• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gloss black wheels ?

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Curious to see if anyone has coated OEM wheels in gloss black or put on any aftermarket gloss black wheels.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Curious to see if anyone has coated OEM wheels in gloss black or put on any aftermarket gloss black wheels.
This was going to be a project of mine down the line once I get my suspension dialed in the way I want it with the stock aspec wheels. I saw someone on here powdercoated their oem wheels in gold and looked cool too

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
No offense but black wheels are way overdone. To me, they just hide the design aspects. Gloss ont really help in anyway.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No offense but black wheels are way overdone. To me, they just hide the design aspects. Gloss ont really help in anyway.
To each their own! Thatā€™s the beauty of individuality. I love seeing all different kids of peopleā€™s cars and their expression

Last edited:

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
To each their own! Thatā€™s the beauty of individuality. I love seeing all different kids of peopleā€™s cars and their expression
Oh no doubt. But thats what I mean. When OEMs are popping on black wheels, you know its overdone. At least Acura recognized this and made the ITS come in gunmetal and gold. My last 3 cars all came with black rims.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oh no doubt. But thats what I mean. When OEMs are popping on black wheels, you know its overdone. At least Acura recognized this and made the ITS come in gunmetal and gold. My last 3 cars all came with black rims.
They look good on white vehicles

Z(3).jpg

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To each their own! Thatā€™s the beauty of individuality
thatā€™s true and the gunmetal suits all of the tegs honestly so well. Would have loved to see a bronze option like the type-s has too though.
Natural human ways they got rid of black wheel options and here I am, paying for custom work to do the same Honda wouldā€™ve done from factory šŸ« šŸ˜‚

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
That's just the way things go. Style is cyclical. If something is new and fresh, it will become trendy at some point. I feel like bronze/gold/copper wheels are the new black.

But I maintain my philosophy of do what you like. My wife felt like the flat grey colors were becoming trendy, and she's not wrong- Sonic Grey Pearl is very popular on the Hondas, it's made its way to Tacomas, and I've even seen similar colors on minivans. That did not stop me from picking Arctic Grey for my 718, and I was actually extremely happy with that choice, and I'd do it again. (It had black wheels too)

IMHO the bright blues (boost blue, shark blue, etc.) are also just as, if not more trendy than the flat greys. But it's hard to deny that they look good. There's usually a reason things are trendy.

Last edited: