• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear black emblem install with white background.

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-spec Integra CVT w/ Tech pack
Mirroring apexit53's post. Installed the rear black emblem and made the background white.

Used dental floss to cut through the the three adhesive strips.
Used a flexible but sturdy card to pop the emblem and base off the trunk.
used my finger tip to rub off and remove an leftover adhesive, comes off real easy

Now on the back of the emblem/base combo, removing the metal retaining clips is easy, but you will most likely damage the posts that the emblem uses to mount through the base, it is plastic. so unless you're REALLY careful, you won't be able to reuse the chrome emblem. Be careful not to damage the base's post that mount to the car.

Now with the emblem removed, the base plate will have a vinyl black background. I used a hair dryer on high, for about 45 to 60 seconds to soften up on one of the edges. using my finger nail i was able to peel up just a bit to get a good grip and pull the whole piece off. Now you should be left with a base that's the same color as your car

Adhere the new emblem by removing the film covering the adhesive strips on the new emblem, line up the posts with firmly insert the posts, and pressing where the adhesives are on the top and bottom.

Flip over and press on the 2 new metal retaining clips, nice and firm. But be careful not to break the posts. press evenly on each side of the clips at the same time until snug against the back of the base, you don't want any gaps between the clips and the base.

Remove all remaining old adhesive, remove the yellow protective strip from the new adhesive and stick on the strips that came with the new emblem to the back of the base in the original locations, don't remove the red protective film until you're just about to mount it to the car.

install the new white retention clips in the trunk mounting holes. If you were lucky, the original ones held fast when you remove the base, and they can be used again
Wipe down and clean the area where the emblem/base will be installed. use 70% isopropyl alcohol, or the alcohol wipes around where the adhesives will stick.

Remove the Red protective film to expose the adhesive.

Carefully line up the posts on the base with the mounting holes in the trunk and firmly insert and press and hold for about 30 seconds. I pressed hard enough that it moved the car to make sure i had a good bond.

Before
messages_0.jpeg

Afiter
messages_0 (1).jpeg

Would love your insight and thoughts on the instructions.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
this work for the oem chrome one?

Would love some more photos of the steps but great write up!

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
this work for the oem chrome one?

Would love some more photos of the steps but great write up!
As soon as I started mounting it I kicked myself for not taking pics of the process.

The stock chrome one will most likely not come off width damaging the posts that mount it to the base. They're thin plastic pieces. And the metal retaining clips have a death grip on them. As you pull up on them, they dig into the plastic and will snap off.

I would recommend having a replacement chrome one, as the chances of the posts breaking are really high, as well as new metal retainer clips.

(image from someone else's mod) the posts in the middle are very fragile and will most likely snap when you attempt to remove the clips.
Screenshot 2023-04-02 155545.png

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m so glad I saw this post just days before my black badges showed up. It looks so much better than just the black circle!
B0D9E722-E848-4576-A2A2-FF6157D93966.jpeg
It definitely makes it "pop" more for sure! I'm thankful it was vinyl and not panted.

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the same color car and think this is awesome. I wish I didnt have the dealer install the black badges now! UGH
Well the badge is around 55$ at some dealer ships If you wanna try yourself. Or be very precise with an exacto knife, cut around the emblem, then use a heat gun on low or a hair dryer to soften the glue for the vinyl and then peel it away. Just a thought.

23Integra

First Name
Mychal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX / 2023 integra
Mirroring apexit53's post. Installed the rear black emblem and made the background white.

Used dental floss to cut through the the three adhesive strips.
Used a flexible but sturdy card to pop the emblem and base off the trunk.
used my finger tip to rub off and remove an leftover adhesive, comes off real easy

Now on the back of the emblem/base combo, removing the metal retaining clips is easy, but you will most likely damage the posts that the emblem uses to mount through the base, it is plastic. so unless you're REALLY careful, you won't be able to reuse the chrome emblem. Be careful not to damage the base's post that mount to the car.

Now with the emblem removed, the base plate will have a vinyl black background. I used a hair dryer on high, for about 45 to 60 seconds to soften up on one of the edges. using my finger nail i was able to peel up just a bit to get a good grip and pull the whole piece off. Now you should be left with a base that's the same color as your car

Adhere the new emblem by removing the film covering the adhesive strips on the new emblem, line up the posts with firmly insert the posts, and pressing where the adhesives are on the top and bottom.

Flip over and press on the 2 new metal retaining clips, nice and firm. But be careful not to break the posts. press evenly on each side of the clips at the same time until snug against the back of the base, you don't want any gaps between the clips and the base.

Remove all remaining old adhesive, remove the yellow protective strip from the new adhesive and stick on the strips that came with the new emblem to the back of the base in the original locations, don't remove the red protective film until you're just about to mount it to the car.

install the new white retention clips in the trunk mounting holes. If you were lucky, the original ones held fast when you remove the base, and they can be used again
Wipe down and clean the area where the emblem/base will be installed. use 70% isopropyl alcohol, or the alcohol wipes around where the adhesives will stick.

Remove the Red protective film to expose the adhesive.

Carefully line up the posts on the base with the mounting holes in the trunk and firmly insert and press and hold for about 30 seconds. I pressed hard enough that it moved the car to make sure i had a good bond.

Before
messages_0.jpeg

Afiter
messages_0 (1).jpeg

Would love your insight and thoughts on the instructions.
What’s best way to replace front License location ?

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

dsn112

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
White/red ITS
Do you think you can get the black vinyl off without taking the A off. I already have the black A installed.

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you think you can get the black vinyl off without taking the A off. I already have the black A installed.
You can I'm sure, in my opinion, you could use a hairdryer to soften the adhesive and an exacto-knife to cut the vinyl our around the emblem.

but with everything, you do so at your own risk.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Awesome Trick.. glad you posted
I didnt know the back was attached before the paint was sprayed and the black backing was only Vinyl.. Def doing that on my TEP when it arrives..

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Hi,

Sorry, but I wanted to clarify:
- The base, after removing the black vinyl, should match the car color?

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
anyone have a video that would help show the process of this?

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
might be a stupid question, but how does the base part of the emblem come off? Do you need to remove trunk panels or something to access clips or is it just secured with adhesive?