• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Seats

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
I'd also describe them as "fine." As in "fine" when your wife says she's ok with something but doesn't love. They aren't a highlight but I wouldn't switch them for something else. Comfortable on long trips and for daily drive. Fabric has good grip but you have to lean into the bolstering. Wish they hugged you a little more. One of the few categories where I'd say my old GTI was better.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I'd also describe them as "fine." As in "fine" when your wife says she's ok with something but doesn't love. They aren't a highlight but I wouldn't switch them for something else. Comfortable on long trips and for daily drive. Fabric has good grip but you have to lean into the bolstering. Wish they hugged you a little more. One of the few categories where I'd say my old GTI was better.
LOL they’re better than wife “fine”. Because in my experience that means “I hate it, but will wait to make you pay…” 😂😂😂

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
The seats are "fine" in that they are more than adequate. Yes the Type R seats are cooler looking and are more bolstered but the Type S seats are easier to get in and out of. Heat is also a neat and welcome feature. I find the Type S seats are, overall, easier to live with.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Like many others, I second @optronix's astute assessment and synopsis--the DE5 seats are "fine". Nothing more, nothing less.

While you as a driver will not gush over them, they're much less polarizing than the FL5 seats, and should be tolerable for any average passenger. The FL5 seats are very comfortable if you fit in them... but getting in/out takes some finesse. It's easy to master as a happy FL5 owner... a spouse who is an occasional passenger? You might anticipate some griping.

The Si seats are almost indistinguishable from the Integra A-Spec + Tech seats, and the DE5 seats have slightly more bolstering in the love handles/outer thighs.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
04 4Runner V8 Limited, 24 Integra Type S
The seats and pedal position are my least favorite things about the car. I'm of the opinion they're worse than 'fine'. I'm a thin, fit, tall(ish) dude at 6'/155lbs. I struggle finding a good seating position where my leg is comfortable due to two things. One, the pedal depth is insane with the gas recessed a few inches back of the brake and clutch. Two, the bottom seating pad needs to be 4-6 inches longer or offer an extender like any other luxury car company would.

The lack of memory seating combined with the fact I co-drive it with my wife means I am rarely comfortable driving, always looking for a better seat position.

Considering a gas pedal repositioning bracket to assist with this.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The seats and pedal position are my least favorite things about the car. I'm of the opinion they're worse than 'fine'. I'm a thin, fit, tall(ish) dude at 6'/155lbs. I struggle finding a good seating position where my leg is comfortable due to two things. One, the pedal depth is insane with the gas recessed a few inches back of the brake and clutch. Two, the bottom seating pad needs to be 4-6 inches longer or offer an extender like any other luxury car company would.

The lack of memory seating combined with the fact I co-drive it with my wife means I am rarely comfortable driving, always looking for a better seat position.

Not to diminish your feedback (maybe just a little- "but I said with all due respect"), but this is the first I've heard this complaint.

I understand seats are very subjective so I'll provide context. I'm 5'11" 180, fit but not necessarily thin (not fat either, ~11% body fat) with "broad shoulders" or whatever, and the seats are great for me for 99% of normal driving. Definite humblebrag but I work out all the time (literally 6-7 days a week) and frequently have a sore lower back, so generally after about an hour or so it starts to complain. But I've also mentioned on these boards before that I have the "top-tier" 18-way seats in my Macan with all the lumbar support you could ever ask for and it's about the same situation with that car too. Many on here have also called me out for humblebragging about the MULTIPLE Porsches I've had... same story. All of them were 18-ways with one exception, a 718 GTS with 2 way sport seats- which are just a manual version of the 18 ways so yes it's all the same. I say this for context (and to troll @VarmintCong and @grahm and a few other members of the fan club), but to hold that kind of company is pretty much more than you can ask for at this price point, right?

ALL that being said, I'm not a "heel-toe" guy. I suck at it, always have, therefore it is not enjoyable and I attribute it to my (also humblebrag) size 12s. The pedal box is a delight for me. This car is the easiest manual I've ever driven, and I have zero issues in start-stop traffic where in my 911 I literally wanted to pull my hair out multiple times through certain stretches of highway in Northern Virginia.

