• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unpopular Opinions: Missing "features" you're happy about

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It's been mentioned here and there in various threads and posts, but nothing concentrated on the topic as far as I know.

What are the features the car is missing, according to popular opinion, that you're actually happy are not there. I'm not talking about don't mind are not there, I'm saying the car would be slightly less desirable if they had them.

For myself, first and foremost is the sunroof. I'm so glad they didn't add a sunroof, a feature that I consider useless. The sunroof on my Civic is annoying as hell due to glare so 99.9% of the time it's been completely closed.

AcuraLink. So glad I have minimal Big Brother in the car, don't need the "convenience" at the expense of privacy.

Rear vents. Anyone with young kids knows they're more likely to be receptacles of dirt/garbage/small toys than a useful provider of conditioned air. It's not like the HVAC is so underpowered nor the car so big that it requires them. If it had a third row, maybe....

Front radar. AFAIK, AcuraSense is strictly camera based for the ITS. One less thing to fail/replace to avoid a light show on the dash. In my unpopular opinion it would have been even nicer if it didn't have any nanny features related to the camera.

Honorable mentions that I don't care about either way:
- Memory seats
- Powered Passenger
- 5th seat in the rear
- 360 cameras

What are yours?

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
I agree 100% with your list. The only thing I'd add is I wish you could access that track focused app that the type R has in the infotainment system.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
The only four for me are the auto start/stop, automatic, memory seat and 5th seat in the rear. At the price point, it should have the other features you mention and more. It doesn't make me dislike my ITS any more, but it would elevate it even more.

- Power Passenger would be one less thing for the other half to complain about.
- 360 Cameras, great for double checking whether the kid(s) left something in your path as well as for positioning in tight spaces.

I do miss the power moonroof which I had in my 05 RSX Type-S years ago. Rear USB ports + air vent would be nice for the kid(s). Folding power mirrors would have been nice for tight spaces as well. I also would have liked home link since my garage door openers lack smart home WiFi technology.

Eventually, I may look to address the power folding mirrors, homelink, and rear USB ports+air vents since there appear to be some after market solutions available.

Last edited:

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Whatever 'missing' features that attract more media attention. No such thing as bad press!

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Absolutely the sunroof. I've owned 4 cars prior to my ITS. All had a sunroof, 3 of them had issues with it (1 - car was old and a cable broke, 2 - a plastic gear started skipping so it wouldn't close all the way, 3 - car was 6 years old, the frame cracked and it would leak water), and I didn't own the fourth long enough to see an issue. Issues aside, I found that the older I get, the less I want wind in my face (unless I'm driving a convertible) and the more I prefer a quieter air conditioned interior.

Also I'm glad it doesn't come with remote start (I know manuals never do, but I've seen people complain about this). I often leave my keys in my pocket even when I'm home, and sometimes will trigger the panic alarm, lock the doors, or roll down the windows. I can't imagine accidentally starting the car while it's parked in the garage.

What bothers me with AcuraLink is that they included a very dumbed-down version of it in our cars, to the point where it doesn't actually give you any useful information that you can't immediately see when sitting down in the car. I believe on the A-spec tech it lets you lock/unlock and remote start your car, see its location, and check tire pressures. On the ITS, all you get is the mileage, fuel level/range (ok maybe that one is nice to have), and oil life. And that's assuming it works. Mine is often behind by up to 2 weeks / 200-300 miles.

I don't really care about the lack of memory seats of power passenger seat, but it would have been nice if Acura didn't leave a blank in place of the switch as a constant reminder of "look what you could have gotten but we decided to leave it out because weight savings or some other bs".

Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - I've seen a lot of non-buyers complaining that there's no automatic option. I'm quite happy that this car is manual-only (and only comes in a single trim) - makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for when buying. I can't tell you how much it bothers me when you search for cars and filter by "manual only" and you see a bunch of automatics pop up. I've noticed BMW dealers are notorious for this - they'll list their cars as "manual" because you can shift gears with the flappy paddles.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I completely agree with OP, I’d add auto transmission and auto start/stop.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
It's been mentioned here and there in various threads and posts, but nothing concentrated on the topic as far as I know.

What are the features the car is missing, according to popular opinion, that you're actually happy are not there. I'm not talking about don't mind are not there, I'm saying the car would be slightly less desirable if they had them.

For myself, first and foremost is the sunroof. I'm so glad they didn't add a sunroof, a feature that I consider useless. The sunroof on my Civic is annoying as hell due to glare so 99.9% of the time it's been completely closed.

AcuraLink. So glad I have minimal Big Brother in the car, don't need the "convenience" at the expense of privacy.

Rear vents. Anyone with young kids knows they're more likely to be receptacles of dirt/garbage/small toys than a useful provider of conditioned air. It's not like the HVAC is so underpowered nor the car so big that it requires them. If it had a third row, maybe....

Front radar. AFAIK, AcuraSense is strictly camera based for the ITS. One less thing to fail/replace to avoid a light show on the dash. In my unpopular opinion it would have been even nicer if it didn't have any nanny features related to the camera.

Honorable mentions that I don't care about either way:
- Memory seats
- Powered Passenger
- 5th seat in the rear
- 360 cameras

What are yours?
Sunroof and the Auto Start/Stop for me!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
A spare tire.

The rest honestly I'd appreciate if it was available.

OP
OP
SilverRocket

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
What bothers me with AcuraLink is that they included a very dumbed-down version of it in our cars, to the point where it doesn't actually give you any useful information that you can't immediately see when sitting down in the car. I believe on the A-spec tech it lets you lock/unlock and remote start your car, see its location, and check tire pressures. On the ITS, all you get is the mileage, fuel level/range (ok maybe that one is nice to have), and oil life. And that's assuming it works. Mine is often behind by up to 2 weeks / 200-300 miles.

Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - I've seen a lot of non-buyers complaining that there's no automatic option. I'm quite happy that this car is manual-only (and only comes in a single trim) - makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for when buying. I can't tell you how much it bothers me when you search for cars and filter by "manual only" and you see a bunch of automatics pop up. I've noticed BMW dealers are notorious for this - they'll list their cars as "manual" because you can shift gears with the flappy paddles.
I think it's just to say they have it. Imagine they tout it and the top trim doesn't even have it. So literally I'd put money that the marketing folks mandated a barebones version be included just so that they could put the dot in the comparison chart.

1702057638206.png

Maybe I've watched too much Black Mirror or have a very dark view of the future but I don't want any car that can remotely control(through the internet, not a wireless fob) ANYTHING on my car. GM's OnStar is why I'd never get a modern Vette.

Very good point about the automatic. You made me think about it and I came to slightly different conclusion. I'm happy there's no automatic because manual weeds out the posers and general bad drivers who'd definitely increase insurance rates if you know what I mean. Not to say everyone who drives manual is a pro driver, just that I'm confident they're above average when considering the entire driving population.

Also usually that comment goes hand in hand with lack of AWD, which from that perspective I never comprehended those people. At that point, just get a TLX Type S.

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
Absolutely the sunroof. I've owned 4 cars prior to my ITS. All had a sunroof, 3 of them had issues with it (1 - car was old and a cable broke, 2 - a plastic gear started skipping so it wouldn't close all the way, 3 - car was 6 years old, the frame cracked and it would leak water), and I didn't own the fourth long enough to see an issue. Issues aside, I found that the older I get, the less I want wind in my face (unless I'm driving a convertible) and the more I prefer a quieter air conditioned interior.

Also I'm glad it doesn't come with remote start (I know manuals never do, but I've seen people complain about this). I often leave my keys in my pocket even when I'm home, and sometimes will trigger the panic alarm, lock the doors, or roll down the windows. I can't imagine accidentally starting the car while it's parked in the garage.

I don't really care about the lack of memory seats of power passenger seat, but it would have been nice if Acura didn't leave a blank in place of the switch as a constant reminder of "look what you could have gotten but we decided to leave it out because weight savings or some other bs".

This was my list exactly.

bruejam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Tiger Eye Type S
Coming from an Integra ASpec, the deletion of Alexa is freaking awesome. For me, that was a really useless feature and it would get triggered on a fairly regular basis by general conversation or something on the radio. I did set it up to open my garage door, thinking that it would be a reasonable replacement for HomeLink. In reality it took more steps to open through Alexa than pressing the button on my opener. Good riddance.