• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Black badges: gloss black vs black chrome Type S badges?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
04 4Runner V8 Limited, 24 Integra Type S
Looks like it's for the MDX,TLX. I think it only comes with 3 and not one for the grill
I'm pretty sure the part# for the MDX is the same as our ITS. TLX has a different part# and slightly larger badge. All 4 of our ITS badges are the same size. I can order that part# in singles, 2, or 3. Just curious as to why they're significantly cheaper and seemingly the same badge.

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm pretty sure the part# for the MDX is the same as our ITS. TLX has a different part# and slightly larger badge. All 4 of our ITS badges are the same size. I can order that part# in singles, 2, or 3. Just curious as to why they're significantly cheaper and seemingly the same badge.
Description says side and Trunk but if there all the same size that's cheap. I'd say go for it. I just ordered a set for $160 and didn't check eBay prior.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
not sure. but for the price of $31 shipped (from China), i'd be worried that it is a fake/counterfeit item. on the other hand, it's ONLY $31...
$15 is kind of what I expected to pay for a badge tbh. The $200(ish) being asked for 4 for our car seems crazy to me. I've seen them as cheap as $160 but they all require shipping for another $30.

I think I'm going to roll the dice on 2 for now because I'm getting PPF done and need replacements anyway.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
$15 is kind of what I expected to pay for a badge tbh. The $200(ish) being asked for 4 for our car seems crazy to me. I've seen them as cheap as $160 but they all require shipping for another $30.

I think I'm going to roll the dice on 2 for now because I'm getting PPF done and need replacements anyway.
I mean it depends on how anal you are. You can tell they are fakes, I have had both on other cars and the fakes looked fine until you see the OEM next to them. Just little details will be different, from a distance you won't notice it but up close you will. Also OEM should last the life of the car, the fakes usually start to fade in a year or so, depends on the quality of the fake.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
I mean it depends on how anal you are. You can tell they are fakes, I have had both on other cars and the fakes looked fine until you see the OEM next to them. Just little details will be different, from a distance you won't notice it but up close you will. Also OEM should last the life of the car, the fakes usually start to fade in a year or so, depends on the quality of the fake.
This will be a fun experiment then. They're on order. I'll report back when they come in!

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
So, good news/bad news. Good news is they're an actual Honda part # shipped from China which is exactly what they advertised. I couldn't cross reference the part and ordered them anyway. Bad news, they're a bit larger than the ones on our ITS. Pictures for reference. My guess is they're for an RDX or MDX. Not sure if I'm going to go ahead and install them or not. I think the fenders and trunk will look fine but the mounting plate for the badge on the grill is likely too small to fit the new badge.

Either way, I think I can return them. Live and learn!
1000001277.jpg
1000001278.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can anyone verify if the front black Acura badge comes with adhesive?

PXL_20240301_015013330.jpg

Screenshot_20240229-204717.png

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
Those look like the TLX ones. The MDX ones are the same size as ours.
That would make sense based on their size. The red on the 'S' is also a different shade.

More bad news. I can return them but have to pay for shipping back to China lol. Anyone want a deal on some MDX Tpye S badges?