• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front parking sensors can identify curbs?

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Does anybody know if the ITS front parking sensors can identify curbs? or do we need to be extra careful? My last car, a merc GLA, had front parking cameras, which came in very handy.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
This car only has a rear camera (no surround/bird's eye/ 360 deg camera views). And while there are parking sensors on all 4 corners, i doubt that it will pick it the curb well. My BMW is the same setup and doesn't detect raised curbs well so I always try to pull forward tentatively and constantly walk out and check and inch forward again. But I usually try to back into spots as I can at least see behind me. Otherwise, those big parking slabs/bollards or curbs can wreak havock.

Anecdotally, one of the demo cars I saw already had some scrapes beneath the front bumpers trim

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I don't think it can identify curbs. I haven't figured out the clutch yet since I just got it todday and I was rolled forward towards a curb unintendedly. Got a bit close but it didn't go off.

I'd read the manual though.

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
Wonder if there is a way to add a front camera. . .what other Acura/Honda models have that as an option? I parked yesterday and I stopped where I felt was CLOSE. Got out and checked and I was like 4 feet away. Ive been daily driving a Nissan Frontier for the past 10 years, so curbs are never an issue. I know where to stop in my 300ZX, but it will take some time to figure out the "safe" zone for the ITS.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
not sure but it might. My GTI automatally braked for me to from stop hitting the curb once but it also has the software to automtally park itself.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
But I usually try to back into spots as I can at least see behind me.
I like that idea. I've been driving a Tacoma 4x4 for many years...I don't have to worry about raised curbs.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
not sure but it might. My GTI automatally braked for me to from stop hitting the curb once but it also has the software to automtally park itself.
Agreed, my Audi most definitely can see a curb, at about 10' away.... It's helpful but also very annoying! And I just have the normal parking sensors, so it's really dependent on the application and the angle.

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
My experience in the Type S is that it does not pick up curbs very well. It's actually quite rare that it detects curbs in the front at all. Just be careful, yall!

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
Most of my cars are low or lowered, so I've long made it a practice of backing in whenever possible, preferably tight to a side curb since the general CUV-driving public and their door-swinging crotchfruits are uncaring, car-damaging savages.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Most of my cars are low or lowered, so I've long made it a practice of backing in whenever possible, preferably tight to a side curb since the general CUV-driving public and their door-swinging crotchfruits are uncaring, car-damaging savages.
Sadly all my current door dings are from my own crotchfruit.... Tried to rig up a piece of hanging foam to protect my car, but it's hard to get coverage on the rear doors and still clear the garage door. Also, my Wife takes great offense that I even tried to install it LOL. I am seriously considering putting on some of those magnetic protectors but as my DD it likely isn't practical.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Be careful because no, it doesn't pick up curbs at all. It is extremely aggressive in picking up my garage walls though.

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
I'm going to keep doing some research about a front camera from the RDX or other model. I think that should have at least been an option.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!