• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Aspec vs Aspec w/tech (CVT model)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Anyone got any insight to what the big difference is between these two models? I'm debating an upgrade from my 10th gen civic but can't figure out if i'm really getting much for the $3k difference.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Thereā€™s quite a few big ones and some minor ones. For a thorough response that will be much better than any of us can give, just go to Acura.com and compare the models.

My vote is with the techā€¦mostly for the 6MT though.

These are the major ones:

Adaptive Damper System
ELS STUDIO 3DĀ® Premium Audio
UltrasuedeĀ®-Trimmed Front Seats
9-inch Touchscreen Display
Heads up display

Last edited:

Swahme

First Name
Rohun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
As a non-tech a-spec driver, here is what I would have wanted from the tech package after 9 months of driving the integra.

-wireless Apple CarPlay. I ended up buying a wireless dongle off Amazon for around $50. Works great, no connection issues to date. But, it does take up the one and only usb port.
-sound system. The non-tech begins to distort at about 20 on the volume knob. The base is not deep or punchy, very much in need of aftermarket support and a subwoofer at minimum. I primary listen to electronic music.
-larger infotainment screen. The stock is fine, but being a forum frequenter, the smaller screen misses the modern touch.
-manual passenger seat. Unsure if the tech had dual power seats, but this is my biggest issue with it being an ā€œAcuraā€.
-no 6mt option. As a daily, no big deal. But, the cvt is limited when looking to get more power. Learning that this is the major power bottleneck, which has no room for upgrades.
-turn signal integrated mirrors. Seems even lower priced economy cars come with this standard.
-dual climate control. Again, seems even lower priced economy cars come with this standard.

Hammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec
If you can swing the extra 3k IMO the tech pkg is a worthwhile upgrade
this is my 3rd Acura and the ELS premium sound is definitely a nice upgrade over the base
bigger touch screen
wireless carplay/android auto
power front passenger seat
dual climate
heads up display
the micro suede contrast on the red seats is nice (not sure what color interior you are looking at)

some of the other nicer stuff
low speed braking
parking sensors
wireless charging pad

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I came from a 10th gen civic sport touring to a Aspec w/ tech. Itā€™s not a night and day difference in regards to feel. I feel like it drives and behaves about the same as the 10th gen once the ā€œnew car lusterā€ disappears. The real difference really is the interior. The sound system is for sure a night and day difference, A LOT more punchy and more bass. The sound deadening although not the best still way better than the 10th gen civic. The cluster+head up display is a good touch of convenience. Wireless CarPlay isnā€™t needed but it is convenient not having to plug your phone in. Wireless charger (not a fan of) since youā€™ll only get like 7% in a hour charging and an extremely hot phone. One thing that I love that I HATED about the civic is a sunglasses holder, man that was a huge gripe for me in the civic šŸ˜‚. The seats are a lot more comfortable than the civic also, during long drives those seats killed me.. plus thereā€™s lumbar support and seat memory depending on what key fob you use. This is nitpicking at this point but the key fob for the Acura is pretty huge compared to the 10th gen, but I like that it has a ā€œlight statusā€ on top to tell you/confirm that the action you asked for is completed or failed. (Ex. Remote start when pressing the buttons is a orange light, if the car started up it lights up green, if it failed it lights up red). Not to mention you get an extra year of warranty compared to Honda + the free 2yrs maintenance on oil changes.