• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installing Dash cam and I don’t want to remove parts

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
i Have my Dash Cam hard wired from the fuse box with a fuse tap, it is running along the headliner on the driver side to right behind the mirror.
no panels removed just used a small spudger to push the wire under the headliner and trim.

you can only see it slightly as it goes to the camera. basically have to be looking for it to see it.

took me maybe 20/30 min to run the wire.

i have a ddpai dash camera. that i had in my old car.

edit: here's a few pictures with a line showing where i ran the cable for mine. also sorry didn't get a great picture of the fuse tap location
mine is tapped twice one for when on and one for parking monitoring if your dash cam supports that.

IMG-3811.jpg

IMG-3809.jpg

IMG-3808.jpg

IMG-3807.jpg
What fuse did you tap to hardwire your dash cam? What amps for the fuse ?

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I have a Ring Dash cam that plugs into the OBD port. I'm considering a Fixit Cam. Both are clean and easy installs.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Figured it out. Got me a circuit tester. If you installed the 2023 Accord Homelink Mirror like I did and used Fuse 18 as part of the harness installation as outlined in the instructions, you can use that for your Constant. Even if you didnt install the mirror, Fuse 18 can be used for your constant. Tested with the circuit tester and confirmed it has constant power to be used for Parking Mode.
Fuse 18 (15A) can be tapped for Constant power
Fuse 45 (10A) can be tapped for ACC

rojohi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 DE5, 2019 FK7, former owner 2018 Fk8
Just installed this in mibe, and it was great not to have to tuck a wire all around.

Also discovered this video, to help with how to remove the covers: