• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I decided to tackle a full red color change, but with acrylic paint and red tape. Any “brake repair” tape will work. I got mine for $4 at Walmart. Results came out pretty good I think. Total cost was about $10 vs about $160 for getting all new red modules. I did all 7 lights….2 on each door, 2 footwells, and 1 over the wireless charger.

I ended up using 2 coats of paint (1hr in between coats) on all the lights except the door strips. I used the red tape on the inside of the tube lens to give it the red color.

I tried to capture the intensity of the lights in the dark. Phone adds a lot of intensity, but I included a picture that’s more realistic. It looks in line with those that swapped out the actual LED module.

Hope this helps others in the future.

IMG_0346.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0368.jpeg

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Nice!

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Looks awesome!! I've put this off due to cost as well - want to get the power adders on & tune. Think I might do this as well! Would the paint or tape affect bulb life in any way?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks awesome!! I've put this off due to cost as well - want to get the power adders on & tune. Think I might do this as well! Would the paint or tape affect bulb life in any way?
Zero affect. Compared to our MDX, the door light strip is more noticeable in the MDX. The Integra’s OEM white strip isn’t exactly the brightest, and the roof with the tape falls in line with that. However, those that have actually swapped it out for the footwell red light from the Type-R seem to have a much brighter output. I guess it’s a matter of preference and cost/value.

FYI: The removal of the door panels is one of the easiest I’ve ever done. Carefully pop out the window control panel where it meets the leather arm rest and unclip harness. Then, it’s one Phillips screw and then yank from the bottom edge of the panel. Acura designed the inner door handle to stay put, so no need to unhook cables or pop out a little door back there.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Zero affect. Compared to our MDX, the door light strip is more noticeable in the MDX. The Integra’s OEM white strip isn’t exactly the brightest, and the roof with the tape falls in line with that. However, those that have actually swapped it out for the footwell red light from the Type-R seem to have a much brighter output. I guess it’s a matter of preference and cost/value.

FYI: The removal of the door panels is one of the easiest I’ve ever done. Carefully pop out the window control panel where it meets the leather arm rest and unclip harness. Then, it’s one Phillips screw and then yank from the bottom edge of the panel. Acura designed the inner door handle to stay put, so no need to unhook cables or pop out a little door back there.
That's awesome! Thanks! I have the Acuity non mar pry tools for no good reason for this project - & I love that. 😄 Did you dip the lights & then hang dry? I was thinking of dipping then hanging them on a clothes pin.

I actually prefer the lighting to be dim anyway, so I don't think that will be a complaint from me. I actually would like to do the same thing to the overhead LEDs for whenever you open the doors too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's awesome! Thanks! I have the Acuity non mar pry tools for no good reason for this project - & I love that. 😄 Did you dip the lights & then hang dry? I was thinking of dipping then hanging them on a clothes pin.

I actually prefer the lighting to be dim anyway, so I don't think that will be a complaint from me. I actually would like to do the same thing to the overhead LEDs for whenever you open the doors too.
I applied the paint with a small paint brush. Did two coats, 1hr apart.

ChuckyD

First Name
Chucky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec
Looks sick! Has anyone converted to blue? I don't have much red since I got the Apex blue paint and black interior.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks sick! Has anyone converted to blue? I don't have much red since I got the Apex blue paint and black interior.
It should be the same. I actually ordered some Civic Type-R red bulbs since I want to compare them to this mod. For those that want something that’s not too bright and in your face, this mod is perfect. For those that was something brighter that wil be visible during the day, then stay tuned for my comparison pics sometime this month.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
It should be the same. I actually ordered some Civic Type-R red bulbs since I want to compare them to this mod. For those that want something that’s not too bright and in your face, this mod is perfect. For those that was something brighter that wil be visible during the day, then stay tuned for my comparison pics sometime this month.
any update with the red bulbs?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any update with the red bulbs?
I’m still waiting on them. Original ETA was 11/26. Now it’s Xmas time. I’ll keep checking with the dealership.