• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does this install retain the blind spot warning light on the mirror itself?
Yes, heated mirrors and blind spot functions are retained.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Same as Kit C just without a few wires that you don't use.
Got it. Thank you. So with that do you need to order the mirror covers as well as the mirror turn signals?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
Got it. Thank you. So with that do you need to order the mirror covers as well as the mirror turn signals?
the tech already has turn signals so you don’t need either.

if you are adding turn signals on a lower trim you would need a new cover. Make sure you order the right kit for your trim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oh. Like mentioned above. I am assuming you have Advanced Tech package. If you already have blinkers in mirror then you can reuse your covers.
If you don't have blinkers in the mirrors currently you may have to get a different kit.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the tech already has turn signals so you don’t need either.

if you are adding turn signals on a lower trim you would need a new cover. Make sure you order the right kit for your trim.
Does the ITS have the turn signals already in the mirror? I have literally never noticed that. Sorry for my ignorance.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does the ITS have the turn signals already in the mirror? I have literally never noticed that. Sorry for my ignorance.
Yes. For the ITS either Kit C or F will work. You can reuse your mirror caps.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Just completed the install of the model F kit. I followed the Civic SI installation instructions and only the steps for the grey, black, and green wires. I decided to swap the entire base as it seemed like my original color matched Type-S base covers wouldn't fit. This was a bit of a hassle due to the need to de-pin/re-pin the connectors. Which I found went more smoothly inserting a thin, straightened out paper clip in the side of connector where the wire is inserted and then gently pulling the wire out, which also pulled out the paper clip along with it. The de-pinner included with the kit was hit or miss using it form the other side of the connector and couldn't be used on the wire side. Here area few pictures of the differences between the bases, my original is on the left in each image.
1000011688.jpg
1000011689.jpg
1000011690.jpg

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Install Time
First mirror- 2-3 hours figuring everything out​
Second mirror- 45 mins at most.​
Features
With the cabubus adapter windows can be rolled down with remote(already a feature) but also rolled up with the opposite method. Single press lock then long press lock​
Mirrors automatically fold closed when locking vehicle​
Mirrors automatically unfold when unlocking vehicle​
Issues-
None​
NOTES
May just need to perform these two steps w/ the car on to re-enable Automatic window roll-up/roll-down.​
  1. Move the driver's window all the way DOWN (with the down switch)
  2. Pull up and HOLD UP until the window closes, and after it closes, continue for 1 second.( Thanks @acurax)
For remote window roll-down​
Press unlock once then Press and Hold unlock untill Windows begin lowering. Release at any time and windows will stop.​
For remote window roll-up​
Press lock once then Press and Hold lock untill Windows roll-up.​

Instructions to disable the modules "safety" beeps

Screenshot_20240315-203443.png
I
I just finished the F Kit install. The roll down function still works, but I cannot seem to get the roll up function when holding the door lock button to work. Any insight into how to make that work? Or is this just not a function of the F Kit? Thank you.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I just finished the F Kit install. The roll down function still works, but I cannot seem to get the roll up function when holding the door lock button to work. Any insight into how to make that work? Or is this just not a function of the F Kit? Thank you.
Yeah you need to buy that function.
My issue is with the mirrors set to auto-fold the windows roll-up. I reached out to Mik about it and there's nothing you can do.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah you need to buy that function.
My issue is with the mirrors set to auto-fold the windows roll-up. I reached out to Mik about it and there's nothing you can do.
The windows roll up when? Whenever you lock the car?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The windows roll up when? Whenever you lock the car?
Yeah. If you have the mirrors set to auto-fold and the car set to auto-lock when you leave your vehicle the mirrors will fold and doing so causes the windows to close.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I finalized the F kit install today and wanted to pass along some pointers. The following was cross posted in another thread, but I hope that someone finds this here or there and it is helpful for them.

Some things I learned during this install which are specific to the F Kit (and may apply to other kits)
- The green wire has a different connector on either end. Make sure you do not plug the wire in backward because depinning these connectors can be a PITA
- Tighten your screws all the way down or else your mirror will wobble, and you will have to live with that wobble or revise the install. I had to remove the mirror again and partially disassemble stop the wobble. With that said, do not over tighten the screws or you can strip the plastic like another member of this forum did
- If you switch out the mirror glass, when you reinstall it, make sure the tilt motor sticks are properly aligned. They are ball and socket joints but there is a little notch that must align. If you do not align the notch, the ball will break off
- Wear gloves when you remove the glass. Even clean hands are greasy. Also white lithium grease is behind the mirror to prevent plastic squeaking. It will get all over your hands, or gloves if you are wearing them
- Take more pictures than you need to to ensure putting things back together is easier