• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
VERY INTERESTING. A lot of the same points I and other have been making about the new Integra and what it stands for. It's mission statement if you will.

Also very interesting to note that it's LONGER than the civic sedan, which is longer than the civic hatchback. I tried to do some overlays of the civic and integra, and it was difficult to get it to perfectly line up... now I know why. I will say though, in those overlays, it appears that the rear overhang is more or less identical to the civic hatch (maybe give or take an inch)... so I suspect that most of the additional length might have gone to lengthen the nose of the car. This also makes me wonder if the wheel base is the same as the civic or if they lengthened it... same for the width... I was hoping they might add an inch or two to the width of the Integra... they might have... they also could've lowered the roofline too... the pictures we have definitely don't tell the whole story... it's not as copy/paste as alot of us thought.
Agreed. That was a very interesting article and hit on many things some of us have said. Since the civic sedan and hatch have the same wheelbase and the added length in the sedan is all overhang, it’s most likely the integra just has even more. But it’s possible the wheel base is lengthened. Since the extra 7” in bumper vs the civic hatch seems like it would be excessive.

He actually called it a sedan with fastback-esk lines. And then still 1-2” longer. So it’s not a civic hatch with new bumpers. It’s actually the civic sedan with new bumpers (which is much more practical to get the 1-2” more with) that they completely (and independently from the hatch) changed the roof line which appears similar to the civic hatch. A hybrid of the 2 like he said.

I’m even more excited now.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep! The people who this car was built for will be showing it with their wallets. This thing is going to sell like crazy!
Yep! The REAL integra fans. The ones who know that 99% of integra’s didn’t have a large wing.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So if it's longer, it's likely noticeably heavier as well. Hopefully Honda tunes the 1.5 for more power than the Si. You guys that follow my CivicX tuning threads know the engine has plenty of headroom for safely (and reliably) pushing more power.
First off. I’d love a link to the thread. I’m out of the loop on the L series motor and am glad to hear it has plenty of room.

Second, that’s a REALLY good point. Could also explain the bigger brakes even for a base. Where it would be heavier vs the hatch, since it’s still a bit longer than the Si sedan, more weight will be a reality. So with the same motor and output, it would be slower. Unless that’s what they’re going for, I’m thinking more power is almost a guarantee now.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So, now knowing that I should've been comparing the civic sedan and integra, rather than the hatch... here's an overlay of the two. This obviously assumes that the wheelbase is identical (which might not be the case). Looks like there's a touch more rear overhang than the sedan (boo) and maybe a touch in the front overhang. Height is the same. And you can even see how similar the back end slope is. As they stated... it's not a hatchback... it's a liftback sedan. Everything like windows, mirrors, etc all line up perfectly. Now I just hope they saw fit to increase the width by an inch or two to offset the added length.
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 2.12.51 PM.png
All be damed. This whole time lol. It’s not the hatch. It’s the sedan with a slightly reworked roofline and lift back. I’m fine with the extra rear overhang, that just means more space behind the back seats. It’ll have significantly more cargo space than the hatch.

But now I’m worried they TLX’d it. They took what was a reasonable 3700lb tlx, and redid it, added a lot of length making it 5 series size, and with that 4-500 lbs. 4200lbs for a tlx is bad. Really bad. It’s heavier than the RDX. I REALLY hope it’s still under 3300lbs.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I thought it would sit right between the sedan and the hatch, but never thought it would be longer.
Which makes sense, because previous gen Integras were also longer than the Civic counterparts (coupe v coupe, sedan v sedan)
It's probably all overhang, since I don't see them extending the wheelbase.
I don't like that. The Civic sedan is already pretty big imo.

Looks like Acura interpreting the original formula way too literally, but still the "fans" are saying it's not the real Interga.
Lol. I’m sure these “fans” will say “ewww, it’s even longer than the civic sedan?! Definitely not an Integra.” Since they know nothing about the real history.

I also can’t wait for the response from the people complaining that it was just a civic hatch (I know we all thought that, but I’m referring to the ones who complained about it). Jokes on them now.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Sounds like damage control for the poor reception. They absolutely tied it to the integra of old before reveal. Then unveiled the civic si with new paint and body and no one is buying it.
Definitely not. That would sound more like made up bs with stretched justifying. This is more like, hey we didn’t mess up. This was always the plan. Shut up haters who know zero about the integra.

