• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Squeaky / creak noise from driver seat?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Anyone having a noisy seat? Mine makes noise if I adjust myself in the seat or as I turn around corners. I’m guessing it’s the seat rail. Maybe needs a tiny bit of lube.

If you had this issue, how’d you resolve?

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I got that one time after picking up from the dealer. Assumed either I got fatter or somebody fatter than me had test driven before giving it back to me. Then it never happened again and that is my resolution.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ended up taking it to the dealer a couple days ago. They ordered a “hinge” since there appears to be some flex in one of the seat rail mounts compared to the other side. It’s on backorder of course, so they’ll call me when it comes in. I think I saw a TSB for the Civic about it, so it might make it to the Integra too.

Even though I was at 40% oil life and 3k miles, the service advisor agreed to change out my oil as part of the 2yr free maintenance. 😎

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I ended up taking it to the dealer a couple days ago. They ordered a “hinge” since there appears to be some flex in one of the seat rail mounts compared to the other side. It’s on backorder of course, so they’ll call me when it comes in. I think I saw a TSB for the Civic about it, so it might make it to the Integra too.

Even though I was at 40% oil life and 3k miles, the service advisor agreed to change out my oil as part of the 2yr free maintenance. 😎
I should have tried getting mine done when I was in last. 40% life at 3k? I'm at 3k and at 70% life?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think 40% was a stretch, so the most likely would have declined at 70%. Who knows, dealer still gets compensated by Acura anyway.

The majority of my trips in the past few months have been nearby, so that affects the oil life and the Minder in our cars.

I’m sure you drive longer distances on average.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I think 40% was a stretch, so the most likely would have declined at 70%. Who knows, dealer still gets compensated by Acura anyway.

The majority of my trips in the past few months have been nearby, so that affects the oil life and the Minder in our cars.

I’m sure you drive longer distances on average.
I checked today and it has dropped to 60% but I find it doubtful that I average longer distances. I work 2 miles from home. This close distance has given me anxiety that the "complimentary" maintenance is too far as DI engines do not like short trips. Maybe it is time related as well. I just hit 4 months.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, time is a factor as well. I hit 6 months just recently.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Yes, time is a factor as well. I hit 6 months just recently.
Based on that sounds like there's a -10%/month or so built in

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I had a rather noisy seat in the Sep-Nov timeframe. Like yours, it would make a creaking noise as I went around corners. I would hear it in normal driving, going around roundabouts would usually cause it, but it was very unpredictable.

It has simply quieted itself down, I haven't heard any seat noise at all in at least 2 months.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wanted to add that I took my car to the dealer yesterday. They replaced the inner hinge that connects the seat back to the seat bottom. Now everything is back to being quiet.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
My driver seat is so creaky on start/stops/shifting all of a sudden. I can also make the sound by wiggling back and forth.

I encourage people to take advantage of their dealer warranty. The more reports of issues the better for the community!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have the same squeak but only notice it getting in the car

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Now that the weather is warming back up, my driver's seat has begun creaking again, quite consistently. Lateral load is the worst, roundabouts do it more than anything else. I am going to take it in for warranty work and will report back with my results.

hybridanime49

First Name
hybridanime49
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra a-spec
I've been experiencing the squeaky noise on the drivers seat as well. This started as I hit 2k on the odometer. Thanks JC-RH for making this post and addressing this issue. The squeak gets annoying