• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Artwork bodyshop Rear diffuser: Does it require drilling and will it void warranty?

2quick4u

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech Acura Integra
Hello guys this is my first post on here and I have a brand new leased integra A spec Tech package. I was looking into some mods because I want to make the look more aggressive and I came across the artwork bodyshop rear diffuser. Does anyone know if it drills the car at all or does it just hook onto the car easily. It’s a project for me and my dad to do but we are worried about potentially breaking terms of the lease or voiding our warranty. Please let me know.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Message Artwork Bodyshop - Jeramie is extremely responsive & helpful. On the ITS had to drill 2 holes in plastic for the rear only, but Aspec is different.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
There's always a warranty risk with any mod you do - it's really up to each dealer whether they are cool about it or will deny any warranty claim because you "have a mod". If you have an engine problem for example, the spoiler should have nothing to do with it and in most cases you should be fine, but some dealers don't care and will deny you.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
In my experience, lease = no mods what so ever. It's not your car, you're renting it.
This! Other than wear and tear on the brakes and tires, you will be responsible for damage to the car and if you put holes in the bumper and don't buy out the lease, they'll likely charge you to replace the bumper. Even if it clips on, what if it vibrates and scuffs the original piece.

As for warranty which is a completely separate issue, as mentioned it depends on the dealership. Barring the most scumbag ones who find ways to deny as much as possible for any reason, cosmetic modifications in general should not affect warranty claims.

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Legally they must prove the mod caused the problem. Ie, an intake can't cause a blown rear end. I've had dealers install aftermarket exhausts for me and never had a problem. A tune is another story.