• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I mean buying it figuratively. That it is really not much different than the si. I’m sure some people will buy it. :p
Got it. Read it wrong. I’m just glad Acura didn’t do what Mitsubishi did with taking a coupe name and slapping it on a CUV.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
So if it's longer, it's likely noticeably heavier as well. Hopefully Honda tunes the 1.5 for more power than the Si. You guys that follow my CivicX tuning threads know the engine has plenty of headroom for safely (and reliably) pushing more power.
Yeah, not too happy about that revelation. I think the sedan is too big. I was hoping this would be the same size as the hatch. Bigger means heavier and if they stick in the Si engine, way too heavy for 200 HP. I want something no bigger than the hatch, with more power.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah, not too happy about that revelation. I think the sedan is too big. I was hoping this would be the same size as the hatch. Bigger means heavier and if they stick in the Si engine, way too heavy for 200 HP. I want something no bigger than the hatch, with more power.
It’s going to be bigger as in front and rear over hang not wheel base wise as Robb has shown above that it matches up to the Sedan Civic.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I really like the long hood/short deck proportions of the TLX but the thing weighs 4000 pounds. I like the similar proportions of the Integra and just hope it's not much heavier than the Si.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s going to be bigger as in front and rear over hang not wheel base wise as Robb has shown above that it matches up to the Sedan Civic.
The hatchback weighs more than the sedan, so now comparatively speaking, its going to weigh even more yet. Bigger on any dimension, means heavier. The Type S better be impressive, or I might have to go German again.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I really like the long hood/short deck proportions of the TLX but the thing weighs 4000 pounds. I like the similar proportions of the Integra and just hope it's not much heavier than the Si.
Agree. Love the long hood/short deck cab rearward stance. The one thing to note is that the TLX was handled by Honda's American arm and the Integra is being handled by Japan. We all know Honda of Japan is better at keeping weight in check. And if the actual length difference is only in overhangs, then any added mass would be superficial at best anyway.

That said. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 15-20hp bump for the integra... the TLX saw about 20hp more than the accord sport 2.0T so it could make sense for the integra with slightly more weight to get an equal power bump, if they're following a similar formula. I'm not thrilled that it's going to be longer than the civic sedan (I was hoping for it to keep the Civic HB dimensions) but I don't see too much of an issue if they increase the width as well (they already have the increased width version of the platform for the CTR). The TLX grew a few inches in every dimension compared to the accord, it would make sense that if the length grew for the integra the width might as well, though I doubt they lowered the roofline any based on various overlays I've done. I'll be very interested when final size specs come out.

Another thing to note in terms of weight... a lot of the added weight of the hatchback is the hatchback door itself compared to a traditional trunk lid. The civic hatch door also has A LOT of glass, which is very heavy. The Integra's hatch isn't as big as the civic's and the rear glass is also a good deal smaller. With the new composite material they're using for the civic, the actual weight increase in that area might only be 20-30 pounds versus the civic trunk lid (it's only about 50lb difference on the HB).

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Another thing to note in terms of weight... a lot of the added weight of the hatchback is the hatchback door itself compared to a traditional trunk lid. The civic hatch door also has A LOT of glass, which is very heavy. The Integra's hatch isn't as big as the civic's and the rear glass is also a good deal smaller. With the new composite material they're using for the civic, the actual weight increase in that area might only be 20-30 pounds versus the civic trunk lid (it's only about 50lb difference on the HB).
Don't forget the rear wiper lol so 19-29 pounds :D

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agree. Love the long hood/short deck cab rearward stance. The one thing to note is that the TLX was handled by Honda's American arm and the Integra is being handled by Japan. We all know Honda of Japan is better at keeping weight in check. And if the actual length difference is only in overhangs, then any added mass would be superficial at best anyway.

That said. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 15-20hp bump for the integra... the TLX saw about 20hp more than the accord sport 2.0T so it could make sense for the integra with slightly more weight to get an equal power bump, if they're following a similar formula. I'm not thrilled that it's going to be longer than the civic sedan (I was hoping for it to keep the Civic HB dimensions) but I don't see too much of an issue if they increase the width as well (they already have the increased width version of the platform for the CTR). The TLX grew a few inches in every dimension compared to the accord, it would make sense that if the length grew for the integra the width might as well, though I doubt they lowered the roofline any based on various overlays I've done. I'll be very interested when final size specs come out.

