• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I recognize that MSRP isn't official yet, but most outlets are speculating that the ITS will come in at $47-48k, and as I step back and think about the ITS, I do question whether it is a good value at the near $50k price point.

The ITS is going to come in at a price around $10k more than the A-Spec Tech, and will have less features than that car (no moonroof, no power passenger seat, no memory driver seat, no USB outlets for the rear seat occupants). Yes, it gets the drivetrain out of the CTR, the revised and widened body, new brakes & wheels, etc., but we're paying more, and losing features that lower trim level Intega's have.

Moreso, if we look at that ~$48k price point, it's pretty much on-par with a TLX A-Spec SH-AWD. I'll give it to the Integra that it's a more practical car than the TLX is (bigger back seat in the Integra, more usable lift-back cargo area), but the TLX has a lot of the premium/luxury features that a lot of us were hoping for on the ITS. A torque-vectoring rear differential, moonroof, heated & ventilated seats, an optional heated steering wheel, more sound-isolating materials, higher quality materials used on the interior, and small things like all 4 windows being auto up/down, or having a rear view mirror with an integrated garage door opener.

I've got the above mentioned TLX, running a KTuner and a Stage 2 tune, and it's a nice car. The tune helps wake the car up, and it's decently quick (0-60 with the tune puts it in the mid 5s range). The AWD system helps the car hide its weight, as it's a fun car to take on the back roads that I have on my drive to work. I go back and forth on whether I want to trade in my TLX for an ITS or not. It'd end up costing me around $11-12k to make the switch and "upgrade", and while I don't doubt that the ITS will be a better driving car than the TLX, the TLX isn't bad, and I'd be giving up a number of those premium features mentioned above.

All of this gives me a bit of a pause when I step back and think about it. The week of the LBGP, I was all for making the switch. Now that the initial hype has died down, and we know a bit more about what features the ITS has and doesn't have, I'm back to being on the fence about it. I'm curious to get other's thoughts on the value of the ITS (assuming its MSRP), and how the car that carry's the Acura badge (what are supposed to be a more premium Honda), doesn't really have that much separating it from a CTR.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
I too have an issue with the $10K+ premium over the A-Spec Tech 6MT. Appearance aside, with the ITS, you're getting less features and a better, more powerful engine. Is that worth the asking price? Hard to say. I know for sure....it ain't worth any ADM!!!!

Mike

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
“I'll give it to the Integra that it's a more practical car than the TLX is (bigger back seat in the Integra, more usable lift-back cargo area)…”. Seriously? The integra has a bigger back seat than the TLX? I had no idea.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
“I'll give it to the Integra that it's a more practical car than the TLX is (bigger back seat in the Integra, more usable lift-back cargo area)…”. Seriously? The integra has a bigger back seat than the TLX? I had no idea.
Much bigger. The TLX has 34.9” of rear legroom, and the Integra has something like 37.5”, nearly 3” more.

The current TLX, as great as it looks, is one of the worst packaged vehicles I’ve come across. It’s as big on the outside as an A6, but the A3 has more rear headroom and legroom.

The rear seat space and small trunk opening are my two biggest gripes with the car. I really like it other than that, but unfortunately those are two items that have a big impact on the daily usability of the car, and the Integra excels there.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
In fairness it is much more than just an upgraded engine and if you have not and get the chance to test drive a type R, I'd highly encourage you to do so. It is chassis modification, suspension tuning, braking, aero/cooling, 10k+ worth of additional performance over the 1.5 platforms well spent.

The problem is adding luxury features adds weight and weight hurts the original ethos of the car, that or manufacturing new pieces for the type S which would make it more expensive which means it's competing with tough competition in the 50s. They're stuck in a tough place where they paid to have new exterior but cannot afford to make too many changes or make cuts inside to keep costs down. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be cheaper than 48 but don't quote me on that

It really comes down to what you value in a car. Do you prefer to have all the tech at a heavier weight which hurts most aspects of the actual driving experience? Do you prefer the comfort and convenience? That is up to each individual to answer where they fall on that spectrum

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I’ve just been looking at the TLX type s as an option for a little bit and then the Type S integra came out and it caught my eye. I just figured the TLX was larger inside. Thanks for the info. With the integra type s had SHAWD. That would make it a killer package IMO

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
Aside from FOMO, IMO the CTR/ITS shouldn't be costing this much at all. It's the way it is now because the manufacturers think they can charge more by the name of limited production or parts shortages.

When factoring FOMO in place and ICE ending in 2035, yes.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
The problem is adding luxury features adds weight and weight hurts the original ethos of the car
The ethos of this car is not a track-focused, laptime-above-all-else. That is the CTR.

The ITS is intended to be the premium/luxury counterpart to Honda, with an emphasis on additional luxury features that make for a fun, but daily-driven on the street car. I’d gladly take an extra 150lbs to have full leather, heated and cooled seats that were full power and memory.

This is an Acura that is supposed to be competing with the likes of BMW and Audi, and should be differentiating itself from the CTR it’s based on with additional creature comforts that one wouldn’t expect to have in a track-focused car like the CTR.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Not looking forward to around $900 monthly payments either.

My ideal situation is to have a sports car for weekends and electric for daily duty.

ITS would kind of do both, but doesnt it contradict people asking for more sound insulation while wanting more connection with the driving experience.

It's not really luxury and will be less capable sports car then type r.
Not really sure who the target market is other then those that weren't able to find a type r at msrp. But are you really willing to pay 5-10k over a type r?

GRC is also on my list since it's just a pure sports car that has usable rear room and hatch. No it's not large when comparing to large cars but it is larger when comparing to BRZ, Z, Miata, or supra. The interior is basic and many plastic pieces but they are not flimsy, won't rattle, and built to last a long time. All at starting 36k. And with lsd package 38k. I am on msrp list and really asking myself is the extra 10k worth it when I could put it toward an electric car with the comfort features. Heck, for 39k, it will comes with heated seats and steering wheel. If you get a chance, suggest watching repair nut that reviews the GRC from mechanics point of view.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
The ethos of this car is not a track-focused, laptime-above-all-else. That is the CTR.

The ITS is intended to be the premium/luxury counterpart to Honda, with an emphasis on additional luxury features that make for a fun, but daily-driven on the street car. I’d gladly take an extra 150lbs to have full leather, heated and cooled seats that were full power and memory.

This is an Acura that is supposed to be competing with the likes of BMW and Audi, and should be differentiating itself from the CTR it’s based on with additional creature comforts that one wouldn’t expect to have in a track-focused car like the CTR.
Acura as a brand touts being a luxury version of Honda however this car has not been advertised in that way. I'm thinking we may be overlooking the fact that this is an almost identical copy to the type R so that Acura can capitalize on the lack of supply in the type R market. Let's be honest there doesnt appear to be many luxury features in the ITS but they also didn't advertise it in that way so I'm not holding it against them. I'm looking forward to a type R in a different package, whether that holds true through driving reviews remains to be seen.

If they had to design new full leather seats with all the features plus enough bolstering to support over a G in corners are buyers okay adding another 1-2k onto msrp? That's my point, they add weight and cost with each new piece designed and manufactured and then the complaint from us would just be that it's a 50k+ FWD car thats neither a performance car nor an audi tier luxury car

Rainbrounicorn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra A-Spec 6-Spd
My plan is to go have a hoot driving the demo, and bide my time and wait for interest rates to come back down and to see what changes Acura makes in response to the market. That said if they ever did a classic paint option, I would buy an Aztec Pearl car as quick as I could 🤪

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Acura as a brand touts being a luxury version of Honda however this car has not been advertised in that way. I'm thinking we may be overlooking the fact that this is an almost identical copy to the type R so that Acura can capitalize on the lack of supply in the type R market. Let's be honest there doesnt appear to be many luxury features in the ITS but they also didn't advertise it in that way so I'm not holding it against them. I'm looking forward to a type R in a different package, whether that holds true through driving reviews remains to be seen.

If they had to design new full leather seats with all the features plus enough bolstering to support over a G in corners are buyers okay adding another 1-2k onto msrp? That's my point, they add weight and cost with each new piece designed and manufactured and then the complaint from us would just be that it's a 50k+ FWD car thats neither a performance car nor an audi tier luxury car
they didn't need to design a all new seat. They could have cover the Type R seats in leather and installed the heating elements. They did it for the Type R touring edition in europe.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Don't forget ithe ITS is only a 4 seater

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
they didn't need to design a all new seat. They could have cover the Type R seats in leather and installed the heating elements. They did it for the Type R touring edition in europe.
They had full leather interior in euro type Rs? How much would that cost? Honestly I'd be fine with the exact seats used in the type R they just aren't necessarily luxurious

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT