• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do we have any torque settings / tips for a DIY spring swap ?

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My before and after alignment settings. Got the tire fixed also.

alignment.jpg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Almost Identical to my alignment specs. Where did you get yours aligned. My local shop didn't have the DE5 in their computer system so we had to use a base 2023 Integra's specs. It shows my front caster in the red, but specs are same as yours.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Screenshot_20240126-210750.png

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Almost Identical to my alignment specs. Where did you get yours aligned. My local shop didn't have the DE5 in their computer system so we had to use a base 2023 Integra's specs. It shows my front caster in the red, but specs are same as yours.
I went straight back to the dealership where i bought the car. I could be wrong for Acura, but in the VW / Audi world, Hunter made a slightly customized machine for the dealerships. So with that in mind i've only ever gone to the dealership for my alignment.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's cool. At least they have the right specs. I have trust issues with dealerships. My local mechanic lets me hang out and chat with him while he's doing stuff. Even lets me sit in the car and align the steering wheel just like I like it when the car is up on the rack as an example. I've pretty much seen every bit of work done on my last 4 cars. It's mostly normal stuff as I tend to trade up every 3-4 years, but still.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Nice! Making me want the bronze wheels as well :p
I also just did the same: eibach springs, with 15/20mm spacers
Here are my alignment specs:
1706346992909.png

The shop only had FK8, and I sent them the official specs for the FL5 after. Anyone know if DE5 and FL5 have same alignment specs. Does it even matter? Haha.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It doesn't even matter what specs you start with, adjustment values are what they are. They can just try to dial it in as best they can, keep the toe correct, etc. Uness you get into additional suspension stuff this is what we got!

How do you like the drop and the ride now?

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Now that i have the eibach pro's i can safely say my ride is perfect. I can't fault it. I keep it on individual, with Sport + on Engine, Comfort on suspension, and Comfort on Steering.. Sometimes i'll flick it in Sport + Not feeling any bounce. TBH it feels very much like OEM. As i said, i couldn't be happier. The only thing that has me a little concerned is stone chips. i did order the mud flaps.. i don't know how i feel about them.. They may look nice on? They look nice on the Carbon Grey. So hoping they'll look nice on the APB. They'll certainly help keep the car cleaner.... and less prone to stone chips. Anyway i ordered them. They're not destructive that i can tell, so i'll put them on, see how i feel, and if it looks nice i'll keep them on.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I really really REALLU like the graphite wheels. Having the piano black trim and shine to the wheels pulls everything together, so the flaps compliment the car if anything. WHereas with the copper i just don't know yet til i see it in person. But at least i now know if i keep / swap / my graphite it'll look fricking amazing ! Now that i've seen your pics. Thanks for sharing. You know you've chosen the right car, when you look back at it after parking it or a pic of it, and think dang that looks good !

I'll put the lfaps on when i get them and if its not doing it for me, i'll swap the wheels and sell the coppers. These pics have confirmed it for me !

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here's mine with the graphite wheels! (with mud flaps)
1706428933654.png

1706428975293.png
Sooo shiny!
Can't wait to get my springs in. Those black badges.. might have to do that.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Excuse the shite quality photo's. it was late last night and i only used my iphone

IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
Pics from your garage so you did it yourself. I’m stuck on fronts can’t get them back in angle is way off. What’s the trick?

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Pics from your garage so you did it yourself. I’m stuck on fronts can’t get them back in angle is way off. What’s the trick?
That would be correct. it was a DIY. You have to unbolt the sway bar on BOTH sides. before you'll be able to fandangle the strut back into the assembly.

Also don't be afraid to twist and turn the strut itself.. it is on its own bearing so you can turn it with a good grip.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
That would be correct. it was a DIY. You have to unbolt the sway bar on BOTH sides. before you'll be able to fandangle the strut back into the assembly.

Also don't be afraid to twist and turn the strut itself.. it is on its own bearing so you can turn it with a good grip.
Thanks for replying. So both side sway bars. Is what I thinking last night before I said I was done for the evening, just never saw that in anybody’s videos. Front end on this thing like nothing I’ve seen. Wild. Anyways thanks do this soccer game and get back to it see if I can finish this rig. Both fronts out and rebuilt just need back in. Wrenching sure isn’t what I remember it…. 🤪