• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

To Rev Match or Not to Rev Match?

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
Survey: Are you planning on using Rev Matching or not?
Clarification: I have been driving a manual transmission car since 1972 - each car without Rev Matching. Do I drive the Integra with Rev Matching any differently?
Miscellaneous: Would you like to share any thoughts/comments/suggestions regarding Rev Matching?
P.S. I am kind of nervous about using Rev Matching - should I be?

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
You'll get used to it. There's nothing to be nervous about.
You can always turn it off or turn it back on, although I wish they put an actual button for it like other manufacturers.
I turned it off/on whenever I got bored lol
I recommend keeping it off for few weeks since you're used to doing it yourself.
And when it's on, you need to trust the car. I've double rev matched few times and it wasn't fun.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I haven't driven a manual in years.. first few shifts weren't very smooth on the test drive. The sales guy told me they sell an automatic..lol but once I got on it i was doing better. I loved the rev match feature since I'm a bit rusty on heal and toe.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You'll get used to it. There's nothing to be nervous about.
You can always turn it off or turn it back on, although I wish they put an actual button for it like other manufacturers.
I turned it off/on whenever I got bored lol
I recommend keeping it off for few weeks since you're used to doing it yourself.
And when it's on, you need to trust the car. I've double rev matched few times and it wasn't fun.
Thanks for your response and for your reassuring words! Clarification needed please: You turned it on, or you turned it off "whenever I got bored lol"? Please tell me if I should drive the car any differently with the Rev Matching on? Please tell me what "double rev matched"
means - thanks!

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't driven a manual in years.. first few shifts weren't very smooth on the test drive. The sales guy told me they sell an automatic..lol but once I got on it i was doing better. I loved the rev match feature since I'm a bit rusty on heal and toe.
Thanks for your response and no matter what the sales guy or anyone else says, please do not change your mind about the 6-speed
manual - it's the only way to go and you'll never look back/regret it!

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Please tell me what "double rev matched"
means - thanks!
I'll guess he blipped the throttle out of habit while the auto rev match was on.

With auto rev match you just clutch, downshift, release clutch pedal. No blipping the gas or heel toe needed.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll guess he blipped the throttle out of habit while the auto rev match was on.

With auto rev match you just clutch, downshift, release clutch pedal. No blipping the gas or heel toe needed.
Thank you so very much for that clarification - that helps a lot, and I think it eases my mind as well! One more clarification needed please: So, I do not downshift any differently than I do with my present non-rev matching Mazda Miata 6-speed manual? THANKS!

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Thanks for your response and for your reassuring words! Clarification needed please: You turned it on, or you turned it off "whenever I got bored lol"? Please tell me if I should drive the car any differently with the Rev Matching on? Please tell me what "double rev matched"
means - thanks!
It might sound a little weird but I just felt like switching things up a bit every few weeks.
And by double rev mathing, I meant exactly this:
So when it’s on, there’s no need to do anything. Push the clutch in, shift, and then just let go of the clutch like how you’d upshift.
When it’s off, just drive it like how you’d drive your other manual cars.
I’m not sure about the Integra but my Type R didn’t auto revmatch 2nd to 1st so you might need to check that too.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It might sound a little weird but I just felt like switching things up a bit every few weeks.
And by double rev mathing, I meant exactly this:

So when it’s on, there’s no need to do anything. Push the clutch in, shift, and then just let go of the clutch like how you’d upshift.
When it’s off, just drive it like how you’d drive your other manual cars.
I’m not sure about the Integra but my Type R didn’t auto revmatch 2nd to 1st so you might need to check that too.
It seemed like it rev matched from 2 to 1 during my test drive. I know I didn't do it myself.lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for your response and no matter what the sales guy or anyone else says, please do not change your mind about the 6-speed
manual - it's the only way to go and you'll never look back/regret it!
Nah he just said that cause i was rusty. My reserved Carbon/ manual is built...so manual life for me.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A salesman will never be as intimidating as my dad was when he taught me how to drive a manual 😅
Dad's 4 sure, but they mean well and now you can drive a manual!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Dad's 4 sure, but they mean well and now you can drive a manual!
Same here m my first vehicle was a 5spd manual pickup. Good old dad taught me

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Very relevant thread for me too, thanks OP. Sounds like I'll be disabling rev match for awhile until I am used to the car...