• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pop Trunk

Yitzz

First Name
Yitzz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-spec Tech CVT
this trunk is killing me man. I love the size and how big it opens. the screen thingy that cover everything is kind of weird, why not just put something that rolls like every other suv/hatchback but im fine with it.
what gets me is the trunk not popping opened when you press the button on the remote. why even have a button on the remote if its not going to pop the trunk open?
I dont even need it to be fully electric, i can reach up and close it myself, but can we just add like a spring somewhere or something? that way when i press the button its opened by the time i get to the car with my bags. is that too much to ask?
help me out here people!

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The button is so that you can unlock the hatch without unlocking the rest of the car. I'm not sure why you would want to do that, but okay. Even if there was a spring to pop the hatch, you would still need a free hand to lift it, so I don't see any advantage to having one. Especially since you apparently have a hand free enough to push the button on the remote.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I can see the frustration here. My 9/1990 build rx7 hatch pops open a few inches on its own with the release lever pulled and it's about the same size as the integra hatch. I havent encountered any particular issue from it personally but it is a little odd how they went about it.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Haha got my car yesterday and this annoyed me. Also wondering why there are two buttons inside the hatch handle. I guess one to unlock/open and the other one to lock it? I gotta RTFM I guess ….

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
Haha got my car yesterday and this annoyed me. Also wondering why there are two buttons inside the hatch handle. I guess one to unlock/open and the other one to lock it? I gotta RTFM I guess ….
You're correct. And IMO because there are those two buttons under trunk lid, the one on the remote should be to pop it and then gas struts should softly open it up some. Makes no sense to have two different buttons in different locations to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Emunoz

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM ITS
First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
this trunk is killing me man. I love the size and how big it opens. the screen thingy that cover everything is kind of weird, why not just put something that rolls like every other suv/hatchback but im fine with it.
what gets me is the trunk not popping opened when you press the button on the remote. why even have a button on the remote if its not going to pop the trunk open?
I dont even need it to be fully electric, i can reach up and close it myself, but can we just add like a spring somewhere or something? that way when i press the button its opened by the time i get to the car with my bags. is that too much to ask?
help me out here people!

Brownyhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech CVT

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Has anyone tried installing one of these? I've always owned hatchbacks/wagons and I'm used to opening my own trunk but a power liftgate is a huge quality of life upgrade, and a modification that my wife would actually be on board with.
Not sure how much it's different from the civic Hatch.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I had a 428i and I actually appreciate this feature as my truck would randomly open when the button would press on its own in my pocket at times and I used to keep my golf gear in the back. Plenty of times someone would have to come and let me know my trunk was open..
i agree, it's most likely a safety issue, it doesn't bother me to open it myself,