• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So what exactly is the Data Sharing Notification we're getting, actually sharing ?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
We need to schedule a big meet. We can all argue in person!
We probably need to be selective. Don't need to be preached at in person. Karen can stay home 🤣.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
We need to schedule a big meet. We can all argue in person!
That would be awesome! The meeting part. Lol I'm planning on going to the tail of the dragon Type R/S meet - probably next year but there's one in October too. I think the spring one is busier.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
We probably need to be selective. Don't need to be preached at in person. Karen can stay home 🤣.
There are certain people you can profile their intelligence and character through what they post. I have less than zero desire to actually talk to these people in person, and I hope that's mutual.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
The hate will never stop, because people literally die because of this activity. Speed kills. Every. Single. Day.

Just because you think you have some innate ability to control what others can't doesn't mean that the rules that were created to control this behavior don't apply to you.

That's what is called entitlement.

You apparently have a line in your head that separates you from these "idiots", right? But on the surface, you actually think the same thoughts as these "idiots", and your crusade to "stop the hate" only enables their activity.

And while it appears you can put two thoughts together on these forums occasionally, I don't know you or anyone on here from Adam, so I don't trust you when you say you don't drive like an idiot. I have zero evidence of that. And now with this data collection thing, your insurance company has evidence to the contrary.
Rules are made with a goal in mind and cannot be tailor made to the infinite possibilities one could face. That's why there is a court system and judges, to go over edge cases.

They are also made for the average person not the exceptions. Unfortunately as a modern society we have decided it's acceptable to handicap the above average in favor of preserving the less than mediocre. Forget driving, just look at taxes where an amazing doctor is essentially limited to what effort he exerts because the tax burden and regulations becomes so onerous they decide to work less or worse flee to a region they can get their full worth.

Entitlement is believing you deserve something that you didn't earn. As you said, you don't know me so while I appreciate that you acknowledge that fact (many don't even do that) it's still quite condescending to not give the benefit of the doubt.

I feel like I have more than covered all I need to in my series of posts so I'll end with this mental exercise which can help determine if someone is a thinking driver or an automaton.

There's a T intersection along a one way road. There are two stop signs, one stop along the flow of the one way (throughput) and the second for people turning right onto it. One day they decide to do work on the side road and complete block it off with concrete barriers, no one can pass.

Question: They didn't remove the stop sign, do you still come to a stop?

The automaton response, yes because it's a stop sign and that's the law so I'm going to do my full stop. A thinking driver would question that the stop is there to prevent a Tbone crash, however since the street is now blocked, the stop sign is effectively (temporarily) useless so why stop?

It's not the belief that we're above the law, that ALL stop signs don't apply to us, but a full understanding of why it exists in the first place that allows us to pick and choose what we observe while still maintaining the spirit of them and NPC drivers lose their shit because to them it does not compute.

abjX4F.gif

Bonus scenario, I'd also roll the stop turning right onto the side street after the construction wraps up because that particular intersection provides no realistic situation where you experience a collision turning right.

Speed is the same and the only difference is that people have been purposely whipped up into an emotional frenzy about it and the establishments like it that way.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rules are made with a goal in mind and cannot be tailor made to the infinite possibilities one could face. That's why there is a court system and judges, to go over edge cases.

They are also made for the average person not the exceptions. Unfortunately as a modern society we have decided it's acceptable to handicap the above average in favor of preserving the less than mediocre. Forget driving, just look at taxes where an amazing doctor is essentially limited to what effort he exerts because the tax burden and regulations becomes so onerous they decide to work less or worse flee to a region they can get their full worth.

Entitlement is believing you deserve something that you didn't earn. As you said, you don't know me so while I appreciate that you acknowledge that fact (many don't even do that) it's still quite condescending to not give the benefit of the doubt.

I feel like I have more than covered all I need to in my series of posts so I'll end with this mental exercise which can help determine if someone is a thinking driver or an automaton.

There's a T intersection along a one way road. There are two stop signs, one stop along the flow of the one way (throughput) and the second for people turning right onto it. One day they decide to do work on the side road and complete block it off with concrete barriers, no one can pass.

Question: They didn't remove the stop sign, do you still come to a stop?

The automaton response, yes because it's a stop sign and that's the law so I'm going to do my full stop. A thinking driver would question that the stop is there to prevent a Tbone crash, however since the street is now blocked, the stop sign is effectively (temporarily) useless so why stop?

It's not the belief that we're above the law, that ALL stop signs don't apply to us, but a full understanding of why it exists in the first place that allows us to pick and choose what we observe while still maintaining the spirit of them and NPC drivers lose their shit because to them it does not compute.

abjX4F.gif

Bonus scenario, I'd also roll the stop turning right onto the side street after the construction wraps up because that particular intersection provides no realistic situation where you experience a collision turning right.

Speed is the same and the only difference is that people have been purposely whipped up into an emotional frenzy about it and the establishments like it that way.
Again, nonsense. But I respect your attempt because you at least put effort into your response. You and I can get along, even if we agree to disagree.

Anyway, it is entitlement, because you think you've "earned" the right to determine what rules should apply to you because of what, some special DNA sequence that makes your brain process events faster than others?

You're dancing all around the reality but you just refuse to accept it- that yes, we as a society must occasionally cater to the least common denominator. Because let's just say we raised the speed limit to 120, or whatever you think is appropriate. Just because you think you can handle doing that speed- and who knows, for sake of argument let's just assume that you can "handle" it- doesn't mean I feel comfortable with EVERYONE trying to do that speed.

