• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
The new Integra will be about the same length as a Jetta (which is 185.2 inches).

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The new Integra will be about the same length as a Jetta (which is 185.2 inches).
The integra is going to have issues the same way the TLX has issues (specifically in it's reviews and comparisons) in that the price and power is more closely matched to one class of car, but the dimensions are closer to the next class up.

TLX price and power is closer to compete with the A4/S4 but the size/weight makes it more of an A5/A6.
Integra power/price will compete with the A3/S3 but the size/weight puts it against more the A4/S4.

The issue with this is that the car then seems under powered compared to cars of a similar size OR they seem heavy and large compared to cars of similar power/price. It's definitely going to be a tweener splitting the difference of compact/mid size offerings while the TLX splits the difference of mid size/large offerings. Not always a bad thing, sometimes what people want/need doesn't fit perfectly into those predetermined categories.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
So, when I overlay the Integra prototype and the 22 Civic Hatch...
- First image is matching the wheelbase (Integra ends up shorter than the civic hatch, which it shouldn't be)
- Second is scaling the Integra to be ~6" longer (per recent info that it's 1-2" longer than the sedan/6-7" longer than the hatch)
- Third image is just for fun - for those who still think it's a replica of the Crosstour :)
image001.png
image002.png

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, when I overlay the Integra prototype and the 22 Civic Hatch...
- First image is matching the wheelbase (Integra ends up shorter than the civic hatch, which it shouldn't be)
- Second is scaling the Integra to be ~6" longer (per recent info that it's 1-2" longer than the sedan/6-7" longer than the hatch)
- Third image is just for fun - for those who still think it's a replica of the Crosstour :)
I mean, when I did my overlay I managed to get the wheel wells, windows, windshield, and roofline etc all matched up almost perfectly to the sedan. The only difference was probably 2" added onto the back overhang. I did an overlay with that same picture of the hatch, and I think the angle of the shot is skewing things because It ended up more or less the same for me as it did in yours. Any slight change in angle of the shots makes a difference.

I used the civic sedan prototype to compare and it was spot on with what acura had said.

I did another overlay, with a different shot of the hatch. In this one you can see the added length, though it appears to be split front and rear in overhang, AND the roofline of the integra appears lower. But again, my comparison to the sedan was much closer in terms of thing roofline, etc. It really comes down to getting an exact angle of the shot to compare, which in this case, the sedan prototype seems to match that angle better than the hatch.

Compared to Hatch....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 2.10.36 PM.png

Compared to Sedan prototype...
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 2.12.51 PM.png

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
You guys are geniuses!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
I mean, when I did my overlay I managed to get the wheel wells, windows, windshield, and roofline etc all matched up almost perfectly to the sedan. The only difference was probably 2" added onto the back overhang. I did an overlay with that same picture of the hatch, and I think the angle of the shot is skewing things because It ended up more or less the same for me as it did in yours. Any slight change in angle of the shots makes a difference.

I used the civic sedan prototype to compare and it was spot on with what acura had said.

I did another overlay, with a different shot of the hatch. In this one you can see the added length, though it appears to be split front and rear in overhang, AND the roofline of the integra appears lower. But again, my comparison to the sedan was much closer in terms of thing roofline, etc. It really comes down to getting an exact angle of the shot to compare, which in this case, the sedan prototype seems to match that angle better than the hatch.

Compared to Hatch....

Compared to Sedan prototype...
Makes sense. I thought both shots where pretty much straight profiles, but I guess even different lenses could through it off. :thumbsup:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Makes sense. I thought both shots where pretty much straight profiles, but I guess even different lenses could through it off. :thumbsup:
Extremely true. If one photographer used a wide angle lense, that would be more than enough to skew things

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The integra is going to have issues the same way the TLX has issues (specifically in it's reviews and comparisons) in that the price and power is more closely matched to one class of car, but the dimensions are closer to the next class up.

TLX price and power is closer to compete with the A4/S4 but the size/weight makes it more of an A5/A6.
Integra power/price will compete with the A3/S3 but the size/weight puts it against more the A4/S4.

