• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Burples and pops GONE, Fixed.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
there have been several posts about the burbles and pops disappearing, so I am sharing what happened to me tonight.
Last weekend I installed the TSP downpipe, PRL exhaust and some other goodies but I am highlighting those because of the symptoms.
I have drivin more than 100 miles since the install without any issues. Tonight I stop to fill up the tank after work and all of a sudden once I cranked it after the fill up my burbles and pops were gone. I also noticed immediately that I now had noticeable rev hang which is what I am attributing to the loss of burbles as the ECU retards the timing when load is suddenly lifted from the engine. But in this case it was seeming like the accelerator was stuck for second or 2 with gear shifts thus no load shift for the ECU to add fuel and retard timing.
So, on the way home I am like WTF. The check engine light is NOT on so there are no codes and the TSP downpipe is not supposed to throw a code and it's been fine all week until I filled up for gas. But thinking about it I am like this has to 100% be an ECU issue..
So even though the check engine light was NOT on I pulled out my OBDII reader when I got home.
Checked first bank $EF clear. Checked second bank $10 and sure as shit code P0139 (o2 sensor circuit slow).
1711667782622-em.png

So the ECU thinks my lower O2 is kinda special and needs that easy kind of throttle treatment. ( <--my lame humor)
Anyway clear codes and instant burbles and pops with no noticeable rev hang. (for a DI car)
I drove about 10 miles with a couple of engine off stops and no return of code (yet)

So if you lose your burbles and pops check band $10 for O2 code even if your check engine light is not on..

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Curious to see if it'll detect whatever it detected the first time and throw another code or if clearing it is a permanent solution.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
thinking back, is this the situation where you pull the gas pump nozzle out after filling too quick, and some gas is caught in the neck? That's when they lost there pops and got check engine light. Ever since someone posted that, I've been filling on low speed and then leaving the nozzle inserted for 10 seconds after turning it off, to keep the valve further don in the filler neck open, so all gas drains in completely. just thinking out loud...

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
there have been several posts about the burbles and pops disappearing, so I am sharing what happened to me tonight.
Last weekend I installed the TSP downpipe, PRL exhaust and some other goodies but I am highlighting those because of the symptoms.
I have drivin more than 100 miles since the install without any issues. Tonight I stop to fill up the tank after work and all of a sudden once I cranked it after the fill up my burbles and pops were gone. I also noticed immediately that I now had noticeable rev hang which is what I am attributing to the loss of burbles as the ECU retards the timing when load is suddenly lifted from the engine. But in this case it was seeming like the accelerator was stuck for second or 2 with gear shifts thus no load shift for the ECU to add fuel and retard timing.
So, on the way home I am like WTF. The check engine light is NOT on so there are no codes and the TSP downpipe is not supposed to throw a code and it's been fine all week until I filled up for gas. But thinking about it I am like this has to 100% be an ECU issue..
So even though the check engine light was NOT on I pulled out my OBDII reader when I got home.
Checked first bank $EF clear. Checked second bank $10 and sure as shit code P0139 (o2 sensor circuit slow).
1711667782622-em.png

So the ECU thinks my lower O2 is kinda special and needs that easy kind of throttle treatment. ( <--my lame humor)
Anyway clear codes and instant burbles and pops with no noticeable rev hang. (for a DI car)
I drove about 10 miles with a couple of engine off stops and no return of code (yet)

So if you lose your burbles and pops check band $10 for O2 code even if your check engine light is not on..
With the TSP down pipe is your secondary O2 sensor threaded directly into the dp or do they still require you to use some sort of defouler?

I get this regularly with my RV6 dp and have to constantly clear it, they suggest threading the defouler 1 - 2 turns deeper into the bung, since P0139 indicates the O2 isn't reading sufficient exhaust fumes, but I havent had the time to.

Edit: I've also had instances where I lost the pops and burbles, didnt get a CEL, and also wasnt able to read any codes with my "cheapo" scan tool, where I cleared codes anyway and the pops and burbles returned.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
With the TSP down pipe is your secondary O2 sensor threaded directly into the dp or do they still require you to use some sort of defouler?

I get this regularly with my RV6 dp and have to constantly clear it, they suggest threading the defouler 1 - 2 turns deeper into the bung, since P0139 indicates the O2 isn't reading sufficient exhaust fumes, but I havent had the time to.

