Sponsored

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S, Integra 2 door, Integra 4
I know personally this is a popular topic but with little information available (at least I couldn't find any) so I'm hoping to contribute to the community.

This is the Alcantara wrapped console I bought from Overland Designs:
https://overlanddesigns.com/products/type-s-console-cover

Disclaimer:
ā€¢ I'm NOT an expert and used the best tools I had available to me. Take your time and be patient to avoid any broken clips.
ā€¢ Also make sure to protect the rest of your interior from getting scratched.
ā€¢ I'm open to suggestions regarding this process so feel free to chime in.
ā€¢ I believe the process should be similar to all manual Integras from 2023-onwards.

Tools used:
ā€¢ Phillips screwdriver
ā€¢ Prying tool
ā€¢ 15mm wrench (i think 14mm might be the exact size but 15mm worked for me)
ā€¢ Tiny screwdriver (for poking that small plastic clip)
ā€¢ A lot of patience

Looks great. Thank you for your video!
Sponsored

OP
OP
meki22

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Much thanks to your video I was able to do this very quickly:

6F2B6150-E2A5-4391-A479-8533F3A29B45.jpeg
71DC8BE9-D48F-44E4-B894-759013E80D02.jpeg
4D6920EA-0ED8-4200-BF27-F948EBBA6918.jpeg

Alcantara protected:

B2020914-DBC2-400D-8010-4BFAE6F9CE53.jpeg

Biggest difficulty was the shift knob torque nut was tightened way too much by the dealer. I had to hold the wrench on the nut Then wrap the knob with rubber and apply channel locks to loosen it
Awesome work! I love the idea of wrapping it with something different. Yes, the shifter was a bit too tight in the beginning for me as well. I figured that depended on the tech who installed it. The biggest pain for me were the clips/tabs mainly because i was so nervous of breaking them.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Wow, awesome video and it fixes the one thing I wasn't looking forward to on this car's interior!

Off topic but, your 1500 mile ownership video is fantastic. Easily the best one out there in terms of day to day ownership and your detail shots of the LCM/Red interior are pro-tier. Seeing your video made me 100% okay with taking an LCM/Red over my previous 1st choice, which was PRP/Black. Thanks for the amazing content, you have a real talent at this!

OP
OP
meki22

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow, awesome video and it fixes the one thing I wasn't looking forward to on this car's interior!

Off topic but, your 1500 mile ownership video is fantastic. Easily the best one out there in terms of day to day ownership and your detail shots of the LCM/Red interior are pro-tier. Seeing your video made me 100% okay with taking an LCM/Red over my previous 1st choice, which was PRP/Black. Thanks for the amazing content, you have a real talent at this!
I appreciate it, man! I wanted black too but I felt like it hid the lines too much. The LCM to me shows the design of the car the best.

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Awesome work! I love the idea of wrapping it with something different. Yes, the shifter was a bit too tight in the beginning for me as well. I figured that depended on the tech who installed it. The biggest pain for me were the clips/tabs mainly because i was so nervous of breaking them.
i prefer the alcantara, but figured Iā€™d try the Vvivid vinyl wrap. Itā€™s $10 and learn how to wrap since Iā€™m looking to wrap some other trim pieces.

my shift knob was on so tight I nearly stripped the thread and ended up scratching the knob a little šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. The tech that installed it must not have realized you donā€™t need much torque for the lock nut.

this makes me nervous for the dealer to do any work on our cars, something simple as an oil change and they can strip our oil pans

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Where can I find them
I just looked quickly, here is a link to type R parts and in it you can find the part we are talking about, I would do the same for the SI and decide which will work best and order one.

| DreamShop (honda.com)
Hmm not sure if that works, each time I paste it, it changes.

If not, just search civic type r interior parts, then click on the console diagram, the center console/ shifter surround part is in there.

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Shifter surround is a different shape on the Civics FYI

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Shifter surround is a different shape on the Civics FYI
Ok, gotchya, I need to look closer for options.

I really like the Civic SI center console arm rest cover, and the Alcantara looking shifter surround someone else posted, I think together that would look great in the type S.
I also see the SI shifter surround looks similar to the dash material in the ITS and would also make a better alternative if it fit properly.
I'm sure options will come, I def like the look of the soft materials on both the shifter surround and arm rest myself.
I am not keeping the gloss black if I have options.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I know personally this is a popular topic but with little information available (at least I couldn't find any) so I'm hoping to contribute to the community.

This is the Alcantara wrapped console I bought from Overland Designs:
https://overlanddesigns.com/products/type-s-console-cover

Disclaimer:
ā€¢ I'm NOT an expert and used the best tools I had available to me. Take your time and be patient to avoid any broken clips.
ā€¢ Also make sure to protect the rest of your interior from getting scratched.
ā€¢ I'm open to suggestions regarding this process so feel free to chime in.
ā€¢ I believe the process should be similar to all manual Integras from 2023-onwards.

Tools used:
ā€¢ Phillips screwdriver
ā€¢ Prying tool
ā€¢ 15mm wrench (i think 14mm might be the exact size but 15mm worked for me)
ā€¢ Tiny screwdriver (for poking that small plastic clip)
ā€¢ A lot of patience

This video was so well done!! Great work! I did watch it a couple times & was just curious on your opinion about something since I haven't messed with it yet. Someone on the FB chat said that I could just pull/pry up on JUST the chrome shifter bezel to get it out without worry of breaking clips, but after watching your video I wasn't so sure that was correct. Could you confirm that would be ok due to the style of the clip? I'm just wanting to paint it with SEM trim black ultra matte for now to take away the blinding effect. šŸ˜„

OP
OP
meki22

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This video was so well done!! Great work! I did watch it a couple times & was just curious on your opinion about something since I haven't messed with it yet. Someone on the FB chat said that I could just pull/pry up on JUST the chrome shifter bezel to get it out without worry of breaking clips, but after watching your video I wasn't so sure that was correct. Could you confirm that would be ok due to the style of the clip? I'm just wanting to paint it with SEM trim black ultra matte for now to take away the blinding effect. šŸ˜„
Thanks, man! Tbh, I donā€™t see how you can just pry that off due to the clips. Maybe you can but Iā€™d also be worried about damaging the center console in the process.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Thanks, man! Tbh, I donā€™t see how you can just pry that off due to the clips. Maybe you can but Iā€™d also be worried about damaging the center console in the process.
I have some of the acuity, non-mar pry tools, and would just use a really thick cloth underneath just so it doesn't damage the synth carbon overlay I have, but I would be concerned about breaking the clips taking it off, and then be afraid that it wouldn't pop securely right back in. Guess I'm taking the whole thing off. Lol.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I didn't use any tools on mine just grabbed the black plastic and lifted up on the piece near the cupholders.
Sponsored