You basically concede the whole point- stop signs and all traffic laws exist because we want to take as much of the thinking out of driving as we can. Because the least common denominator, some dipshit oblivious to the world for any number of reasons including immutable stupidity, blows through an intersection because there ISN'T a stop sign and they don't possess the sense to come to that conclusion on their own. We're putting machinery capable of killing easily in the hands of people who can't differentiate between the usage of "your" and "you're" as native English speakers with literally daily exposure to it for decades. You seriously want to leave these types of decisions up to them?

It really isn't that hard of a concept to understand, and I don't think it's even necessary to go down any political rat holes. Or conflating it with stop sign scenarios or ancient gifs but obviously you see I can play along because I can have a conversation with you. So far.

As for not giving you the benefit of the doubt, I don't think you should take offense for that. People have a tendency of giving themselves way more credit than they deserve, and on these forums it should be widely understood that there just isn't enough sample size to know much of anything about the person behind the posts, which occur in a very non-conversational manner. I'm sure I can come across completely differently in person than on here, and I'm at least fully aware of that. That doesn't mean I'd like to meet everyone in person. Hardly. But I understand that expectations rarely meet reality when meeting someone in person vs online.

So my point is that idiots tend to not know that they are idiots themselves, so who am I to judge someone's driving habits based on their post history?

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Excuse me for reviving an old thread, but perhaps I can offer some peace of mind to those concerned about this (I was). I've been researching this for 2 months now and was told by two different techs at Honda In-Car Technology Support (888-528-7876) that the ITS does not have a TCU (Telematics Control Unit) so it is incapable of transmitting any data. This is further supported by the attachments sent to me by @jayy_swish: Comparing the DE4 (A-Spec w/ Tech) to the DE5 you'll see that the the TCU is missing on the DE5. This conclusion is further supported by looking for fuse #26 in your engine fuse box (marked TCU). My car has no fuse there. I hope this means that no one is spying on us, at least as long as your phone is turned off.

View attachment B-CAN Communication Line (KA USA DE4) (Computers and Control Systems) - Aspec wTech.pdf

View attachment B-CAN Communication Line (KA USA DE5) (Computers and Control Systems) - ITS.pdf
First off, as a former Spa Yellow 2003 S2000 owner I think its really neat that you still have yours. I miss mine nearly every day during the spring and summer.

I also wanted to add that for the TCU, are we sure the T is for Telemetry and not Transmission? Obviously the DE5 has a manual and thus won't have all of the extra compute associated with a CVT or an automatic. I'm wondering if the Integra A Spec shows the TCU fuse because its available with a CVT?

To further add to this, I've got a 2022 Accord 2.0T with the 10spd auto. It has 4 (!!) TCU fuses in the engine bay fuse box. I pulled them for science and the transmission wouldn't work at all, warning lights on the dash "transmission malfunction, see dealer". I slowly added the fuses back one by one, I needed all of them in place before the car would shift out of park and drive. One of the fuses, IG1 TCU wouldn't even allow the car to start unless I re-inserted it. I think Honda may be using TCU interchangeably and in the engine bay fuse box, I think the T means Transmission.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First off, as a former Spa Yellow 2003 S2000 owner I think its really neat that you still have yours. I miss mine nearly every day during the spring and summer.

I also wanted to add that for the TCU, are we sure the T is for Telemetry and not Transmission? Obviously the DE5 has a manual and thus won't have all of the extra compute associated with a CVT or an automatic. I'm wondering if the Integra A Spec shows the TCU fuse because its available with a CVT?

To further add to this, I've got a 2022 Accord 2.0T with the 10spd auto. It has 4 (!!) TCU fuses in the engine bay fuse box. I pulled them for science and the transmission wouldn't work at all, warning lights on the dash "transmission malfunction, see dealer". I slowly added the fuses back one by one, I needed all of them in place before the car would shift out of park and drive. One of the fuses, IG1 TCU wouldn't even allow the car to start unless I re-inserted it. I think Honda may be using TCU interchangeably and in the engine bay fuse box, I think the T means Transmission.
Nope, definitely a Telematics Control Unit we're talking about.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/ah/b3s52424iom/enu/details/guide06.html#

Note the * denoting it's not applicable to all models.

Generative AI can be useful too; here's what Google tells me:

Google AI overview said:
The 2024 Acura Integra's Telematics Control Unit (TCU) automatically searches for software updates for the 9-in color touchscreen and connected devices every four weeks via the TCU. The TCU is an embedded hardware and software system that controls wireless communication, diagnostics, and tracking to and from the vehicle. It connects the vehicle to the cloud, improves safety, and enables automatic emergency calls.

The TCU is made up of the following components:
  • Satellite navigation (GNSS) unit
  • External interface for mobile communication
  • Electronic processing unit
  • Microcontroller, microprocessor, or field programmable gate array (FPGA)
  • Mobile communication unit
  • Memory
  • Battery module
The TCU uses V2X standards over a cellular network to connect the vehicle to other vehicles or cloud services. It also sends tracked values to a centralized geographical information system (GIS) database server.

The TCU is usually located in the center of the car, behind the dash, but it can also be found in the trunk, back stowage, or storage compartment.
While there may be reference to a "transmission control unit" somewhere, I've usually seen it referenced as Transmission Control Module, or TCM.

1711994584808.gif

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
1715262379813-i9.gif

"Auto makers, armed only with the weapon of confusion."