Edit: I've also had instances where I lost the pops and burbles, didnt get a CEL, and also wasnt able to read any codes with my "cheapo" scan tool, where I cleared codes anyway and the pops and burbles returned.
Same issue before a tune. Once you loose the pops it's a sign that the cel will appear soon.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Same issue before a tune. Once you loose the pops it's a sign that the cel will appear soon.
Yeah totally rolled the dice with the RV6, ordered it and got it within the week, was told a month+ wait on TSP dps.

It seemed like a 50/50 split with people saying it would, or wouldnt throw a CEL, but knowing I would tune eventually, it wasn't a concern.

I'm still hoping to try the defouler fix to buy me some trouble free time and the ECU mail out to jailbreak gives me crazy anxiety, I unfortunately don't live close enough to a tuner that offers the service.

Are you on a OTS tune or custom?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thinking back, is this the situation where you pull the gas pump nozzle out after filling too quick, and some gas is caught in the neck? That's when they lost there pops and got check engine light. Ever since someone posted that, I've been filling on low speed and then leaving the nozzle inserted for 10 seconds after turning it off, to keep the valve further don in the filler neck open, so all gas drains in completely. just thinking out loud...
O2 cel don't think it correlates to the fill up but shit did happen when I filled up.

Yeah totally rolled the dice with the RV6, ordered it and got it within the week, was told a month+ wait on TSP dps.

it ended up being almost 5 months for me to get the correct TSP downpipe but didnt go with RV6 specifically because of cel.

Still on stock tune. not jailbroken.

headed to dyno in the next hour to get the new results from the DP and FP before installing the PRl HVI this weekend..

for the TSP they have an extension for the second o2 wire harness as the spot on the DP is too far down for the original wiring to reach but the 2nd O2 sensor goes directly into the DP below the cat.
if cel comes up again that connector will be my first place to look.

Will have the full install of DP, FP, RMM and turbo blanket video posted on youtube later this weekend it shows the spots for O2 sensors and the wiring situation.

1alrighttegra

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra a-spec 1990 corvette
I installed a bov and dp Fp with a built exhaust, got other things done to the engine but no tune yet. My car pops like crazy never lost it and my cel has been on ever since I installed the DP. Every shift it pops.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i wasn't sure if i should make a new topic about this, but i've noticed for a while that the pops and burbles will sometimes just stop after 15 - 20 minutes of driving. no CEL or anything. it usually prompts me to change the driving modes around but that usually doesn't fix it, but they do usually come back after another minute or 2.

is anyone else noticing this?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i wasn't sure if i should make a new topic about this, but i've noticed for a while that the pops and burbles will sometimes just stop after 15 - 20 minutes of driving. no CEL or anything. it usually prompts me to change the driving modes around but that usually doesn't fix it, but they do usually come back after another minute or 2.

is anyone else noticing this?
This was the first time I had any ECU related issues or loss of the pops and burbles. Do you have any other symptoms when they disappear like does the throttle seem to stick or stay at RPM during shifting?
Do they come back in the engine run cycle? IE they return a few minutes later without an engine restart?
Do you use auto rev matching?

Side note: I have had rev match disabled since about 900 miles on the car. currently around 5800

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
This was the first time I had any ECU related issues or loss of the pops and burbles. Do you have any other symptoms when they disappear like does the throttle seem to stick or stay at RPM during shifting?
Do they come back in the engine run cycle? IE they return a few minutes later without an engine restart?
Do you use auto rev matching?

Side note: I have had rev match disabled since about 900 miles on the car. currently around 5800
i dont think so particularly though i have noticed at times when i'm in-between shifting gears the engine sounds like the accelerator is still pressed down- i don't notice this corresponding with the pops and burbles disappearing though, it just happens randomly and i don't know why. they do comes back without needing to restart the engine, though it seems like it happens after i'm able to bring the car to a stop first. yes i use auto-rev matching because i'm bad it lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

It seemed like a 50/50 split with people saying it would, or wouldnt throw a CEL, but knowing I would tune eventually, it wasn't a concern.

I'm still hoping to try the defouler fix to buy me some trouble free time and the ECU mail out to jailbreak gives me crazy anxiety, I unfortunately don't live close enough to a tuner that offers the service.

Running OTS from Phearable. 3rd gear is a beast

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
I must've read this post too many times, I lost the pops just now too. Stock car.

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Is it possible to lose the pops if the valve is maybe frozen shut.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
1711667782622-em.png

I've noticed if I start in individual mode with sport + on engine sometimes I don't get pops and bangs or verbals of any kind, so I switch to sport + and get them, then switch to individual and they are fine, not sure why or how but so far, 550 miles, has been my experience.