I know I am over-reacting on the size, but the hatch being 179” long, the sedan 184” long, means this is 186” long. That too me is too large. I believe that is pushing the same length as the old TSX, which I’ve owned a 2010 TSX before, so close to the same size. Either way, I will drive one before I make any final judgment on size and handling. The old Integra was lightweight and handled great (my experience being the 1997 Integra GS), as a very tossable, corner carver. It was no drag racer, which I don’t care about, but the driving experience was great. I hope they come close to that experience.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I know I am over-reacting on the size, but the hatch being 179” long, the sedan 184” long, means this is 186” long. That too me is too large. I believe that is pushing the same length as the old TSX, which I’ve owned a 2010 TSX before, so close to the same size. Either way, I will drive one before I make any final judgment on size and handling. The old Integra was lightweight and handled great (my experience being the 1997 Integra GS), as a very tossable, corner carver. It was no drag racer, which I don’t care about, but the driving experience was great. I hope they come close to that experience.
A couple points. So now we know the Integra is a bit larger than the XI sedan. And we know that as a rule, hatches and liftbacks tend to be a bit heavier than their sedan counterparts. That rear glass is heavy. Plus with this being an Acura, it will be higher contented than the Si, again likely adding weight.

All of this leading to the fact that if this only has the 200/192 power of the 11th gen Si, it may feel slightly underpowered.

PLEASE PLEASE Honda/Acura... tune this car to say, 215/215. The powertrain will be fine and a lot of us will be happier. :cool:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
For reference
A manual Sport Touring Hatch is 3036, 3102 with CVT.
A Touring Sedan is 3077
A Manual Civic Si is 2906.
A base Civic Sedan is 2877.
A base Hatchback is 2928.

As the hatch is also the CTR base car it's possible that the hatch bodies have a bit more bracing built into them than the sedan does to take the flex of tracking the CTR, or its the weight of having more metal/glass from the hatch and having to brace that rear more from flex since its got a much larger opening.

Either way I'm not to worried about it. I expect it to be about 3200-3300, its only a little more than a GTi wish also uses great interior materials.

Also the Integra is still about 10in shorter than the Accord so that places it as an in-between type of car. So its like JDM the lineup would be Honda Civic, Integra, Accord, TLX.

Last edited:

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For reference
A manual Sport Touring Hatch is 3036, 3102 with CVT.
A Manual Touring Sedan is 3077
A Manual Civic Si is 2906.
A base Civic Sedan is 2877.
A base Hatchback is 2928.

As the hatch is also the CTR base car it's possible that the hatch bodies have a bit more bracing built into them than the sedan does to take the flex of tracking the CTR, or its the weight of having more metal/glass from the hatch and having to brace that rear more from flex since its got a much larger opening.

Either way I'm not to worried about it. I expect it to be about 3200-3300, its only a little more than a GTi wish also uses great interior materials.

Also the Integra is still about 10in shorter than the Accord so that places it as an in-between type of car. So its like JDM the lineup would be Honda Civic, Integra, Accord, TLX.
I believe the Sedan only comes with a CVT, so the 3077 is with a CVT. Maybe Acura can keep the weight around 3100-3150 LB. I think the Accord is 192” long, so the Integra would be 6” shorter. The Accord EX weighs around 3200 LB, which is pretty light for its size.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I believe the Sedan only comes with a CVT, so the 3077 is with a CVT. Maybe Acura can keep the weight around 3100-3150 LB. I think the Accord is 192” long, so the Integra would be 6” shorter. The Accord EX weighs around 3200 LB, which is pretty light for its size.
The source I had found said 196", and looking around more it seems to be the ONLY source that says 196, strange.

For weight I'd probably look more to the Accord Sport as that's likely more feature comparison to the Integra, and its 3,208 with a CVT. If it's the same CVT as the Civic then its 66lbs, so the Accord with a manual would weigh 3142. Only 106 more than a civic hatch.

Last edited:

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The source I had found said 196", and looking around more it seems to be the ONLY source that says 196, strange.
Sorry, I think you are right. I got my info from Edmunds, which must be wrong. Honda’s website says 196”. The 1.5T EX that weighs only 3220 LB is even more impressive then in weight reduction.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt