestern area (Chicago). I feel the xDrive AWD will do better than FWD (even though xDrive is RWD biased). I'll put on some conti DWS06+'s and be fine. A Supra or Z is also too impractical for me, but I can get by with a M240i. The extra space of the ITS is not needed in my situation. Driving in traffic the ZF8 will also be much more practical too tbh.

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
I live in a slightly less snowier midwestern area (Chicago). I feel the xDrive AWD will do better than FWD (even though xDrive is RWD biased). I'll put on some conti DWS06+'s and be fine. A Supra or Z is also too impractical for me, but I can get by with a M240i. The extra space of the ITS is not needed in my situation. Driving in traffic the ZF8 will also be much more practical too tbh.
Yea in your situation a m240i is a better buy honestly, I live in a low traffic area and have plenty of back roads to drive on which is why I really enjoy my current manual and want to keep on as my daily.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am as target as a demographic as possible. I drive a manual RSX-S and make enough to afford a $50K sporty car.

My value for my $ is much, much better on a CPO M240i xDrive than a ITS after this insane pricing. Even at $48K my friends thought I was crazy considering a FWD glorified Civic.
If a 2 door coupe is acceptable I'm not sure why you would even consider the ITS.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
If a 2 door coupe is acceptable I'm not sure why you would even consider the ITS.
I have $50Kish to spend for something sporty, how are people confused I would cross shop a coupe and a sedan?

I understand those going the other route that NEED a sedan, but going from a coupe to a sedan for extra space is just a 'bonus'.

Regardless, Acura is a joke now. Honestly quite sad coming from a RSX-S owner. Overpriced and/or bloated offerings only these days.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have $50Kish to spend for something sporty, how are people confused I would cross shop a coupe and a sedan?

I understand those going the other route that NEED a sedan, but going from a coupe to a sedan for extra space is just a 'bonus'.

Regardless, Acura is a joke now. Honestly quite sad coming from a RSX-S owner. Overpriced and/or bloated offerings only these days.
Yeah it's overpriced.
Only way I'd upgrade is if I can get get 35k for my car.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Acura as a brand touts being a luxury version of Honda however this car has not been advertised in that way. I'm thinking we may be overlooking the fact that this is an almost identical copy to the type R so that Acura can capitalize on the lack of supply in the type R market. Let's be honest there doesnt appear to be many luxury features in the ITS but they also didn't advertise it in that way so I'm not holding it against them. I'm looking forward to a type R in a different package, whether that holds true through driving reviews remains to be seen.

If they had to design new full leather seats with all the features plus enough bolstering to support over a G in corners are buyers okay adding another 1-2k onto msrp? That's my point, they add weight and cost with each new piece designed and manufactured and then the complaint from us would just be that it's a 50k+ FWD car thats neither a performance car nor an audi tier luxury car
They literally took the seats out of the TLX Type S and removed the cooling feature.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I mean VW offers a manual in both the GTI and R. The GTI is $20k cheaper in base trim, 10k in Autobahn trim and gives you everything the ITS does and then some. With a APR tune you can keep a warranty and easily make more power than the ITS, plus you have the option of the excellent DSG. Step up to the R and you add AWD for $7k less and almost the same HP. So yea people are going to cross shop.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
They literally took the seats out of the TLX Type S and removed the cooling feature.
I don't think that's true actually, where are you getting that information? They look fairly different. They more than likely took the seats from the base integra and added denser support

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think that's true actually, where are you getting that information? They look fairly different. They more than likely took the seats from the base integra and added denser support
They look pretty similar to me, sure the pattern is different as would be expected. Have to actually see one in person to be sure but they didn’t add that much bolstering over the regular Integra.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
They look pretty similar to me, sure the pattern is different as would be expected. Have to actually see one in person to be sure but they didn’t add that much bolstering over the regular Integra.
The reviews on the seats are what I'm looking forward to. It's a shame they passed on the opportunity to use some of the best seats in the business from the R but maybe they've made the correct decision, we'll see

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
The reviews on the seats are what I'm looking forward to. It's a shame they passed on the opportunity to use some of the best seats in the business from the R but maybe they've made the correct decision, we'll see
+100 on this .... the Type R seats are money. seats are a HUGE factor for me feeling like i've gotten into a "sports" car. i have hopes that these will be "acceptable" ...