• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So what exactly is the Data Sharing Notification we're getting, actually sharing ?

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
What makes your interpretation any better than an insurance company?
I'm not saying I'm absolutely correct, I'm open to be proved wrong or evolving my position on the matter but I have yet to hear an argument that comes even close to have me question my current understanding.

For Insurance companies, they don't have the full data set nor the computational bandwidth to accurately assess risk factors. How many people who never get tickets, never crash but regularly drive well above the speed limit are not factored into rates. All they see is that when a bad driver crashes, speed is an aggravating factor that costs them more money and that's why it's a consideration for them.

However take a step back, insurance companies are there to make money. Do you not think they have a very heavy incentive to pretend someone is more risky to get a higher premium out of them? For argument sake let's say they had a crystal ball and could guarantee someone would never make a claim. Do you think they'd drop their rate to near zero? F**k no, and I bet my last dollar they'd be salivating at the opportunity to raise their rates if the person got a speeding ticket even though they know that they will never need to pay out to this person.

The only thing keeping them somewhat in line is competition.

I think the best solution insurance wise would be that insurance companies can't factor speeding into premiums but they can legally deny a claim if an accident happens and the driver was more than 50% over the speed limit.

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Shame on you for speeding.
Your article lists mostly road rage, gun violence ,careless driving, and aggressive driving. Only one mentions speeding tickets. I don't remember anyone on here stating they were swerving and cutting people off then pulling a gun on them. Seems like you generalized that everyone on here are reckless road rage drivers.
Maybe your right since I do lower my tire pressure for the sustained speeds of 130+mph on the freeways😜.
Hey sorry to butt in here but out of interest of safety your supposed to raise tire pressure for high speed driving.

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-garage/how-do-i-adjust-tire-air-pressure-for-high-speed-driving#

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm not saying I'm absolutely correct, I'm open to be proved wrong or evolving my position on the matter but I have yet to hear an argument that comes even close to have me question my current understanding.

For Insurance companies, they don't have the full data set nor the computational bandwidth to accurately assess risk factors. How many people who never get tickets, never crash but regularly drive well above the speed limit are not factored into rates. All they see is that when a bad driver crashes, speed is an aggravating factor that costs them more money and that's why it's a consideration for them.

However take a step back, insurance companies are there to make money. Do you not think they have a very heavy incentive to pretend someone is more risky to get a higher premium out of them? For argument sake let's say they had a crystal ball and could guarantee someone would never make a claim. Do you think they'd drop their rate to near zero? F**k no, and I bet my last dollar they'd be salivating at the opportunity to raise their rates if the person got a speeding ticket even though they know that they will never need to pay out to this person.

The only thing keeping them somewhat in line is competition.

I think the best solution insurance wise would be that insurance companies can't factor speeding into premiums but they can legally deny a claim if an accident happens and the driver was more than 50% over the speed limit.
I'm not going to disagree with you here. I've already stated multiple times on this and other boards insurance companies are the devil. I was just trying to illustrate a point.

I'm not here to win an argument. I just want you guys to use your brains a little more.

What is indisputable is this type of shit happens literally every day, oftentimes with FAR worse consequences, and you're lying to yourself if you don't think it could happen to you. For anyone keeping track, it was the first thing I clicked on from a google search of "idiot driver":

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm not going to disagree with you here. I've already stated multiple times on this and other boards insurance companies are the devil. I was just trying to illustrate a point.

I'm not here to win an argument. I just want you guys to use your brains a little more.

What is indisputable is this type of shit happens literally every day, oftentimes with FAR worse consequences, and you're lying to yourself if you don't think it could happen to you. For anyone keeping track, it was the first thing I clicked on from a google search of "idiot driver":

That's reckless driving weaving around in the rain with traffic. Not a, it's a sunny day and no traffic I'm gonna rev out some gears on this on ramp.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's reckless driving weaving around in the rain with traffic. Not a, it's a sunny day and no traffic I'm gonna rev out some gears on this on ramp.
I get it, you never do any of this stuff. Then I'm still trying to figure out why you keep trying to defend yourself...?

If it isn't clear by now, I've seen this shit MANY TIMES with my own two eyes. I know it happens. So when I hear people try to defend their admittedly illegal driving habits, my common sense kicks in and attributes that philosophy with this type of behavior.

I don't think there's a fallacy there. I am 100% positive this guy in this video and all others like him share the same beliefs you two are going on about. Do you think I'm wrong?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I get it, you never do any of this stuff. Then I'm still trying to figure out why you keep trying to defend yourself...?

If it isn't clear by now, I've seen this shit MANY TIMES with my own two eyes. I know it happens. So when I hear people try to defend their admittedly illegal driving habits, my common sense kicks in and attributes that philosophy with this type of behavior.

I don't think there's a fallacy there. I am 100% positive this guy in this video and all others like him share the same beliefs you two are going on about. Do you think I'm wrong?
Your the one who stood on a soap box. I just said stay in the right lane.
Then you later admitted to speeding yourself. 😂

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
it seems some have become a bit cynical these days.

