• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
This is one of my favorite mods to date. Shout out to Overland for a quality product. Thanks for the write up- it was super helpful! Love it when folks take time to help our small community.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Just installed mine tonight and some of those clips are stiff as heck and was worried to break them. Looks great and no more fingerprints.

IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9991.jpeg
Looks great, But where did you get that shifter?

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Any instructions or ideas on how to remove the trim panel to the right of the center console (the one below the colored leather trim)? I'm looking to pop off that piece so that I can drill some holes to mount a RAM Mount AMPS ball base plate so that I can use a RAM X-grip for my phone (I feel like adhesive won't hold up well long term)

Masada25S

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now: None; Future: Passport/Pilot + DE5
I know personally this is a popular topic but with little information available (at least I couldn't find any) so I'm hoping to contribute to the community.

This is the Alcantara wrapped console I bought from Overland Designs:
https://overlanddesigns.com/products/type-s-console-cover

Disclaimer:
• I'm NOT an expert and used the best tools I had available to me. Take your time and be patient to avoid any broken clips.
• Also make sure to protect the rest of your interior from getting scratched.
• I'm open to suggestions regarding this process so feel free to chime in.
• I believe the process should be similar to all manual Integras from 2023-onwards.

Tools used:
• Phillips screwdriver
• Prying tool
• 15mm wrench (i think 14mm might be the exact size but 15mm worked for me)
• Tiny screwdriver (for poking that small plastic clip)
• A lot of patience

Loved this video! So well narrated. You showed each action perfectly and in sync with the instructions.

Thank you for sharing this.
Probably going to be one of those must-do modifications for many owners, including myself.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Curious for those that have had the Alcantara wrapped console for a while now, if it has started to get some smoother wear spots? my only hold out now for getting it is long term durability.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
yo so i installed mine today, and that nut under the shift knob was totally fucked on mine. in your video you loosened it with a 15mm wrench then just unscrewed it with your fingers but mine was totally jammed up. i loosened it no problem but it was impossible to take off with fingers and i had to wrench it off the entire way, and it tore up the threads on the shift lever.

i was thinking they must have put thread locker on it for whatever reason as i was getting it off, but i didn't see any compound on the threading. it didn't look like it had been cross-threaded either so i don't know what the problem was.

it went back on much easier than it went off, but still required being wrenched the entire way, and then the shift knob (which unscrewed just fine with fingers) was a pain to screw on. it seriously killed my damn hand and forearm getting it back on lol.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So far no wear issues on mine, although there's not much of a reason to actually touch it a bunch.

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
Just installed mine today. The nut under the shift knob was a bitch to get off but I really really despise the tabs to get the covers off. But either way it took about half an hour and it looks a lot better. I’m sure it will help with glare too.

IMG_3904.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

OP
OP
meki22

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Any instructions or ideas on how to remove the trim panel to the right of the center console (the one below the colored leather trim)? I'm looking to pop off that piece so that I can drill some holes to mount a RAM Mount AMPS ball base plate so that I can use a RAM X-grip for my phone (I feel like adhesive won't hold up well long term)
Unfortunately, I do not.

OP
OP
meki22

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Curious for those that have had the Alcantara wrapped console for a while now, if it has started to get some smoother wear spots? my only hold out now for getting it is long term durability.
That area hardly gets touched unless you like placing object on top of it for some reason. No wear or tear to report.

yo so i installed mine today, and that nut under the shift knob was totally fucked on mine. in your video you loosened it with a 15mm wrench then just unscrewed it with your fingers but mine was totally jammed up. i loosened it no problem but it was impossible to take off with fingers and i had to wrench it off the entire way, and it tore up the threads on the shift lever.

i was thinking they must have put thread locker on it for whatever reason as i was getting it off, but i didn't see any compound on the threading. it didn't look like it had been cross-threaded either so i don't know what the problem was.

it went back on much easier than it went off, but still required being wrenched the entire way, and then the shift knob (which unscrewed just fine with fingers) was a pain to screw on. it seriously killed my damn hand and forearm getting it back on lol.
Mine had the titanium knob installed by my dealer and I did have to apply considerable force to loosen it but luckily it wasn't as difficult as your experience 😬

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Mine had the titanium knob installed by my dealer and I did have to apply considerable force to loosen it but luckily it wasn't as difficult as your experience 😬
it was so horrible. i kept re-watching that part of your video over and over and over again trying to figure out how you were able to take it off with your fingers.

i too had the titanium shift knob installed by the dealer, which unscrewed off with no problem, but that nut underneath... it was literally tearing the threads off the shift lever as i took it off to where i had to vacuum out the metal shavings when i was done. everything is back in place now and it feels as normal as if it never happened, but man it was a terrible experience.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I wrapped mine today with some VViViD Square Black carbon fiber wrap. Also used the opportunity to swap on my Si shifter. The ITS one is nice but I got used to grabbing the whole shift knob and it just didn't feel right
Carbon Console.jpg
hmm, I have some vinyl and a heat gun, I should give this a try, I also want to do this in my 350Z interior.