The issue with this is that the car then seems under powered compared to cars of a similar size OR they seem heavy and large compared to cars of similar power/price. It's definitely going to be a tweener splitting the difference of compact/mid size offerings while the TLX splits the difference of mid size/large offerings. Not always a bad thing, sometimes what people want/need doesn't fit perfectly into those predetermined categories.
The issue with the TLX and what I hope they correct with the integra is interior space. For its size, it has last in class rear leg room for example. Even though it’s the longest in its class. Rear leg room has more to do with wheel base. So even though it looks cool. It wasn’t designed efficiently.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
I'm slightly less concerned with the overall size. While i definitely would prefer a smaller car (something closer to my civic coupe) in size... I was at the same time cross shopping cars like the Accord Sport and Kia K5... while it is more car than I NEED I'm not really all that concerned with size if I like the styling, and price/performance are on point to what I want, and the Integra will still be smaller than both of those large sedans. At this point it sadly getting to the point of "at least it's not a crossover" when it comes to finding anything with smaller dimensions that isn't an outright sports car. As long as proportions are done right, actual inches and centimeters don't concern me too much (like the TLX which is a large vehicle, but those proportions are damn near perfection).

It might also be worth noting, a new redesigned Accord is probably going to hit the market in about a years time (after the crossovers get their refreshes) and given that the civic grew, most likely the accord will grow again as well, probably closer to TLX dimensions adding a few inches of length and width to keep it separated from the civic. We've already seen spy shots for the HRV, CRV, Pilot and they all appear to be growing by a fair amount as the larger crossovers move to Acura's small truck platform and the HRV moves up to the civic platform. "Small" has become a relative term mostly just meaning not a total boat, and we can't really compare these new cars to their ancestors from 20-30 years ago.
I think it really comes down to weight or LB/HP. I went back and looked and my 2010 TSX was 185.6” long, weighed 3470 LB and had 201 HP. Handling was not the greatest, even though it had DWB upfront. If Acura can keep the weight of the Integra around 3150LB and give it 210 HP with a DCT, I think it will be good. The Type-S with 300 HP and 3400 LB would be good as well. Now, if they give it 200 HP and it weighs 3300-3400, I will probably pass on it, unless the Type-S really wows me.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
I actually just stood next to a new Civic sedan. One is in my work parking lot. It feels smaller than the 10th Gen my brother has. I'm not sure if it actually is but the car feels small. If the Integra is just 2 in longer, I'm VERY pleased with that. I'ts also about 2.5in shorter than my Mustang.
They are tiny, it's just like when the 10th gen came out, people said it was too big until they saw it next to the 9th gen. The biggest difference was the hood not sloping down as much which made it look significantly bigger without a reference car. The longish hood had the same effect for the 11th gen. Obviously 7th gen and before are hugely smaller but those days are long gone.

The 11th gen sedan feels much more "civic" than the 10th gen sedan, I love seeing them around more and more since it's the most popular body style (also rip coupe)

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
They are tiny, it's just like when the 10th gen came out, people said it was too big until they saw it next to the 9th gen. The biggest difference was the hood not sloping down as much which made it look significantly bigger without a reference car. The longish hood had the same effect for the 11th gen. Obviously 7th gen and before are hugely smaller but those days are long gone.

The 11th gen sedan feels much more "civic" than the 10th gen sedan, I love seeing them around more and more since it's the most popular body style (also rip coupe)
Tell that to the guy with a 2020 Si bitching about how long it is and that the Integra is unusable because its 2in longer lol

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si
Remember when those rumors of a hybrid AWD Type-R were floating around? I'm starting to think it was actually the Integra Type-S. Acura already has a tech they just need it implement it.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Remember when those rumors of a hybrid AWD Type-R were floating around? I'm starting to think it was actually the Integra Type-S. Acura already has a tech they just need it implement it.
The tech is there yes but it’s more of linking the 2.0T with that tech. I feel like those might have been rumours for the new Hybrid Integra/Civic coming next year.