• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Disappointed 😔

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I might still be interested if I can get 35k plus for trade-in on my Aspec.
Telling my dealer that balls in their court. Make me an offer.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I might still be interested if I can get 35k plus for trade-in on my Aspec.
Telling my dealer that balls in their court. Make me an offer.
I was good to upgrade if it would cost me $11-12k. But with these numbers I’d be looking at $15k, and it just doesn’t interest me at that price point.

I can throw an MHI Stage 2 turbo, PRL DP, PRL Intercooler, and a custom tune on my TLX and be making 350HP at the wheels for under $5k, while having AWD and all the other creature comforts the TLX has.

It just doesn’t make financial sense to me at this point. I already texted my dealer and said to take me off the list, and refund the $1k deposit I put down a few months ago.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
🏆 - This is yours for the closest guess--had you been within $1,000 without going over, I would've given you two.
Because it only MAKES SENSE.

We all should know what people are paying for the CTR. You guys were all kidding yourselves.

There simply is not a better 4 door sports car from a driving dynamics perspective, ESPECIALLY considering the excellent manual transmission.

As I said in the other thread, this makes me glad. I don't have to fight with people who think this car should come in at a bargain bin price point. Go buy German if that floats your boat. Good luck with that!

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Yeah. I love Honda, all I’ve ever owned personally has been Honda. But you have to be a delirious fanboy to buy this at $52k.
Weird, the opposite for me. Always owned Japanese cars but was never interested in a Honda until CTR and ITS. But I do agree with you at $52k this is not a value for me. Guess I still won't own a Honda. :D

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
I was wrong at my $48K +/- $1.5K estimate. Most were.

It's completely dead now though. TBH Acura is dead to me in general, no $/performance offering.

I guess they are trying to cash in on those that MUST have a 6MT and space...

Personally I don't, the ZF8 M240i xDirve is more practical in Chicago. For just $100 more (that's NOT a typo), I get my precious sunroof (haha), AWD, 100 more hp, and oddly enough better mpg. Sure adding some packages my M240i would be like $57K, but I plan to go the CPO route anyways and have someone else take the first major depreciation hit.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
All y’all hoping to get a Type R copy for “cheaper” just got owned.
Nobody thought it would be cheaper than a Type R MSRP. Most assumed $4K more (basically for the stereo and heated seats). $7K more is just price gouging. You even lose some of the track functionality (logR, shift light, stronger bolsters, etc.).

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Nobody thought it would be cheaper than a Type R MSRP. Most assumed $4K more (basically for the stereo and heated seats). $7K more is just price gouging. You even lose some of the track functionality (logR, shift light, stronger bolsters, etc.).
And you lose features that the $37k A-Spec Tech has (rear USB, sunroof, power passenger seat, memory driver seat, possibly the option for a heated steering wheel).

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Just texted my dealer to pull me from their list, and to refund me the $1k deposit I put down a couple months back.

I don't see the value in a $52k Integra, 6MT or not.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
No way this thing cost much more than fl5 to produce. Sure shit not 8k more
Exterior differences aside, what do you get with the ITS? Heated leatherette seats, a HUD, and a nice stereo system (and it is a nice stereo system)?

The car looks great, I'll give Acura that, but as you said, there is no way this is anywhere close to $8k more car than a CTR. No way.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Exterior differences aside, what do you get with the ITS? Heated leatherette seats, a HUD, and a nice stereo system (and it is a nice stereo system)?

The car looks great, I'll give Acura that, but as you said, there is no way this is anywhere close to $8k more car than a CTR. No way.
52k should have bespoke rear quarter panel also