The reception was far from poor. It was extremely positive. 5 dweebs on YouTube fighting for clicks and crying because it doesn’t have a wing doesn’t equal poor reception. Real fans are ecstatic.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Inteccord

Don’t hate it but don’t need any elaborate explanation on why anyone would plaster two giant “Integra” decals on the body if you think the car’s exterior design alone was enough to differentiate it as an “Integra.”

Call it what it deserves: ILX, baby TLX, etc. Exteriorly, it’s obviously a low-effort generic Acura sedan.

You’re gonna get flak for resurrecting the Integra name by mailing it in on a generic sedan (mechanical merits notwithstanding). Take it like a corporate man.

I dislike the naming convention but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad car.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
They are calling it what it deserves. The Integra. Which it is in spirit in every sense.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
“The New Integra was never meant to be "Retro" says Acura. It was always meant as an ILX replacement but because ILX sales sucked so bad in the latter years that, from a marketing standpoint, it would’ve been corporate suicide to name it ILX. So we resurrected the Integra name to drum up sales and preserve our bonuses.”

Seriously, it’s a mild evolutionary exterior change from the last ILX. Don’t even need to look that closely to see the truth.

I’m not bashing the car, just trying to see thru the corporate talk and marketing decision.

5BF1A354-1FF4-4692-A002-110125A62F6E.jpeg

A09B0E71-9703-44DD-A24A-956BE64625A3.jpeg

FCF49260-DE25-427D-A128-27A3D267A7A8.jpeg

3BAED6FB-B763-4801-924C-672C09339929.jpeg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
They are calling it what it deserves. The Integra. Which it is in spirit in every sense.
As an owner of the first gen Integra, sure I was hoping they went retro. But they didn't and I'm not one of the those people irate about it. If this car comes in at 30K, it will be a bargain in today's market.

My only concern is with the size of the car. It's definitely larger than I hoped but if they get the power right, it could likely be my next car at some point.

Take away the silly Integra decal (almost hilarious Acura did that to the prototype) put it in a less bright color, and this is a pretty sharp looking car.

Screenshot_20211116-034518-01.jpeg

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm slightly less concerned with the overall size. While i definitely would prefer a smaller car (something closer to my civic coupe) in size... I was at the same time cross shopping cars like the Accord Sport and Kia K5... while it is more car than I NEED I'm not really all that concerned with size if I like the styling, and price/performance are on point to what I want, and the Integra will still be smaller than both of those large sedans. At this point it sadly getting to the point of "at least it's not a crossover" when it comes to finding anything with smaller dimensions that isn't an outright sports car. As long as proportions are done right, actual inches and centimeters don't concern me too much (like the TLX which is a large vehicle, but those proportions are damn near perfection).

It might also be worth noting, a new redesigned Accord is probably going to hit the market in about a years time (after the crossovers get their refreshes) and given that the civic grew, most likely the accord will grow again as well, probably closer to TLX dimensions adding a few inches of length and width to keep it separated from the civic. We've already seen spy shots for the HRV, CRV, Pilot and they all appear to be growing by a fair amount as the larger crossovers move to Acura's small truck platform and the HRV moves up to the civic platform. "Small" has become a relative term mostly just meaning not a total boat, and we can't really compare these new cars to their ancestors from 20-30 years ago.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I actually just stood next to a new Civic sedan. One is in my work parking lot. It feels smaller than the 10th Gen my brother has. I'm not sure if it actually is but the car feels small. If the Integra is just 2 in longer, I'm VERY pleased with that. I'ts also about 2.5in shorter than my Mustang.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I actually just stood next to a new Civic sedan. One is in my work parking lot. It feels smaller than the 10th Gen my brother has. I'm not sure if it actually is but the car feels small. If the Integra is just 2 in longer, I'm VERY pleased with that. I'ts also about 2.5in shorter than my Mustang.
I’ve seen so many 11th Gen Civic out on the road like you can’t imagine. Every single one I’ve seen have been different trims with different colors and honestly I like the way the new Civic look. It looks a lot cleaner.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
They definitely appear larger in pictures than in real life... the first one I saw up close after release was kind of a mind f*** because the photos all made it seem like a huge long accord sized car, and then it's actually nice and tidy in person. The 11th gen only grew over the 10th by about an inch, and that all went to the nose of the car rather than the rear. If the integra is only about 2 inches longer it won't even be noticeable. On the size scale of something as large as a car, an inch or two isn't even perceivable.