I think the data collection ultimately does more harm than good. unfortunately the bad drivers bring this upon all of us. I could see if the monitoring was a reauiremnt by insurance companies for individuals with a record of accidents or other driver’s reports of their bad driving. But to monitor everyone at all times as a blanket solution is intrusive and ultimately just used a way to collect more money these companies paying for the data wouldn’t have gotten otherwise.
And to think; it may just get worse in due time :/

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
it seems some have become a bit cynical these days.

I think the data collection ultimately does more harm than good. unfortunately the bad drivers bring this upon all of us. I could see if the monitoring was a reauiremnt by insurance companies for individuals with a record of accidents or other driver’s reports of their bad driving. But to monitor everyone at all times as a blanket solution is intrusive and ultimately just used a way to collect more money these companies paying for the data wouldn’t have gotten otherwise.
And to think; it may just get worse in due time :/
Very true. Your phone already collects this information.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS

I get heated on this matter because people (I'm not necessarily saying you in particular) vilify my vehicular behavior by comparing my supposed actions to people who I too would consider idiots.

Case and point, the video you posted, the car was driving fast and that's about where the similarities end.

My analysis: First it's a standard passenger car, probably on some eco tires that perform like garbage. This in the rain, the worst kind; light rain. It's because it makes all the oil on the road come out (slippery), but not heavy enough to wash it away. Moreover the Idiot braked too late coming up on traffic, a good driver can usually engine brake from their speed and join at a safe following distance without the use of a brake and finally look carefully and the moron uses the shoulder to pass. Regardless of speed, it's one of the most dangerous things you can do given the build up of debris, rocks and sand. That's what ultimately caused the crash and their speed made it worse.

I fully condemn shit like that and it's this type of bad driving that makes people think that goosing it to 125 in the right conditions is "dangerous" when it's not the same at all.

The above assesment is only a little taste of the process that happens when I'm behind the wheel and I believe it's what allows me to drive safely despite the Killjoys out there.

I too am not trying to win an argument with you, more so trying stop the hate for something so misunderstood.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get heated on this matter because people (I'm not necessarily saying you in particular) vilify my vehicular behavior by comparing my supposed actions to people who I too would consider idiots.

Case and point, the video you posted, the car was driving fast and that's about where the similarities end.

My analysis: First it's a standard passenger car, probably on some eco tires that perform like garbage. This in the rain, the worst kind; light rain. It's because it makes all the oil on the road come out (slippery), but not heavy enough to wash it away. Moreover the Idiot braked too late coming up on traffic, a good driver can usually engine brake from their speed and join at a safe following distance without the use of a brake and finally look carefully and the moron uses the shoulder to pass. Regardless of speed, it's one of the most dangerous things you can do given the build up of debris, rocks and sand. That's what ultimately caused the crash and their speed made it worse.

I fully condemn shit like that and it's this type of bad driving that makes people think that goosing it to 125 in the right conditions is "dangerous" when it's not the same at all.

The above assesment is only a little taste of the process that happens when I'm behind the wheel and I believe it's what allows me to drive safely despite the Killjoys out there.

I too am not trying to win an argument with you, more so trying stop the hate for something so misunderstood.
The hate will never stop, because people literally die because of this activity. Speed kills. Every. Single. Day.

Just because you think you have some innate ability to control what others can't doesn't mean that the rules that were created to control this behavior don't apply to you.

That's what is called entitlement.

You apparently have a line in your head that separates you from these "idiots", right? But on the surface, you actually think the same thoughts as these "idiots", and your crusade to "stop the hate" only enables their activity.

And while it appears you can put two thoughts together on these forums occasionally, I don't know you or anyone on here from Adam, so I don't trust you when you say you don't drive like an idiot. I have zero evidence of that. And now with this data collection thing, your insurance company has evidence to the contrary!

Your the one who stood on a soap box. I just said stay in the right lane.
Then you later admitted to speeding yourself. 😂
So this was when your account got hacked right?

Just did a 600 miles round trip today... Hopefully it wasn't spying cause I had some fun with a S4.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The hate will never stop, because people literally die because of this activity. Speed kills. Every. Single. Day.

Just because you think you have some innate ability to control what others can't doesn't mean that the rules that were created to control this behavior don't apply to you.

That's what is called entitlement.

You apparently have a line in your head that separates you from these "idiots", right? But on the surface, you actually think the same thoughts as these "idiots", and your crusade to "stop the hate" only enables their activity.

And while it appears you can put two thoughts together on these forums occasionally, I don't know you or anyone on here from Adam, so I don't trust you when you say you don't drive like an idiot. I have zero evidence of that. And now with this data collection thing, your insurance company has evidence to the contrary!

So this was when your account got hacked right?
Tell me you have a Prius as a daily driver and you tow your Type S with it to the track. I wouldn't want you to exceed any speed limits.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tell me you have a Prius as a daily driver and you tow your Type S with it to the track. I wouldn't want you to exceed any speed limits.
Some people are worth going back and forth with. You're not one of them.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!