• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What type of battery does the ITS have? AGM?

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
It's been raining a lot here the past week in Northern CA so I've been driving my other car. I figured I'd get my CTEK charger out to trickle charge the ITS. But i'm not sure if the ITS has an AGM battery or not. The CTEK charger has a separate charging mode for AGM batteries like the one used in my BMW. But I can't tell what battery the Type S uses...

From Dreamshop, I found:
Part Number: 31500-TGG-100M
BATTERY (H561VW-MF)(CLARIOS) (LN2 - CCA=540 - RC=100)

Trying to find out more info on the battery, but haven't found much....

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
It's not an AGM battery. If it were, the OEM part number would read like this...

31500-TGG-AGM100M

The ITS battery is group size - H5

- A battery group size is an industry standard for car batteries that indicates the actual, physical size for a car battery (height x width x length), as well as the polarity (where the positive and negative battery posts are located on the battery).

The Amp hours are - 61

- This is the rating used to tell consumers how much amperage the battery can provide for exactly one hour.

This is a Maintenance Free battery - MF

- Maintenance Free means the batteries are perfectly sealed to prevent acid/electrolyte/water leakage or loss and therefore do not require addition of battery water hence they are Maintenance-Free.

The manufacturer is Clarios.

- This indicates who manufactures the battery.

The LN2 is your box size: 242x175x190

CCA are your Cold Cranking Amps: 540

- This indicates the number of amps a battery can support for 30 seconds at a temperature of 0 degrees F until the battery voltage drops to unusable levels.

RC is your Reserve Capacity: 100

- Reserve Capacity is the amount of time, in minutes, that a 12V battery can run before dropping to 10.5V. It is measured in reserve minutes. For example, if a battery has a reserve capacity of 150, that means it can supply 25 amps for 150 minutes before the voltage drops to 10.5V.

-G

Last edited:
OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
It's not an AGM battery. If it were, the OEM part number would read like this...

31500-TGG-AGM100M

The ITS battery is group size - H5
The Amp hours are - 61
This is a Maintenance Free battery - MF
The manufacturer is Clarios
The LN2 is your box size: 242x175x190
CCA are your Cold Cranking Amps: 540
RC is your Reserve Capacity: 100

-G
Thanks for decoding that. What does it mean by "Maintenance free"?

Also on the topic of batteries, during my search, I came across some post of people considering replacing their lead acid batteries for lithium ion ones (Anti-gravity) as they are about a third of the weight. I think BMW uses these types of batteries on their M cars, but they are quite expensive. I wonder what the weight distribution on the ITS is and whether that would help balance the weight...

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
MF Batteries or Maintenance Free means the batteries are perfectly sealed to prevent acid/electrolyte/water leakage or loss and therefore do not require addition of battery water hence they are maintenance-free.

-G

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I “splurged” on a CTEK charger too, and waiting for it to be delivered. Went with the CT5 Time To Go for its additional features.