However. I will almost certainly be swapping out seats for Bride or Recaro units at some point. Because I do track the car on occasion, plus I think they're cool looking. But right now I can't even find wheels so I'm not in a rush to get there. Because the seats are fine.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
Not to diminish your feedback (maybe just a little- "but I said with all due respect"), but this is the first I've heard this complaint.

I understand seats are very subjective so I'll provide context. I'm 5'11" 180, fit but not necessarily thin (not fat either, ~11% body fat) with "broad shoulders" or whatever, and the seats are great for me for 99% of normal driving. Definite humblebrag but I work out all the time (literally 6-7 days a week) and frequently have a sore lower back, so generally after about an hour or so it starts to complain. But I've also mentioned on these boards before that I have the "top-tier" 18-way seats in my Macan with all the lumbar support you could ever ask for and it's about the same situation with that car too. Many on here have also called me out for humblebragging about the MULTIPLE Porsches I've had... same story. All of them were 18-ways with one exception, a 718 GTS with 2 way sport seats- which are just a manual version of the 18 ways so yes it's all the same. I say this for context (and to troll @VarmintCong and @grahm and a few other members of the fan club), but to hold that kind of company is pretty much more than you can ask for at this price point, right?

ALL that being said, I'm not a "heel-toe" guy. I suck at it, always have, therefore it is not enjoyable and I attribute it to my (also humblebrag) size 12s. The pedal box is a delight for me. This car is the easiest manual I've ever driven, and I have zero issues in start-stop traffic where in my 911 I literally wanted to pull my hair out multiple times through certain stretches of highway in Northern Virginia.

However. I will almost certainly be swapping out seats for Bride or Recaro units at some point. Because I do track the car on occasion, plus I think they're cool looking. But right now I can't even find wheels so I'm not in a rush to get there. Because the seats are fine.

I'm coming directly from an ND2 Miata with Recaros and that cockpit fit me like a glove. No issues with heel-toe whatsoever. I can't even imagine trying to heel-toe in the ITS. Thankful the rev matching is superb along with shifting. I don't need 18-way adjustable, just a longer seat bottom/extender would be nice. Hell, I'd take a manual one like you'd find in an older BMW. I recall having a similar issue with my 10th Gen Si.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
After a few thousand miles, I've come to not hate the seats as much as i did initially. Maybe my body has just gotten used to them. I don't enjoy heal and toe as well. Seats will always be subjective , I came from a ND2 Miata and a S2K and i think we all vary on our opinions on what works for us.

On that note saw these on FB Group, these would look good in an ITS (those those with the black interior and red stitching) vs spending $$$ on FL5 seats

Recaro SR-S ASM Limited Seat (Not my picture)

2024-05-01_16-52-12.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Easy fix for the pedal Acuity sells a pedal spacer to fix this.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
@ND2SloActiv

I have one that I removed (actually preferred stock position, personally). Let me know if you want it for cheap.
I've been looking at the Acuity, just haven't pulled the trigger. Too many other projects.

Is it the one for the 11th gen Civic? I don't see them offering a specific Acura part but I'm sure it's the same.

Did you try all 3 different positions?

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
On that note saw these on FB Group, these would look good in an ITS (those those with the black interior and red stitching) vs spending $$$ on FL5 seats

Recaro SR-S ASM Limited Seat (Not my picture)

2024-05-01_16-52-12.png
Nice find! I’m considering going with this. Also, they have a red one that might match all you red interior owners

IMG_5815.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
God dammit. Those Recaros are very nice and actually do match the interior quite well.

I was also looking at Bride but I think the Recaros look more promising... now what else is involved? I'm sure there's not just a direct bolt-in installation; I know they make rail kits and hopefully it's as simple as just buying a sub-$300 kit and then it's a direct bolt-in, but is anybody familiar with all the nuances of actually putting these seats in our cars?

I know there are Bride seats that have a heating element, I think some Recaros too. I do use the heated seats but it isn't a crucial thing for me, but all things being equal I'd probably want to keep the heat.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Recaros in a daily?
Buddy had them in his Ford ST.. ever time I sat in it I was reminded of how fat I am.😂