• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Short Test Drive Comparison with ‘23 6MT

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Took the ITS for a test drive while I was getting maintenance on my 23 6MT. It was a short run but I was surprised about how much smoother the type s felt shifting into first and second. Maybe a minor point for some people but the car definitely felt a lot better in low gear. Merging into high speed traffic was also better (obviously).

Type S specific observations:
  1. The triple exhaust looks more impressive in person.
  2. The slight gap where they attach the flaring to the rear passenger doors was disappointing.
  3. The exhaust pops in Sport+ sound awesome in person.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
So it doesnt sit flush against the door? Is the gap at least even?

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Not on the two units I saw but maybe others can comment. The gap is even but it does stand out when compared with to molded flares on the front and rear or the vehicle.

I’m nitpicking though. The test drive convinced me that I’ll upgrade next year.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Curious to hear your comparison of exhaust note at idle, steering and clutch weight versus the A Spec. Love my A Spec but would like a louder note and heavier steering.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Curious to hear your comparison of exhaust note at idle, steering and clutch weight versus the A Spec. Love my A Spec but would like a louder note and heavier steering.
I’m not a good judge but I will say my aspec steering felt a lot lighter when I got back in it. I didn’t listen much at idle but I thought it might have sounded slighter deeper than the aspec. I was focused more on the shifter than the clutch. It felt different somehow, not immediately familiar from the aspec. Maybe it was just the knob.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Well you got the experience I was hoping for today. No ITS were on the lot for me. Big sad. A better clutch + better motor mounts + more power + better noise would be my list of improvements I want from my aspec in that order.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well you got the experience I was hoping for today. No ITS were on the lot for me. Big sad. A better clutch + better motor mounts + more power + better noise would be my list of improvements I want from my aspec in that order.
That pretty much sums it up from my experience.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Not on the two units I saw but maybe others can comment. The gap is even but it does stand out when compared with to molded flares on the front and rear or the vehicle.

I’m nitpicking though. The test drive convinced me that I’ll upgrade next year.
It's a bummer they couldn't just mold it into the doors but it's not that bad - just looks a bit less polished compared to the rest of the car.

To be fair, the GR-Corolla does the same thing with the rear doors.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Not my idea of perfect on the rear haunches either, but it does have that widebody look and most normal people just know it looks cool, and just don't have an eye for the details like us car guys do. Definitely would have been cool if they molded it in but that would have required some new parts, so I get it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The fender thing is a perfect example of the effect of echo chambers. Personally I like the "tacked on" look more than the "molded" look of the Type R. Even in the front where it is "molded", it has a more pronounced flare that reminds me of old-school EVOs. It's more aggressive and as others have noted, "normal" people instantly recognize its presence and it doesn't need a big wing to have that effect.

That look is pretty much what got me interested, and how it drives is why I bought the car.