• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone done H&R springs or planning to?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Still debating spring options, leaning towards H&Rs for the FL5 due to mild drop and stock like ride. Anyone else have them or planning to?

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are they a better choice than spoon version?
I am assuming the H&Rs have a lower spring rate, so more compliant ride. But that's just based on FL5 reviews, and even then most are running the older FK8 version.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I have bought the springs and waiting ro install them. The shop won’t be able to do it until mid September. I will post some pics and my drive observations soon after.

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
AHC installed some Spoon springs. Looks nice without a wheel gap.
I have Spoon Progressive springs and rigid collars on my FK8 and it’s a stiff ride even in comfort mode.

chuuey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra, '02 GT2, '01 Land Cruiser, '98 M3
I have some on order. As a heads up, they were 2-3 weeks out if anyone was looking for something immediately.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For what it's worth, H&R just notified me that they will be releasing a DE5 specific spring set.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any info on specs for the DE5 specific ones?
It's likely months out IF it comes out. When I asked for clarification, they said they might release DE5 specific springs, but they hadn't decided yet.

Has it ever been confirmed that the FL5 and DE5 have the same spring rates?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm liking the eibach offering but this still hasn't been released for the fl5. More of a raked looked.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm liking the eibach offering but this still hasn't been released for the fl5. More of a raked looked.
Yeah, H&R have a more moderate .2" rake, think the big difference is the Eibachs have a full 1" front drop so looks way lower. Weird, I remember when anything less than a 2" drop was nothing, and now we are debating .2" LOL.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
It's likely months out IF it comes out. When I asked for clarification, they said they might release DE5 specific springs, but they hadn't decided yet.

Has it ever been confirmed that the FL5 and DE5 have the same spring rates?
I worked in product development all my life and it is very unlikely that H&R will come out with a DE5 specific springs. The amount of R&D and inventories will not justify for the small numbers of DE5 productions. If they decide to introduce one, my gut feeling is that they will just re-brand the springs for the FL5. I could be wrong but that is what I am going to do if I am the product manager for H&R.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I worked in product development all my life and it is very unlikely that H&R will come out with a DE5 specific springs. The amount of R&D and inventories will not justify for the small numbers of DE5 productions. If they decide to introduce one, my gut feeling is that they will just re-brand the springs for the FL5. I could be wrong but that is what I am going to do if I am the product manager for H&R.
I 100% agree which is why it surprised me and why I ordered the springs regardless (FL5). Was told they were backordered but they arrived Saturday, only a couple days after I ordered.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah, H&R have a more moderate .2" rake, think the big difference is the Eibachs have a full 1" front drop so looks way lower. Weird, I remember when anything less than a 2" drop was nothing, and now we are debating .2" LOL.
Eibach has two different styles.. one set with a 0.2 drop and another with a 1.0 drop