• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Black or Red interior on White... ughhhhh

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Mazda Miata Club, 2024 BMW M240i xDrive
I know this ends up being personal preference but I'm having a hard time deciding on the black or red interior with a white car. Anybody got any random pros/cons or other insights? I like the red because it seems like the classic complimentary Honda color with the white exterior, but am worried it might be a little too much with the entire back seat being solid red and things like the center console cover being red. Black seems like my standard choice and it has the red details, but it also might not seem as "special".... but maybe I'd get tired of the red all the time... ughhh.....

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm not a fan of red interiors but the one in the ITS is tolerable. If you find a great deal or better availability on one with red vs black, it likely won't impact your enjoyment too much even if it's not your first choice.

Unless you have a wife like mine who will straight veto a red interior.

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not a fan of red interiors but the one in the ITS is tolerable. If you find a great deal or better availability on one with red vs black, it likely won't impact your enjoyment too much even if it's not your first choice.

Unless you have a wife like mine who will straight veto a red interior.
Haha... I get a white interior veto over here.

I'm ordering the car so I can pick either color... the struggle is real.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I had the red interior on my White A-Spec + Tech and loved it, then the black interior in my black ITS and it was ok--the "better" color is subjective, but I felt the red interior was easier to keep looking clean. The black interior may end up being more timeless, but it's hard to say.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
the entire back seat being solid red and things like the center console cover being red.
I love the red interior. I had the same concern about the entire back seat being red. But you don't see it when sitting in the driver's seat and hasn't felt like too much in my short 1900 miles.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I have whtite/red combo and I personally think it looks good since it's a two tone combination. However, as you mention red is probably not for everyone and if you want to play safe, white/black combo especially if you're planning to resell it in the future.

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have whtite/red combo and I personally think it looks good since it's a two tone combination. However, as you mention red is probably not for everyone and if you want to play safe, white/black combo especially if you're planning to resell it in the future.
That's funny... I was actually thinking the opposite in that maybe I should get red because it will be the more desirable combo when I go to resell it.... hmmmm

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I have a White/Red ITS, because I got tired of having all black interiors. I wanted a splash of color, but as you say, it's personal preference. I like that the red brake calipers tie in with the red interior.

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
I have the white and red combo and I think it is the way to go. I felt like the black interior would have been too toned down.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think the red interior is just a bit more special. Black is just a sea of black. That being said, if I had a red or blue ITS, I would want the black interior. With the Gray, white or black car, the red interior works best. IMO of course

CMATT77

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe, 2023 Ford Bronco
I have the red interior in my ASpec Tech. When I first started researching the car I was like “I don’t know about this” but the more I saw it the more I thought it makes this car unique and special. Gives it a sporty unique feel.

Of course mine is ultimately going to a teenager later this year so…

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I know this ends up being personal preference but I'm having a hard time deciding on the black or red interior with a white car. Anybody got any random pros/cons or other insights? I like the red because it seems like the classic complimentary Honda color with the white exterior, but am worried it might be a little too much with the entire back seat being solid red and things like the center console cover being red. Black seems like my standard choice and it has the red details, but it also might not seem as "special".... but maybe I'd get tired of the red all the time... ughhh.....
I went through this as well.
I started out hating the red so for me it was either Orchid or ebony.
Then I saw the ebony with the red contrast stitching, and I was sold.
I love the interior in ebony and how they took the stitching through the whole car, and in the steering wheel and shifter boot.
The Orchid is ok, but to me, not white enough so, ebony for me, plus as I said, the red contrast stitching to me looks great.
The red would be better if they used black contrast stitching, but they didn't, they used red there too and you can't even see it.

austinrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I got the white ITS with red interior. Cant ever go wrong with a white, black, and red color combo.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I saw a white ITS with red interior at a dealership. For me, the front looked OK and I could live with it - but the all red back area was too much. Still in line, but pretty sure I'll wait for all black interior. Am having more trouble deciding on exterior color. My present GTI is white, which I like - but not sure I want another white car right now. Even when a bit dirty, white still looks nice. Both blue and red look good in photos, but haven't' actually seen either one yet. Anyone with red exterior care to comment??